IGNORED

Warren Jeffs Offers Bizarre Edict to his FLDS Followers

The Guy is like the energizer bunny of fundies. even behind bars he is still a asshole. People are somewhat getting wise and leaving but there are fools that will still follow them. what a nasty self deluded worthless human.

http://www.mega949.com/cc-common/news/s ... e=10215304

A new revelation reportedly handed down by imprisoned polygamist leader Warren Jeffs names 15 men in the community as “fathers†to the children of the Fundamentalist LDS Church.

Author and private investigator Sam Brower says his sources claim the chosen 15 are the only ones who are now allowed to father FLDS children. He says the announcement prompted hundreds of FLDS faithful to walk out of the meeting where the edict was read.

Jeffs is now serving a life sentence in Texas child sexual assault, as a result of his role in underage marriages.

Read more: http://www.mega949.com/cc-common/news/s ... z1yXaYA08t

Thanks for posting this.

I would like to know how Warren Jeffs is allowed any contact with the outside world at this point. How many edicts has he issued since his arrest? I do realize if the FLDS snake's head is lopped off another head will grow, possibly a more poisonous one, but he is in custody!

Of course, I do not know why they are allowed to continue practicing a "faith" that is against the law. How many more women, children and lost boys will have to be harmed before our government does something? Surely they can at least get them on tax evasion or fraud. Why hasn't it happened yet? It is hardly a quiet, secluded group of people.

I'm glad people walked out of the meeting. Maybe they're staring to see that something isn't right? Didn't he do something some months ago (maybe a year or so ago even) that pissed off a lot of people and they began leaving too? Or is that just my imagination?

Slightly off topic note: Sam Brower's book Prophet's Prey is a good read if you're interested in the FLDS lifestyle.

I know they busted him on his phone usage and read his mail. But who knows this could have been a time delayed bomb. These towns are so corrupt that they could get away with this for so long drives me nuts.

Thanks for posting this.

I would like to know how Warren Jeffs is allowed any contact with the outside world at this point. How many edicts has he issued since his arrest? I do realize if the FLDS snake's head is lopped off another head will grow, possibly a more poisonous one, but he is in custody!

Of course, I do not know why they are allowed to continue practicing a "faith" that is against the law. How many more women, children and lost boys will have to be harmed before our government does something? Surely they can at least get them on tax evasion or fraud. Why hasn't it happened yet? It is hardly a quiet, secluded group of people.

This.

The comments on the article are hilarious. Also I'm a little disappointed this wasn't something a bit more zany like banning the colour red. Oh Warren Jeffs, your brand of crazy would be so entertaining if it wasn't so god damn scary and harmful to so many. I hope they eventually just stop listening to him and he becomes a useless old man left to languish in prison. But I highly doubt it at this rate. Or if they do they'll probably just end up following some other FLDS zealot like Blackmore.

This.

The comments on the article are hilarious. Also I'm a little disappointed this wasn't something a bit more zany like banning the colour red. Oh Warren Jeffs, your brand of crazy would be so entertaining if it wasn't so god damn scary and harmful to so many. I hope they eventually just stop listening to him and he becomes a useless old man left to languish in prison. But I highly doubt it at this rate. Or if they do they'll probably just end up following some other FLDS zealot like Blackmore.

Jeffs said no more wearing red, his followers did it. He got arrested riding in a RED car, but his flock stayed loyal. I think the FLDS set themselves up for such crazy, Jeffs has been allowed to get away with whatever for so long, why stop now?

Jeffs said no more wearing red, his followers did it. He got arrested riding in a RED car, but his flock stayed loyal. I think the FLDS set themselves up for such crazy, Jeffs has been allowed to get away with whatever for so long, why stop now?

To play the Devils Advocate, he said no wearing red - he didn't say anything about sitting in something that's red :p

Why did I think he was dead mmmmm I wonder. Was it the starvation thing he did awhile ago made me think this.

He is a crazy arse though.

Well, that explains the big walkout I heard about last week:

Investigator Sam Brower, who wrote a best-selling book called "Prophet's Prey," said relatives of faithful members also told him about the fifteen men edict.

"These men are now breeding stock, essentially. And it's their assignment to breed with the women in town," Brower said.

According to these 2nd- and 3rd-hand reports, the other men in the group will be just caretakers, earning a living for their wives, and for children fathered by others.

