There are articles out there that give you ideas for things to do on your staycation. The vast majority of them require effort...and leaving my couch.
Not the first time I've felt like an outlier in life - but ffs if I wanted to do stuff I'd go to work.
But I do like to plan and am a list making kind of girl so here is my to do list for day one of my staycation:
- Strawberry pancakes for breakfast
- Coffee out of my favorite Hello Kitty cup - not gulped out of a travel mug
- Catch up on FJ - I have no idea what's going on here anymore? Did you defeat fundamentalism? Did we convert to fundamentalism? Did the Arndts switch from softball to yoga? Did Steve Maxwell give the okay on contrasting buttons? I feel like I've been in an information deprivation chamber
- Hot bath, favorite bath salts, and Netflix
- Pajamas - all day. No underwires, no shoes.
- Rap along, LOUDLY, to my favorite Epic Rap Battles once I have the house to myself. Complete with battle rap gestures.
- Squee over @Destiny's new kitty
- Paint my toenails hot pink
In this case that woman is me.
- Eat cupcakes
- Drink pop - grape or strawberry or orange...sickly sweet nectar of the Gods.
- Binge hate-watch Top Chef
I do have some stuff I want to do over the course of the week - but for the most part if I don't look like this by the time I go back to work next week I'll have failed at staycation.