IGNORED

Profanity is rude and disrespectful

dairyfreelife

But some people are fucking idiots...

Apparently, her village is missing theirs. Send out the fucking hounds!

Chocolate milk hurts when it's snorted through one's nose...

True, that is a bad example. But, I have had one too many beers or not enough to come up with a better example.

*Note* The beer is polygamy porter. You cant have just one. :obscene-drinkingbuddies:

Shit, man. My dad was in the Navy, my grandpa was in the Navy, my brother-in-law is in the Navy, half my bf's family is in the Navy or was at some point, oh and I live next door to Norfolk, VA so this whole corner of the state is goddamn Navy Central.

You bet your sweet ass if you get all tight-assed about swearing you're just asking to be told to suck a bag of dicks and/or to go fuck yourself.

:lol: So true. My bf's an ex marine and he curses a lot...mostly about his work. I joke he has a sailor's mouth. He doesn't lack consideration for others...well, at least for most people. ;)

Another classic clip. Even with the bleeps, it's obvious what's being said. I wonder what Blogger Girl would think of the kid?

My workplace is not for pearl clutchers. I've heard the CEO use profanity on company calls. I've heard profanity taken to an art form by a former boss who argued on speaker phone with a business partner who was of equal proficiency with profanity. My boss, who is a Senior VP, drops the f bomb on a regular basis (yet, is one of the most good hearted people I know).

I've always wondered how certain words became supposedly offensive. My step dad for example, would find "sucks" offensive. Yet my mom wasnt bothered by that word.

Off to amazon to see if there is a book on the history of profanity...

Sometimes everything in my day seems to go wrong and I just look up at the sky and yell, "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKK!' and everything is all better. I feel bad for people who don't know how good this feels. Unfortunately, my youngest did that a couple of times, but it's an established rule in my house now that you can't swear until you're 18. I wonder if it's a bad thing that my daughter told me that she is eagerly awaiting the day when she can say bad words.

Well I just wasted a ridiculous amount of time responding to that silly survey. Why do I keep on thinking I can change these peoples minds with reason and facts and stuff? I have to admit, even though I don't really swear that much, I was tempted to use as much profanity as possible, but instead I went with the "subtly implying [blogger] is whiny and immature and needs to put on her big girl panties stat", which is probably pointless because I doubt subtlety is her strong suit.

Excessive swearing makes me cringe, sure*, but not half as much as excessive idiocy.

*Totally my problem, BTW, and I would never expect anyone else to change their language to suit my fickle whims.

The survey gives you the following: True. False. Other. I selected the 'Other' option in this quiz and wrote in my own choice words. :twisted:

I don't even think mine made any sense but I was laughing so hard typing the responses out. I don't think the blogger will be sharing those results.

Quite coincidentally, my 12 yr old and I had a conversation about swearing earlier today. She was referring to a very good friend of hers (also 12), that apparently swears all the time (her mother just laughs, I am told). My DD's comment was that her friend "is too smart to speak in such a way as to sound so unintelligent". :D

As for myself, I try my best not to swear within hearing of my daughters. When my middle one was about 3, I realized I might be swearing a bit too much when I jammed my toe and hissed "Jeeeesus..." only to have her pipe up happily "Christ!" :oops:

My dad was a Navy diver and my adopted grandfather was a sailor. Shit, I think my grandma has a dirtier mouth than I do. She still does this to this day, but I still have fond memories of her in the kitchen as a child: "Fuck! Dropped the motherfucking [insert dropped item here] Goddammit! Assed Dickbag!" Ahhhh, good times.

Just because this classic has to be posted and I don't think it has unless I missed it:

kgZZ82tp5es

Well, I think this would just make her head asplode:

1jRhgNp-fNc

:scared-whoa::scared-shocked::scared-eek: :angry-steamingears: :violence-bomb:

That was great!

Oooh, I can't believe I didn't realize everybody is sharing videos!

7Bv7WIygitU

This is pretty much my go-to song when I'm really frustrated with the fundies. :D

I used to fuck a idiot.

I'm Scottish, of course I swear a fucking shitload ;)

Not at work, apart from saying "bollocks" or "shit" or "fuck this for a game of cards" which I reckon don't count.

I used to work in an office where the boss was a very conservative (and posh) Christian. Real corporate type too. And there was one woman there who didn't always remember to adjust her swearing to take into account his preferences.

So we were in a full team meeting and it went like this:

Boss: Susie, remind me again where we're holding the end year reports on the system?

Susie: Ah've no' got a fuckin clue.

