jockosmom

New Corners are up on the Titus 2 blog -

This gem from Steve -

First, let's define the term "subjection" as found in 1 Peter 3:1 and "submit" in Colossians 3:18 and Ephesians 5:22. Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance defines that word in the Greek as a military term "to rank under." In essence, it means to obey. It presents a beautiful picture of how a wife's submission strengthens the marriage, just as a soldier's willingness to obey his commander's orders strengthens an army. In the same way that God placed the husband in the home as the leader and final decision maker, He has put the wife in the home to be the follower.

And from Teri -

I remember years ago eating lunch out with my mom when we were shopping one day. We were having pizza, and I ordered a large soda with my meal. When the drinks were delivered, I was disappointed to discover that my cup wasn't filled to the brim. Quite quickly I muttered, "They sure were stingy with my drink. Look how much more they could have put into this glass."

My mom smiled and responded with, "Wow. I was just thinking what a huge glass of Pepsi that was."

Poor Teri. No more Pepsi since her commanding officer, er, I mean husband, has forbidden it.

And here I was thinking that if I pay for 20 oz. of drink, they should put 20 oz in there. How selfish of me!

:lol: Stevie, it seems that Teri is still making an idol out of Pepsi by recalling a Pepsi story,,,, :naughty: :naughty:

This gem from Steve -

See Steve, most of us believe we are in a relationship with our partners, not a military outfit. I really feel for Teri and all women who are so brainwashed.

Steve, you'd be surprised how beautiful an equal partnership can be. You'd be surprised how beautiful it is not seeing your partner as a subordinate.

Guest Anonymous

The association between the commanders and the soldiers is not necessarily a pleasant one. Remember the First World War expression "Lions led by donkeys"? Maybe that's what it's like in some fundy households. Maybe this actually shows some insight on the part of Steve.

Quote:

First, let's define the term "subjection" as found in 1 Peter 3:1 and "submit" in Colossians 3:18 and Ephesians 5:22. Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance defines that word in the Greek as a military term "to rank under." In essence, it means to obey. It presents a beautiful picture of how a wife's submission strengthens the marriage, just as a soldier's willingness to obey his commander's orders strengthens an army. In the same way that God placed the husband in the home as the leader and final decision maker, He has put the wife in the home to be the follower.

I have a small penis. Simples.

adjective

being under domination, control, or influence (often followed by to ).

being under dominion, rule, or authority, as of a sovereign, state, or some governing power; owing allegiance or obedience (often followed by to ).

open or exposed (usually followed by to ): subject to ridicule.

being dependent or conditional upon something (usually followed by to ): His consent is subject to your approval.

being under the necessity of undergoing something (usually followed by to ): All beings are subject to death.

Yup, Stevo quivers with the notion of Teri being dominated by him....and that all beings are subject to death.

See Steve, most of us believe we are in a relationship with our partners, not a military outfit. I really feel for Teri and all women who are so brainwashed.

Steve, you'd be surprised how beautiful an equal partnership can be. You'd be surprised how beautiful it is not seeing your partner as a subordinate.

I would add too that commanders have training and have to prove they are good enough to be in this position. In your world Stevie a penis is proof enough, but really that ain't no proof at all.

Where is this on the blog? Ive been checking for updates and I haven't seen this one.

It's not a regular blog post, it's one of their Monthly Corners. You need to mouse over "articles" in the top navigation bar, and inside that popup window click "all articles." These are the newest July Corners.

Me thinks that Teri loves Pepsi more than Steve.

Well let's compare them and see how they match up.

Pepsi-cool and refreshing

Steve-cold and demanding

Pepsi-bubbly

Steve-morose and obsessesed with death

Pepsi-doesn't care how many kids Teri has

Steve-thought the best way to get Teri over postpartum depression is to have 5 more kids

Yeah, I'd say Pepsi wins out.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well let's compare them and see how they match up.

Pepsi-cool and refreshing

Steve-cold and demanding

Pepsi-bubbly

Steve-morose and obsessesed with death

Pepsi-doesn't care how many kids Teri has

Steve-thought the best way to get Teri over postpartum depression is to have 5 more kids

Yeah, I'd say Pepsi wins out.

This gem from Steve -

And from Teri -

Poor Teri. No more Pepsi since her commanding officer, er, I mean husband, has forbidden it.

Growing up, the few times we ate fast food or went out to dinner and I had soda, I'd always ask for only a little bit of ice, because that way, I'd get more soda. (Plus, I hate the watered-down taste that happens when the ice melts.) To this day, my dad likes to tell the story to people, noting that I always had a mind of my own.

My Pepsi avatar was inspired by this very issue. Steve is an insecure asshat. A sick, twisted, asshat.

Your avatar looks like my country's flag, every time I see it it confuses me until I remember it's the Pepsi logo :lol:

Your avatar looks like my country's flag, every time I see it it confuses me until I remember it's the Pepsi logo :lol:

Yes it is my flag too, are you Dutch??

Well, I guess Steve's advice of, "Treat your husband like you would your commanding officer in the army," is marginally better than Gabe Anast's, "Treat your husband like your assy boss in a job you hate but can't afford to quit?"

Damning with faint praise, I know.

Steve makes me stabby.

I want to take Teri out to lunch and get her a 44 oz pepsi that comes with free refills.

I really, really hate to ask this, but I've done all the searches I can think of, here and on the Maxwell site, and can't seem to find the story of Teri giving up her one pleasure in life Pepsi. Could someone just slip me a quick hint or something, point me in the right direction? :)

Fanks in advance.

