IGNORED

Meredith update!

SweetTexasCrude

She does look good, and really happy. She hit the SAHD marriage jackpot with Rhodes Scholar Hammer. I still am creeped out by a Princeton valedictorian who would troll fundieblogosphere for a helpmeet, but , oh well. Now every fundie blogging maiden is going to be disappointed with the much more typical GED homeschool ""entrepreneur" or "family businessman".

The only good thing @his deployment is that it reduces the # of spawn (maybe).

The only good thing @his deployment is that it reduces the # of spawn (maybe).

It's interesting to compare Meredith to Kelly Bradrick -- they're both beautiful fundie prize women. Kelly's husband plays soldier, Meredith's is one. Kelly is constantly pregnant, it looks like Meredith is just enjoying baby Maggie and isn't incubating #2 yet. I wonder if Kelly thought she was signing up for a life like Meredith's instead of what she got.

Cute baby! She seems to take more after Meredith than Stephen in the ears department ;). Agreed that the deployment, while tough on a young marriage, should help space kids out so that family life will be a little less overwhelming. I still hold out hope that they'll eventually ditch the dangerous QF mindset -- check out the testimonial of Meredith's mother, Joy, for some serious "let God decide" horror stories (alexanderadventures.com/gpage9.html under the "Family Size" heading), at least some of which Meredith must have been privy to while growing up.

They're wearing shorts and tank tops (Meredith and Sheridan). My how things have changed. We may have normal people here.

Meredith has always dressed with more style and less frump than most fundie maidens. She has pretensions of Jackie Kennedy class, but you will never see her in a potato sack frumper with three shirts and bloomers.

No, but in her blog days she was mostly skirts and covered arms. Never shorts. I guess she adjusted to Steve's standards.

Hrm, is feedjit traffic tracker thing on their blog new, or am I just now noticing it? Apparently FreeJinger generates a lot of traffic, and we have an inordinate love for Firefox. Kinda cool/creepy how that works. (Also, high-five to whoever the Kansas user is that's checking out the blog on Linux!)

Guest Anonymous
Also, high-five to whoever the Kansas user is that's checking out the blog on Linux!

One of the Maxwell boys checking out some bare flesh on a secret computer in the one ton ramp basement office... ;)

Cute baby! She seems to take more after Meredith than Stephen in the ears department ;). Agreed that the deployment, while tough on a young marriage, should help space kids out so that family life will be a little less overwhelming. I still hold out hope that they'll eventually ditch the dangerous QF mindset -- check out the testimonial of Meredith's mother, Joy, for some serious "let God decide" horror stories (alexanderadventures.com/gpage9.html under the "Family Size" heading), at least some of which Meredith must have been privy to while growing up.

I just read that. That nearly made me cry. I could not imagine having so many miscarriages. :(

I just read that. That nearly made me cry. I could not imagine having so many miscarriages. :(

Definitely. I think Joy was getting on in years, reproductively speaking, by the time she and her husband drank the QF kool-aid (after a Gothard seminar, natch), so that probably accounts--at least in part--for the high number of miscarriages and other difficulties, which she did not seem to have in her earlier years. In that sense, I think many late-blooming QFers are setting themselves up for years of heartbreak and health issues. But while it's certainly a woman's prerogative to "keep trying" against great odds, some of Joy's reproductive decisions bordered on the lunatic. How can you not let a doctor remove a potentially lethal, non-viable tubal pregnancy when you have several other children at home who need you? WTF?

ETA pertinent details.

I see Meredith is at Fort Benning. I refer to that statue as the "Let's go, faggots!" statue, although the title of the statue is "Follow Me".

Archived