emesbe

It's weird as hell that the whole family spend the evening bawling after their eldest got married, but a marriage really is devastating to them. As evidenced in this post, even their traditional Incest Pair groupings for family snaps have been disrupted: titus2.com/blog/index.php/2012/07/11/a-little-bit-of-this-and-that/

Heh. I noticed that too!

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The way they add their replies as edits to the comments, and what I assume is their edits of people's names (Rebecca K; the L family - no one ever has a surname) has always bothered me a little. But the fact that they are actually editing people's words is kind of creepy.

EXACTLY.

They remove the last names because it makes it impossible for people to essentially "meet" (i.e. discover each other's existence) in the Maxwell Comments and then contact each other and form some sort of relationship elsewhere. They used to be open about the fact they did this, back on their boards they did the same thing. They WILL NOT allow any way for people contacting them to contact each other.

Of course people here have found the identity of plenty of those people by some judicious googling, including the K!! family, the Muncks, etc, so he surely must realize how futile this is. But the fact that he WANTS to is just creepy.

I have no problem with people valuing their own anonymity and posting under pseudonyms. It's the smart thing to do, and many internet old timers do it. But the entire point of a consistent pseudonym is so that other people can find your other presences (if any) under that same pseudonym and contact you if they think you might have a shared interest. It's the fact that Steve-O is doing the editing that just irks me - but I guess it's his blog, his rules. We're still free to point out he's a pompous ass, however :)

It will be interesting to see if the whole family went or just Mom and Dad with the baby like last month. Mz. 'Lizabeth must be getting experienced taking care of the brood alone.

The whole family went. Ma Munck posted about the conference on the blog (with mention of the MOTH tea two years ago).

Good gracious. A Friggin' Baby conference? A week long "triumph of live over a culture of death". Do they think we non-fundies are just out there killing babies? What on earth could they even discuss for more than a few hours? How many anti-abortion lectures can one person listen to especially when they are just telling you what you've already heard and probably what you've said to others.

I'm changing the cliche to "A fundy and his money are easily parted".

Good gracious. A Friggin' Baby conference? A week long "triumph of live over a culture of death". Do they think we non-fundies are just out there killing babies? What on earth could they even discuss for more than a few hours? How many anti-abortion lectures can one person listen to especially when they are just telling you what you've already heard and probably what you've said to others.

I'm changing the cliche to "A fundy and his money are easily parted".

Yes. Yes, they do. I met up with a cousin online a few years ago (Our grandmothers are/were sisters) and she was talking to me about this paper she was writing. We come from a very catholic background and she was writing a paper on why abortion is wrong. Of course. She said something about being pro-life and how she was writing it from that prospective. Anyhow, when I made the comment that I was, too. was pro-life but also pro-choice, she asked how that was possible. "pro-choice doesn't mean pro-death ya know" She was a twenty year old college student and seriously didn't get it. That's what's so dangerous about the pro-life movement. If you aren't pro-life, then you are obviously anti-life. But we aren't!! That's why it needs to be called the anti-choice movement. If you aren't anti-choice then you're pro-choice. Voila! Problem solved! But no one will do that because then the fundies and the media lose their foothold, their drama. It such bullshit. And people are being hurt because of it.

As far as what they talk about, I'm sure it's plenty of stories like Michelle's story of Jubliee. A bunch of women go on stage and talk about how their babies were born right around the cut off date and either lived and grew up or lived only a short while or died but at least given a chance. And then a few doctors who used to preform abortions come up to give their "testimony" of how they got saved and how they now encourage women to NOT get abortions. And then a few adoption stories of babies that otherwise would have been aborted had the adoptive family not come forward. (Or is this a gothard event?) And then of course they have a bunch of people who step up with their "I'm so happy my mom choose life" and "The doctors wanted to abort me but my mom said no". And finally, the women who went into the abortion clinic and either walked out missing their soul/heart/whatever and the women who went in and walked out without having it done. Drag that out long enough and you can easily pull three days.

PS: so we have fundies autocorrecting to "fun dies" and gothard autocorrecting to "got hard" .. I love you Mac.

