IGNORED

More Creation Museum Billboards Going Up

Visionoyahweh

I pass one of those billboards on the way to work. Makes me giggle every time. Someday I'll convince the headship to take me there!

I saw an ad for the CM on I-69 north of Indianapolis. Ham must be desperate if he's trying to draw casual visitors from so far away.

seriously, it says that its 462 miles away. that's f--ing ridiculous. What I find hilarious is that he says that they don't have the money that big commercial enterprises have for advertising. Is he equating museums with big commercial enterprises? They are museums dude, and they rely on admissions and donations for their funds. THey just have more people coming to them because they have something of value in them unlike the made up bullsh*t in the Creation Museum!

The picture is captioned as "the brave triceratops" and shows it charging something looking angry.

Triceratops was an herbivore to the best of my knowledge. No incisors, no meat eating teeth at all.

i think it's false advertising unless they show Adam and Eve riding on top of the dinosaur.

I suppose they don't put up billboards like that because, well, it would be absurd and people might not come :roll:

Reminds me of the old "only XXX miles to the Shell Factory/Ruby Falls/Other Attraction" signs that started just over the border into the States on the I75....

The picture is captioned as "the brave triceratops" and shows it charging something looking angry.

Triceratops was an herbivore to the best of my knowledge. No incisors, no meat eating teeth at all.

About the only time it would charge is if it were a mating display (provided they did that) or unable to escape. Otherwise it would just run and hide like all the other herbivorous.

About the only time it would charge is if it were a mating display (provided they did that) or unable to escape. Otherwise it would just run and hide like all the other herbivorous.

or the fundies from the world.

FREE Creation Museum Days 2012... Xmas Eve is the perfect time for us godless heathens to attend me thinks :-) Sadly its 5.5 hours away, there's a part of me that thinks I might just go if only to kill time on Xmas eve whilst everyone else is doing their last minute shopping.

Mothers are free on Mother’s Day, May 13.

Fathers are free on Father's Day, June 17.

Veterans are free on the following days:

Memorial Day, May 28

Independence Day, July 4

Veterans Day, November 11

All guests are free on Christmas Eve, December 24, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM.

Children under five years old are always free.

These special admissions may not be combined with any other promotional offers or discounts.

I would never pay to go inside, though I could be convince to go on a free day for a good life.

I love the image of PZ Meyers riding the dinosaur at the museum lol.

I'm driving that way this summer and I'm just DYING to stop by and scoop the place out. For the benefit of the hive, of course. My snarking is perfectly altruistic. However, my family disagrees and doesn't think they can hold their tongues, so going might be a liability. I really want to go, as a friend on FB did, and it is loltastic, even in the little bit I saw.

I would pay, but then I would donate money to some EBIL cause to offset the damage, I think.

I want to see that place and the people who go there. It would be quite an experience.

It is. Totally amazing... ly hilarious

I'll go on one of the free days and take pics. I'm sacrificing myself here. It's not far from my house so it's not a waste of gas, just a waste of the poor logic center of my brain. But hey, I made it through Abeka, I'll survive.

It's gross how they lie about what is accepted by the vast majority of scientists as fact, as if evolution is some fairy tale invented by atheists who have an agenda other than revealing what is real and what is true. I wish someone would open a "Square Earth" museum right next door to it, with official-looking displays and exhibits, like those seen in the Creation Museum.

If that place were within an hour of me, I would go. I might get kicked out for rolling on the floor laughing (either at the displays or at the people who actually believed in it) but it would be an interesting, humorous day. And I would even ask people questions to add to my amusement.

I've never noticed any of those billboards in NY.

The virtual tour is fascinating. Thanks for pointing it out!

What I found most noticeable was the lack of anything. The exhibits were actually quite impressive looking but there was very little actual (dis)information or writing. Its sparser than this cruddy museum we went to in Toronto. AT one point there's a teency set of plaques describing natural selection versus evolution and there were some biblical plaques too, but that was about it. Otherwise it would be a paragraph describing the elaborate diorama (with very unnatural looking characters in it) and pretty much nothing else. The tickets are good for two consecutive days! I'm not sure what you could do with going to the museum twice in two days. I think it would take about an hour or two maximum to go through everything and read every word. If you've been homeskooled by fundies though the reading could take days....

There's no way I could ever go, even if I wasn't thousands of miles away. It would make me too cross.

I lived not too far from there for two years - I was at the University of Kentucky in Lexington - and I really regret never going. I actually know a fair amount of people who went, I think a lot of UK students went there for the LOLZ, because it is really that ridiculous. One friend (who is trans, FUNDIES DROP DEAD AT THE MERE THOUGHT!) went there with a couple of friends and mentioned that most people seemed to be there ironically, apart from a couple of Mennonite-looking families with 3838263290505773 kids and headcoverings.

The virtual tour is fascinating. Thanks for pointing it out!

What I found most noticeable was the lack of anything. The exhibits were actually quite impressive looking but there was very little actual (dis)information or writing. Its sparser than this cruddy museum we went to in Toronto. AT one point there's a teency set of plaques describing natural selection versus evolution and there were some biblical plaques too, but that was about it. Otherwise it would be a paragraph describing the elaborate diorama (with very unnatural looking characters in it) and pretty much nothing else. The tickets are good for two consecutive days! I'm not sure what you could do with going to the museum twice in two days. I think it would take about an hour or two maximum to go through everything and read every word. If you've been homeskooled by fundies though the reading could take days....

There's a creation museum in Toronto? as in Ontario? Do tell. I can't get to the Ken Hamm one, but I'd drive into the city to have a giggle.

There's a creation museum in Toronto? as in Ontario? Do tell. I can't get to the Ken Hamm one, but I'd drive into the city to have a giggle.

Sorry, my wording was bad though. I meant that the only museum I had ever been to that seemed worse was a Natural History museum in Canada... it wasn't a creationist museum though! I cannot recall the name of it (not the Royal Ontario). I should have worded things differently. ANyhoo, at least that museum didn't make sh*t up.

I'm going to try to go next time I'm in town since my Dad lives off the exit it's on. I know my husband will be like "WTF?!", but I am curious.

I heard that they will kick you out or tell you to be quiet if you start to openly disagree with the exhibits. Not really so much a museum as an "indoctrination compound".

Archived