The point of a military is to maintain a nation's power through violent means. I guess the analogy explains a lot of the issues with fundie parenting.

I really, really hate to ask this, but I've done all the searches I can think of, here and on the Maxwell site, and can't seem to find the story of Teri giving up her one pleasure in life Pepsi. Could someone just slip me a quick hint or something, point me in the right direction? :)

Fanks in advance.

It was the Mom's Corner from July 2008, titled "Nothing Between." It looks like it's not on their website anymore, but you can see it on the wayback: archive.org/web/20100704201132/http://www.titus2.com/corners/7-08-m.htm

Hope that link works. Some highlights:

While [Pepsi] appeared to be a harmless habit of life, it had become a sinful, worldly pleasure for me because it had become so important. During the day, I thought about when I would get another Pepsi. I hoped when we were out that we would stop at the convenience store so I could buy a big drink from the soda fountain. If I didn't have a Pepsi, I'd get a headache so I was always trying to prevent that from happening.

While I greatly enjoyed drinking my Pepsi, I was truly in bondage. I fought spiritual battles over my Pepsi—defending it one moment and feeling condemned the next. I would drink a Pepsi telling the Lord that it would be my last one, but the next day I'd find myself rationalizing it again.

Twice I succeed in getting off the caffeine for several weeks or a couple of months only to end up back on it. I thought I could start drinking the Pepsi again, and keep it in moderation. Although I would begin with small amounts, before long I was back to where I had been before.

As you read the Corner, replace the word Pepsi with martini and you'll see why I think Teri might have some addictive tendencies. Obviously there's nothing wrong with drinking Pepsi, and she should have as much as she wants as long as it doesn't affect her health. But the way she talks about it in that Corner! Even though she decided she didn't want to drink it anymore, she says she couldn't stop. It was like she was powerless over the Pepsi. She describes her experience quitting Pepsi with such shame and bargaining and, "This will be my last one. No, this one. No, this one. Okay, I'll quit tomorrow. No, the next week. No, the week after that. Okay, I'll start drinking it again because I know I can stop at just one. Okay, two. Well, just one more. Oops, the whole two liter is gone. Well, I'll quit tomorrow for sure." It really kind of pinged something for me. And then, to quit, she needed to acknowledge that a higher power could help her and turn her Pepsi cravings over to Him, and...well, you know the rest. It's like she started a one-woman Pepsi Anonymous meeting.

Fanks in advance.

I was trying to find it for you so I goggled 'Teri Maxwell corner Pepsi'. This link from FJ came up (http://www.freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3197) which has a link for the July 2008 corner in it. I clicked on it but the link was broken. I thought perhaps that it just didn't work when they switched over to the new website design so I looked under Articles on the new layout and surprise, surprise, not a single corner from 2008 is published.

But thankfully, we have the Wayback Machine and the internet IS forever :lol:

From here, you can see all the past Corners that have been written. web.archive.org/web/20101227024954/http://www.titus2.com/corners/

Or skip directly to here and read all about Teri's spiritual battle with sin (seriously, her words).

web.archive.org/web/20101202234656/http://titus2.com/corners/7-08-m.htm

eta: beat to the punch

The point of a military is to maintain a nation's power through violent means. I guess the analogy explains a lot of the issues with fundie parenting.

:text-yeahthat:

It was the Mom's Corner from July 2008, titled "Nothing Between." It looks like it's not on their website anymore, but you can see it on the wayback: web.archive.org/web/20100704201132/http://www.titus2.com/corners/7-08-m.htm

Hope that link works. Some highlights:

As you read the Corner, replace the word Pepsi with martini and you'll see why I think Teri might have some addictive tendencies. Obviously there's nothing wrong with drinking Pepsi, and she should have as much as she wants as long as it doesn't affect her health. But the way she talks about it in that Corner! Even though she decided she didn't want to drink it anymore, she says she couldn't stop. It was like she was powerless over the Pepsi. She describes her experience quitting Pepsi with such shame and bargaining and, "This will be my last one. No, this one. No, this one. Okay, I'll quit tomorrow. No, the next week. No, the week after that. Okay, I'll start drinking it again because I know I can stop at just one. Okay, two. Well, just one more. Oops, the whole two liter is gone. Well, I'll quit tomorrow for sure." It really kind of pinged something for me. And then, to quit, she needed to acknowledge that a higher power could help her and turn her Pepsi cravings over to Him, and...well, you know the rest. It's like she started a one-woman Pepsi Anonymous meeting.

:shock: <<< I'm literally sitting here with that expression on my face. I hope no one comes in and sees me like this, they're going to think something's seriously wrong with me.

This is so not what I'd expected. I thought Steve had forbidden her from drinking Pepsi for his own bizarre reasons. I kind of feel for her, because I'm 'addicted' to Coke and Coke Slurpees, have been for years. I've been told to either cut way, way back or ideally, give it up altogether, because I'm pre-diabetic and it's not good for my kidneys, either. It's been hard as hell, but my habit's gone from two Cokes a day to none, and several (giant-sized) Slurpees a week to maybe one. But it wasn't a spiritual warfare issue, it was just a me and my sad lack of willpower issue. God has far bigger things to deal with than my 7-Eleven runs, you know? :?

Thank you for the link. You're right, it's no longer on the website. In fact, there are no Corners entries for all of 2008, which is very odd. :think:

Archived