EXACTLY.

They remove the last names because it makes it impossible for people to essentially "meet" (i.e. discover each other's existence) in the Maxwell Comments and then contact each other and form some sort of relationship elsewhere. They used to be open about the fact they did this, back on their boards they did the same thing. They WILL NOT allow any way for people contacting them to contact each other.

Of course people here have found the identity of plenty of those people by some judicious googling, including the K!! family, the Muncks, etc, so he surely must realize how futile this is. But the fact that he WANTS to is just creepy.

I have no problem with people valuing their own anonymity and posting under pseudonyms. It's the smart thing to do, and many internet old timers do it. But the entire point of a consistent pseudonym is so that other people can find your other presences (if any) under that same pseudonym and contact you if they think you might have a shared interest. It's the fact that Steve-O is doing the editing that just irks me - but I guess it's his blog, his rules. We're still free to point out he's a pompous ass, however :)

Ah! It makes perfect sense now. Any indication as to the identities of other posters could lead people to read the blogs of other commenters, which could take away valuable time they might otherwise use to read about the Maxwell's [sic] perfect, godly way of life and being influenced to buy Maxwell products.

And as for everything you said in your other post, amen. You said everything I wanted to but couldn't articulate beyond "it's creepy". :)

The Baby Conference

A Historic Family Summit on the

Triumph of Life Over the Culture of Death

In 2010, as the focus of much media attention centers on the victory of selfishness and the defeat of the biblical family through the introduction of “the pill†fifty years ago, Vision Forum Ministries is committed to defending and celebrating life — in particular, the blessing of children and their role in building healthy cultures and vibrant households.

Join us July 8-10 for The Baby Conference: A Historic Family Summit on the Triumph of Life over the Culture of Death. As the world lauds barrenness for economic and personal convenience and marginalizes the value of our aging populace, we purpose to celebrate life and to explore a myriad of practical and theological issues that are pertinent to Christian families of the twenty-first century, such as: adoption, home birth, the coming cry for euthanasia on the horizon as our elderly generation increases, and the many blessings that come from raising children in the fear of the Lord.

This has gotten so off topic! But, OMG why am I surprised that they are making it sound like our "liberal agenda" is to kill old people and sterilize everyone who is young enough to conceive? Biblical family? Are they kidding? The Pill saved women from dying in childbirth and giving them the opportunity to focus their energies on the children they could afford to support and feed. They are soooooo pro-life. But, I bet these are the d-bags who were applauding the idea of just letting uninsured people drop dead for the sin of having no money. At least they aren't humungous hypocrites about adoption, like the Gothard idiots (although they seem to have a crossover as they are honoring Michelle).

The Muncks paid real money to go to this conference and mingle with the other blowhards. Now, they are giving their daughter to a family that will treat her like a womb who can clean house.

I have some babies and old people to go kill so I must be off. A liberal's work is never done.

The Baby Conference

A Historic Family Summit on the

Triumph of Life Over the Culture of Death Fun

Fixed that for them.

OMG why am I surprised that they are making it sound like our "liberal agenda" is to kill old people and sterilize everyone who is young enough to conceive?

Wait, you mean it isn't? UGH, I always miss the memos.

Fixed that for them.

Wait, you mean it isn't? UGH, I always miss the memos.

Well, if you came to the meetings you'd be better informed!!!

What's the point of a Liberal Cabal if people don't actually attend the scheduled events. We'll be having a anti-baby rally followed by drinks made with the evil demon rum and a marshmallow roast on the 22nd. Free admission to all G-dless liberals!

What's the point of a Liberal Cabal if people don't actually attend the scheduled events. We'll be having a anti-baby rally followed by drinks made with the evil demon rum and a marshmallow roast on the 22nd. Free admission to all G-dless liberals!

And there will be dancing. And streaking (assuming proper intoxication). And there will be a tattoo artist on hand, but you will need to bring money for that because it's his home business and his farm isn't doing so well.

