IGNORED

Jill Duggar is Now a Lay Midwife

roddma

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm glad she gets to have some sort of a career type of thing before she is married off...although I really wish she could become a Registered Nurse instead because I think she would make a good nurse, but then of course becoming a nurse would involve college, so..

Did she assist in any of Michelle's childbirths? Maybe this is no big deal but to me it seemed somewhat creepy to have to help in your moms childbirth..maybe I'm being silly, but I wouldn't want to do that, personally. I mean helping out with things during pregnancy- checking heart rate, figuring out nutrition planning, etc is one thing...but poor Jill shouldn't have to look up her mom's overly-used privates. I wouldn't want to do that.

Did she assist in any of Michelle's childbirths? Maybe this is no big deal but to me it seemed somewhat creepy to have to help in your moms childbirth..maybe I'm being silly, but I wouldn't want to do that, personally. I mean helping out with things during pregnancy- checking heart rate, figuring out nutrition planning, etc is one thing...but poor Jill shouldn't have to look up her mom's overly-used privates. I wouldn't want to do that.

I didn't exactly "assist" at the birth of my sibling but I was there. Well, I fetched things and cut the cord. It's not creepy or weird at all...personal choice, I was old enough to want to be there, Mum was nice enough to agree because she didn't mind. I went in and out of the room during labour when I wished but was there for the actual moment of birth and I wouldn't trade it for anything. For me, I don't really remember her "privates" and I think things are different during a birth anyway, it looks different, lots of people see it and don't generally make the mental connection I think. I suppose I didn't HAVE to help though, which other fundie kids might have to, and that might be a difference. Also I might not do it now I'm older, I was pre-pubescent at the time. Anyway, it's not necessarily creepy.

Yeah shes still an apprentice, and I daresay will be as far as she will ever go, and will just be like that Teresa Fedosky woman and be a Doula like she was to Anna etc.

Lay Midwife Apprentices

June 8, 2012

Duggar, Jill

(redacted)

LMW Supervisor: Venessa Giron

Permit expires 8/31/2013

Fedosky, Teresa

(redacted)

LMW Supv: Venessa Giron

Permit Expires 8/31/2014

OH Just googling the supervisor, and came across her facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Mommys ... 0851151697

and theres a couple of pics of Jill:

529186_415035438539569_1870257055_n.jpg

17 hours ago

Welcome Baby Abigail!! So glad to finally see you! Praise God for a Healthy mama ! Healthy baby!

526074_378517808857999_173498345_n.jpg

A Mommy's Butterfly Midwifery

3 May

Welcome Ethan Emmerson! Praise the Lord for a beautiful experience!

301763_359790684064045_1188331601_n.jpg

6 April

Welcome to the world Gideon Alexander! Born at 5:02 this morning minutes after birth team arrived:)

Yeah shes still an apprentice, and I daresay will be as far as she will ever go, and will just be like that Teresa Fedosky woman and be a Doula like she was to Anna etc.

I didn't paste that here because of the phone number. But...now that it's here, somebody PLEASE call it.

well figured since it was online... but I don't want anyone to spam them or anything...

How good does she look in scrubs. I mean, not to look at, but the fact that she's out of the house doing something!

I didn't paste that here because of the phone number. But...now that it's here, somebody PLEASE call it.

I just did...don't normally do something like that but I didn't think it would work...and it didn't. But might have been my fault with the country codes. I'm not trying again.

How good does she look in scrubs. I mean, not to look at, but the fact that she's out of the house doing something!

Agree. She looks genuinely happy.

Guest Anonymous

You need to remove those personal details and quit inciting people to make harassing telephone calls. It is against the rules here. Alecto gets enough shit to deal with already.

*Puts on Mod hat*

Please don't post personal details and incitement to harassment can give the admit a whole host of legal issues they don't need. I'm not issuing warnings this time, but if it happens again I'll have to get all modly on you.

*takes Mod hat off*

Carry on.

yeah no idea what a Mommy's Butterfly is... gives her wings to help her birth? *shrugs* Seems like an odd and awkward name.

