IGNORED

Profanity is rude and disrespectful

dairyfreelife
In my opinion it's more a sign of stunted emotional growth, a lack of consideration for others, and a severely restricted vocabulary.

:roll:

acts17verse28.blogspot.com/2012/06/too-bad-law-is-needed-for-courtesy-and.html

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FaeT

• thoughtful

• StarrieEyedKat

• Hane

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck that bullshit :lol:

I want to see the survey results! A comment excerpt: I think I would be heartbroken if all of the jokes in my mind were wiped out. :(

Mrs. O'Leary made an appointment for a doctor visit and the receptionist asked her to bring a specimen. She was embarrassed to admit to the receptionist that she didn't k

Fuck that bullshit :lol:

• Upvote 1
Arete

That blogger neads to get her head out of her ass.

Edited because I was finally able to view the blog and determine the blogger's gender.

Edited several more times because I kept fucking up documenting the edits.

celestial

Sometimes "fuck" is just the most suited word for the occasion. There are also other occasions when "fiddlesticks" might be more appropriate. Most adults are able to draw that line for themselves without any problems. If this blogger has problems with people swearing around her when she'd rather they didn't, she should act like an adult and a) move or b) politely say something rather than passive-aggressively blogging about it on the internet. And did she seriously just propose adding an amendment to the Constitution to ban swearing?

doggie

"I'd certainly love to see an additional amendment which grants me the right to protect my ears from a constant barrage of vulgarity. But maybe I'm just a cranky old lady."

Well I would like to see one that would protect me from the barrage of people trying to save me.

Rowan
"I'd certainly love to see an additional amendment which grants me the right to protect my ears from a constant barrage of vulgarity. But maybe I'm just a cranky old lady."

Well I would like to see one that would protect me from the barrage of people trying to save me.

Hell yeah! Those douchecanoes can just kiss my ass. :lol:

anniebgood

My momma heard me say "Fuck a Duck, look at that asshole drive" the other day and she said, you know, you're right.

So take that!!!!!

I'm a long time lurker and have finally decided to create an account just for this. (Apparently keeping up with Smuggers instagram wasn't enough lol)

I posted a comment on her blog which I'm sure she won't approve. (I love how all the fundies have blogs and then censor their comments so it looks like everyone loves them and agrees with them)

So here it is:

I have a right to swear just as much as you have a right to pray. It's all protected speech. While I certainly appreciate your dislike of swearing - and I agree that this is a time and place when it is not appropriate - we all need to realize that this is the very speech that needs to be protected. The first amendment wasn't to protect Sally from telling Jenny that the river is overflowing. It was designed to protect people who say things others don't want to hear.

"I don't agree with a word you say but I will fight to the death your right to say it" These words are very near and dear to me - as they should be to you. These words mean that yes, people can swear and people can lie, but they also mean that people can pray and people can stand in the street and sing "Jesus loves me" all they want.

Please, instead of wanting to amendment the constitution by destroying the first amendment - the very same amendment that gives you the freedom to have this very blog in which you praise Jesus - I implore you listen to the words of John13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

pixydust
I'm a long time lurker and have finally decided to create an account just for this. (Apparently keeping up with Smuggers instagram wasn't enough lol)

I posted a comment on her blog which I'm sure she won't approve. (I love how all the fundies have blogs and then censor their comments so it looks like everyone loves them and agrees with them)

So here it is:

I have a right to swear just as much as you have a right to pray. It's all protected speech. While I certainly appreciate your dislike of swearing - and I agree that this is a time and place when it is not appropriate - we all need to realize that this is the very speech that needs to be protected. The first amendment wasn't to protect Sally from telling Jenny that the river is overflowing. It was designed to protect people who say things others don't want to hear.

"I don't agree with a word you say but I will fight to the death your right to say it" These words are very near and dear to me - as they should be to you. These words mean that yes, people can swear and people can lie, but they also mean that people can pray and people can stand in the street and sing "Jesus loves me" all they want.

Please, instead of wanting to amendment the constitution by destroying the first amendment - the very same amendment that gives you the freedom to have this very blog in which you praise Jesus - I implore you listen to the words of John13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

FaeT, I think I might love you! and welcome

So here it is:

That was very eloquent. In other words, how dare you persecute her.

I know people with language degrees who swear like fucking sailors. I've read excellent writers whose work is full of profanity. All of these people have far more extensive vocabularies than the blogger's, and not just because they include swear words. Swearing isn't a sign of anything besides possibly being a subversive badass. Being offended by swear words, however, is a sign of being a wimpy whiny prudish busy body.

Thank you! It's been a while since I've been part of a message forum. I figured I spend enough time lurking here I might as well join in (-:

And it's up! I'm surprised she approved it. I purposely tried to be as nice as possible to get it up there in hopes someone would see it and realize the stupidity of having a law against swearing. Seriously. WTF

I swear all the time. I do curtail it around my children since they're only toddlers, but I still swear all the time. And I do have a rather extensive vocabulary. Swearing does not denote a lack of education. TkNg ilk diS duz

muffynbear

Fuck that shit. I swear every day. It's second nature to me, dammit!

Guys, there's a survey in that blog entry! :happy-jumpyellow:

pixydust
Guys, there's a survey in that blog entry! :happy-jumpyellow:

Squee! and FJers love a survey! * scurries off to partake in said survey*

I've met people who frequently resort to swearing because their vocabulary and ability to express themselves is severely stunted. I also know of a lot of people who fall back on conversative Christian vocab and buzzwords for the same exact reason.

In the end, it's all the same shit.

synchroswimr

Squee! and FJers love a survey! * scurries off to partake in said survey*

Ummm... Wow. What an ... Insightful survey. Very... nuanced. [/sarcasm]