And there will be dancing. And streaking (assuming proper intoxication). And there will be a tattoo artist on hand, but you will need to bring money for that because it's his home business and his farm isn't doing so well.

Does this also involve the gay agenda? Will there be rainbow toasters? Can I marry mine? Will kettle-marriage also be allowed? Will there be recreational abortions, and Candian indoor pools? Does it involve an orgy? And bacon cupcakes? Will there be cupcakes and bacon? Will St Alan Rickman and Colin Firth be there (at least in spirit, or on huge posters)? Are there going to be baby-sloths? Will this make baby Jesus cry, or only sniffle? Please, be more specific. My toaster and I will not attend, unless your rally involves all of the above. Sorry, but we're busy people/toasters. Also, is there going to be a dress-code? I can't decide between my pink polyester Titanic-coat that I bought for $3000, and my WW2 uniform and medals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does this also involve the gay agenda? Will there be rainbow toasters? Can I marry mine? Will kettle-marriage also be allowed? Will there be recreational abortions, and Candian indoor pools? Does it involve an orgy? And bacon cupcakes? Will there be cupcakes and bacon? Will St Alan Rickman and Colin Firth be there (at least in spirit, or on huge posters)? Are there going to be baby-sloths? Will this make baby Jesus cry, or only sniffle? Please, be more specific. My toaster and I will not attend, unless your rally involves all of the above. Sorry, but we're busy people/toasters. Also, is there going to be a dress-code? I can't decide between my pink polyester Titanic-coat that I bought for $3000, and my WW2 uniform and medals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LOLOLOL! OMG, I'm actually speechless, and that doesn't happen very often. Sooooo funny!

I've been a Christian my entire life and the idea that theology and home birthing have anything in common is beyond my comprehension. That looks to me like someone's personal opinion wrapped up in a fake argument. I keep hearing about the supposed move to euthanasia that's on it's way, but won't they have to change the law in about 49 states for that to happen? You can't cure stupid.

I've been watching random episodes of Penn and Teller's Bullshit. One episode is about how the disrespect of old people is bullshit. There is a man they interview who believes in Death with Dignity. His interview is extremely powerful.

http://youtu.be/9_aAMEHyPX8?t=19m

These people also don't care about women who need to end pregnancies or die. They would rather women die as martyrs, leaving hoards of children without a mother. J'chelle is a perfect example. They needed to end the pregnancy in order to save her life. Fortunately she was past viability, but what if she hadn't been? What if she had only been at 20 weeks? Most fundies would say to pray and whatever happens happens, but that's not okay. I can understand not wanting to end a wanted pregnancy, especially one so close to viability, but when you have other children at home - be it one of eighteen - you need to think of their needs first. Being a martyr for god isn't going to take away a child's pain of wanting and needing a mother.

Are you saying there's no aborted fetuses in the drinks?? Well, I guess I'm not coming then :( :cry: :cry:

WE will be serving 7 layer Gay Oreos too!!!

7 layer Gay Oreos? My toaster and I will be there!

I've been a Christian my entire life and the idea that theology and home birthing have anything in common is beyond my comprehension. That looks to me like someone's personal opinion wrapped up in a fake argument.

Well, that's pretty much Fundies in a nutshell!

You could rewrite that sentence as "I've been a Christian my entire life and the idea that theology and ____________ have anything in common is beyond my comprehension" with many things in the blank.

Well, that's pretty much Fundies in a nutshell!

You could rewrite that sentence as "I've been a Christian my entire life and the idea that theology and ____________ have anything in common is beyond my comprehension" with many things in the blank.

Exactly! They do this everything and it makes anyone else who wants/has those things seem fundie. If I want to have a big family and home birth and homeschool that doesn't make me a fundie. But anyone who hears that automatically assumes I am. I was thinking about this the other day and was thinking of writing up an essay about it, just to collect my thoughts on it. This whole thought process is so illogical and stupid.

WE will be serving 7 layer Gay Oreos too!!!

Someone seriously needs to make some seven layer rainbow gay oreos. I can't deal with these sweet sweet treats being dangles in front of me.

Archived