PS; Sorry about posting the number, I didn't think anyone would be silly enough to like spam or actually call them! Its like the trolling on smuggars instagram, I personally don't like it. Its one thing to snark here, but another to just go all wise-ass on them IRL, just makes us look bad and ruins any real good points we are trying to make!

ugh. because that's exactly what the world needs- a semi-famous dilettante working as a "midwife"- way to set back the reputation of midwifery everywhere, duggars! . We'll never get real, qualified midwives given the respect they deserve by OBs and hospitals when Jill Duggar can call herself a midwife.

I want to hope that she will use this as a springboard into something like a nursing degree and CNM certification, but I doubt JB and/or whomever Jill is married off to would allow it.

And WTF @ "Mommy's Butterfly." What a cheesetastic name.

ugh. because that's exactly what the world needs- a semi-famous dilettante working as a "midwife"- way to set back the reputation of midwifery everywhere, duggars! . We'll never get real, qualified midwives given the respect they deserve by OBs and hospitals when Jill Duggar can call herself a midwife.

We don't know that she's approaching it as a dilettante.

It looks to me like she's taken the only approved path to an approved profession that her family will allow. She hasn't been equipped with the education or self confidence to go off to college and study nursing, but she is able to do this, and as far as we know she's taking it seriously - those pics are from her supervisor's Facebook, not from the show or a Duggar press release.

I don't see that she will necessarily set back the reputation of midwives and I applaud her for pursuing a real career when everyone around her is telling her she doesn't need one. There is no reason why Jill Duggar shouldn't be able to qualify as a midwife and call herself a midwife. She is doing it through the legitimate channels for her state, and her surname and religious background should not prevent her from being what she wants to be.

We don't know that she's approaching it as a dilettante.

It looks to me like she's taken the only approved path to an approved profession that her family will allow. She hasn't been equipped with the education or self confidence to go off to college and study nursing, but she is able to do this, and as far as we know she's taking it seriously - those pics are from her supervisor's Facebook, not from the show or a Duggar press release.

I don't see that she will necessarily set back the reputation of midwives and I applaud her for pursuing a real career when everyone around her is telling her she doesn't need one. There is no reason why Jill Duggar shouldn't be able to qualify as a midwife and call herself a midwife. She is doing it through the legitimate channels for her state, and her surname and religious background should not prevent her from being what she wants to be.

I completely agree.

I agree, and she's absolutely beaming. Who knows? Maybe this will lead her to her independence. Free Jill!

What on earth does 'a mommy's butterfly' even mean?

Someone that flitters around looking pretty while the mom gives birth? I have no clue.

Mommy's Butterfly makes me giggle, my friend was raised being told to call her genitalia a butterfly. Seems fitting in this case. So is Jill also working as a doula? Some of those are photos in hospitals, or did the Mom's transfer I wonder, can't imagine a lay midwife working in a hospital. I also hope that one day this will lead to her getting a real, solid education.

I think it's just sad that people assume that these girls are so ill educated that they could never catch up and be successful in college if they ever chose to leave. None of the Duggar kids strike me as so profoundly stupid that they couldn't learn if given a real shot at a good education. Even Josh could have made something more of himself if he hadn't been so heavily indoctrinated into his parents whackadoodle overly legalistic version of Christianity. My hope is that some of the kids can get away and that the glimpses of a different lifestyle that they've seen through TLC will plant some seeds of rebellion in those kids, and honestly I wouldn't even call it rebellion more like self preservation and an independant spirit.

I would love to see this open doors for Jill to go on and get a real education. Wouldn't it be awesome to see her get out and reach her full potential and become an OB/GYN instead of just a lay midwife.

Mommy's Butterfly makes me giggle, my friend was raised being told to call her genitalia a butterfly. Seems fitting in this case. So is Jill also working as a doula? Some of those are photos in hospitals, or did the Mom's transfer I wonder, can't imagine a lay midwife working in a hospital. I also hope that one day this will lead to her getting a real, solid education.

Reminds me of a Say Yes To the Dress episode where a bride who was at least in her late 50's was going to wear a pink-tinted Pnina Tornai stripper-fairy dress, the kind with the corset with see-through panels. As she was trying it on, her friend warned her that her "butterfly" was showing.

I'd love to see her become a full CNM. Being a midwife means she has a useful skill and a means to support herself if she does manage to break away, and the more education she can get the better on that front.

Archived