Boss *visibly taken aback and in cut glass accent*: Then, I suggest you, ahem, get a...fucking clue. And if this...fucking clue could be got by next Tuesday, it would be greatly appreciated.

It was so funny. I honestly think that was the first time he'd ever said fuck in his life.

I'm Scottish, of course I swear a fucking shitload ;)

Not at work, apart from saying "bollocks" or "shit" or "fuck this for a game of cards" which I reckon don't count.

I used to work in an office where the boss was a very conservative (and posh) Christian. Real corporate type too. And there was one woman there who didn't always remember to adjust her swearing to take into account his preferences.

So we were in a full team meeting and it went like this:

Boss: Susie, remind me again where we're holding the end year reports on the system?

Susie: Ah've no' got a fuckin clue.

Boss *visibly taken aback and in cut glass accent*: Then, I suggest you, ahem, get a...fucking clue. And if this...fucking clue could be got by next Tuesday, it would be greatly appreciated.

It was so funny. I honestly think that was the first time he'd ever said fuck in his life.

My already quite impressive swearing skills were taken to the next level when I studied in Stirling. "Ye fuckin' fanny!" and "bollocks" being among my favorites.

My dad taught me to flip people off at the age of five, so I wouldn't do it inadvertently. Of course, you teach a five year old something and then tell them not to do it because it's naughty, that five year old then spends the next six weeks flipping her nursery school teachers off behind their backs. Teehee.

When my middle one was about 3, I realized I might be swearing a bit too much when I jammed my toe and hissed "Jeeeesus..." only to have her pipe up happily "Christ!" :oops:

The EXACT SAME THING happened to me when my daughter was little! I dropped something and muttered, "Jesus"--and she intoned, "Chwist." :lol:

The EXACT SAME THING happened to me when my daughter was little! I dropped something and muttered, "Jesus"--and she intoned, "Chwist." :lol:

9ZNUlsD9GYc

I happened upon a Christian radio station once, and they were ranting about something political (because that's so relevant to religion :roll: ), and they were calling the other side "Bozos." And I thought, this is dumb. You can't claim a moral high ground because you're not cussing, but then call the other side names, no matter how outdated the insult is. You're doing the exact same thing as calling them "assholes" argument-wise, and you're showing them the same amount of respect. I think there are times to be respectful, but it requires more than just avoiding a specific list of words. And if you're not going to show respect, you should own it.

I have a right to swear just as much as you have a right to pray. It's all protected speech. While I certainly appreciate your dislike of swearing - and I agree that this is a time and place when it is not appropriate - we all need to realize that this is the very speech that needs to be protected. The first amendment wasn't to protect Sally from telling Jenny that the river is overflowing. It was designed to protect people who say things others don't want to hear.

"I don't agree with a word you say but I will fight to the death your right to say it" These words are very near and dear to me - as they should be to you. These words mean that yes, people can swear and people can lie, but they also mean that people can pray and people can stand in the street and sing "Jesus loves me" all they want.

Please, instead of wanting to amendment the constitution by destroying the first amendment - the very same amendment that gives you the freedom to have this very blog in which you praise Jesus - I implore you listen to the words of John13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

Very well said!

Years ago I was at work and the girl working with me was one of the most appropriate, never cursed/drank/etc, good girl types ever. We worked as in-home therapists for autistic children and we had a playroom set up in the basement. Another coworker showed up and was ringing the doorbell (upstairs). We were busy and knew she had a key, so we didn't answer it. She kept ringing and knocking until finally, the good girl I was working with muttered "Just open the FUCKING door!" Her eyes got huge and she actually covered her mouth and I just laughed my ass off. To this day I'm still the only person that's ever heard her say "fuck." :lol:

I had a college classmate who was a devout, born-again Christian.

We once had a conversation in which he told me, with a twinkle in his eye, that he had no problem with the word "fuck," other than feeling like it was wishing something nice on someone! Since sex is a pleasant thing, he didn't think it was all that effective as a way of showing anger to say "Fuck you."

From his point of view, "God damn you" was much crueler and more shocking.

Well, yes, I do have a pretty decently sized vocabulary, but sometimes fuck is the only word that adequately expresses one's feelings.

I swear like a fucking sailor, although I try very hard to recognize that there are places and/or people in front of which it is inappropriate, and code switch accordingly (not always successful at that).

I join the :clap: for FaeT in saying "It's all motherfucking protected speech, asshole."

Oh for the fuck of shit. I actually don't swear that much, but sometimes you just need to say "fuck."

I am totally stealing this and working it into my swears vocabulary. Thanks!