IGNORED

Lacy of A Godly Maiden/Set Apart for Him

doe

Hi there, I've been reading Free Jinger for years. I don't know how many of you are familiar with Lacy Self who used to have a blog called A Godly Maiden. She was discussed on the old FJ Yuku site. http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/1971/A ... ing?page=1 I'm very enamored with the happy young couple and have depended on Lacy for updates, but she has been disappointing to say the least. I think there's something up with how things happened after Levi and Megan's wedding.

This is her blog. Lacy.obeyingthetruth.com

I started reading Lacy's blog around the time she met Megan, another blogger who shared her beliefs. I enjoyed the entries with Lacy, Levi, and Megan. Not long after they met, Lacy announced the courtship of Levi and Megan on her blog. In the Yuku thread it was speculated that she may not have actually attended their wedding.

Since then, Lacy changed her blog over to Blogger then back to Wordpress. In doing so, she kept most of her archives, but not all. I found out most of the Megan posts are gone. There are a few which include other farm goings on, but the introduction posts to how she met Megan are gone. There's one post that includes a small picture of Megan and Levi. When clicked, the page isn't found but from the title I can tell that it was the courtship announcement. Lacy struck that from the page. lacy.obeyingthetruth.com/blog/?paged=25

Megan deleted her original blog, but now has a new one as a wife and mother (they had their first baby!). I found out from her mom (from clicking some links) that she and Levi have just moved away from Ohio and are living with Lacy and fam. Funny how Lacy hasn't mentioned a word of this.

Another change is that Lacy and her mother no longer cover their heads. They don't believe it's required, but Megan is still a coverer. I went to the family's website Obeyingthetruth.com, and some changes have been made to the about them page. One thing is that her father had originally stated a cape dress was the most modest thing a woman could wear (along with a headcovering), but now says he doesn't specify certain clothing as modest.

Another thing was that while Megan and Levi were courting, she and Lacy started a Wordpress "magazine" thing called Stablishing Hearts, which talked about biblical womanhood prior to being married. That appears to have been deleted as well. I've noticed some of Lacy's biblical entries are gone, too.

Just curious about all these changes and I'd really like a Megan and Levi fix! I think they are a very precious couple. I don't have anyone in real life I can talk about online fundie stuff to (the husband gets a little worn out if he doesn't know back story) so I knew I had to bring it here. I wonder if Lacy will ever bring her brother and SIL up again. Lacy used to be close to Levi and did some preaching on her blog, and now it's mostly Christian farm girl entries.

Thanks for the update on Lacy and fam! I hardly ever look at her blog anymore; she rarely updates, and to put it bluntly, she has an incredibly dull (IMO) life.

I had no idea that there's behind-the-scenes weirdness with Megan and Levi. I did think it was odd that Lacy and her parents don't seem to have attended the wedding... especially considering that Megan lived with the Selfs for quite a while. They must have approved of her, and her relationship with Levi, at some point. What happened? Is Lacy not conservative enough anymore for Megan's and Levi's liking? Inquiring minds want to know...

Hi darkplumaged, I'm only guessing that something is going on. Especially now that I hear that Megan and Levi have currently moved back in. I wonder if there were doctrinal differences. Levi and Megan were planning to live a very old fashioned life without electricity. And Lacy's blog is cleaned up of a lot of the controversial preachiness. When a friend asked on her blog why she no longer covered anymore she replied they decided they were wrong about the need to do it.

Something else that's interesting is during the brief time she moved her blog to Blogger, she did one of those Get to Know Me type memes and when it asked if she wanted to get married she said something like, "Not really, no." I don't think those entries were moved back to Wordpress.

Megan's baby boy is a cutie and I think she and Levi make a sweet little family. I hope she starts blogging again and in the meantime, it would be nice if Lacy would mention her brother and SIL. I want to know what's up, too.

• 6 years later...
23 minutes ago, Jill222 said:

In case anyone wants an update, Lacy has a boyfriend now -  on Instagram she's luckycloverfarm.girl

,,.png

She's on FB along with her mom and it's so interesting to look through her mother's Facebook page. Starting in 2008 you could see they wore head coverings and dressed very modestly. Slowly over time you can see Lacy dressing more mainstream. And now she wears tank tops and jeans. But her brother still seems to be living "plain." It looks like he has at least 3 kids and looks most similar to the way the Amish dress. 

Its amazing that one child went even more extreme while the other child went mainstream. Lacy and Levi must now live extremely different lives these days.

You've probably seen Megan's mom's wedding video - so satistfyingly weird!

For anyone else who's interested in godly weddings:  at 26:00 the bride walks the 'aisle'; at 50:00 the groom touches his bride's feet for the first time as he washes them to the canned strains of "How Beautiful")

Archived