"The sex act itself is going to be a priesthood ordinance which is witnessed and carried out by these 15 men," Brower said.

"Just the way Warren works, it wouldn't surprise me if he was going to call the husband to be a witness, just because he's always testing people with these loyalty tests," Wyler said.

According to Brower's sources, FLDS members were told that if they had any reservations about the new edict, they should leave the meeting and await further discussion. At least 200 got up and left.

"I've still got brothers and sisters that are caught up in this thing. And they're buying this stuff. I can't imagine how, but they are," Wyler said.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2089921 ... featured-1

ICK ICK ICK ICK ICK. That's just sick and twisted. And, you know, it goes against the whole polygamy thing, where you're sealed for time and eternity to the same man. Granted, Jeffs and his father had been cancelling marriages for a long time and reassigning wives and families, but this is a huuuuuuge step up in the weirdness.

ETA: this is a priesthood ordinance, which will require at least two or three witnesses. I read Brower's book, and that was something Jeffs was obsessed with, having witnesses. It's actually because Warren's a first class pedophile perv and he's in the right place. Locked up.

To play the Devils Advocate, he said no wearing red - he didn't say anything about sitting in something that's red :p

I think he banned red in general, not just in clothing. Women were also banned form wearing pants but the wife he was with when he was arrested was wearing them ( and I'm pretty sure he had on shorts, which are probably a no-no for anyone who isn't Warren.) So basically the rules apply to everyone but him since God speak through/to him and all.

What a lunatic. It's interesting that " about 200 members left"... Not, you know, everybody?! To receive an order like that and to just accept it, no hesitations, is just mind boggling. Coincidentally I'm currently reading Elissa Wall's memoir (well, trying to, her writing style is kind of abysmal but I can't really blame her, it's just hard to get into), anyway I just read her account of her mother's remarriage and how they are told that God changed their DNA from that of their Bio father to that of the new husband. So, maybe this is to save God the trouble? ... I have no idea...

And what happens to pregnant women by men other than the Holy Fifteen? Do they (and their babies) count as proper families or are they grandfathered (pardon the pun) out?

I wonder who the fifteen lucky men are. Is old Merrill Jessop still up and kickin', I wonder?

I think he was kicked out.

Wouldn't issuing edicts that lead to excommunications eventually lead to there not being enough followers to enforce anything Jeffs says (not that this would be a bad thing by any means)?

Wouldn't issuing edicts that lead to excommunications eventually lead to there not being enough followers to enforce anything Jeffs says (not that this would be a bad thing by any means)?

That's what I'm hoping :lol:

It's bad enough to use a god as god. there is some regulation but when you appoint a man as god You get this thing. I think this is the biggest problem with the LDS appointing someone god. The founder was a wife stealer and pedophile so what to really expect?

I think he was kicked out.

I thought he was made head of the YFZ ranch and the sort of 'acting profit' while Warren was still pontificating from jail. Or at least that's what I read. But that was speculation and not confirmed because the FLDS don't really ever confirm anything.

I thought he was made head of the YFZ ranch and the sort of 'acting profit' while Warren was still pontificating from jail. Or at least that's what I read. But that was speculation and not confirmed because the FLDS don't really ever confirm anything.

According to Salon, he was kicked out last year

http://www.salon.com/2011/03/05/inside_ ... e_brewing/

Is anyone else reading this and going WTF with the level of inbreeding they've already got going on further limiting the gene pool is just a really bad idea. Maybe someone should clue them into the fact that a family tree that doesn't fork is a good way of insuring that eventually future generations will most likely be so genetically compromised that in all liklihood they'll be sterile. Inbreeding didn't work out too well for the royal families of Europe just ask the Hapsburgs I doubt it will work out any better for the FLDS. But limiting the gene pool to just fifteen potential fathers in group that is already inbred enough to produce something like fumerase deficiancy is just asking for trouble.

I looked at the title of this thread and thought, "well, yeah -- Jeffs might as well be running a business called:

EhjjK.jpg

He has wreaked so much havoc. I hope the entire group shakes themselves awake and gets away from his sickness forever.

They don't believe in DNA and its role in reproduction the way that sane people do. They also hide, abandon, or even flat-out kill children who are born with disabilities. It's the parents who sin who produce "unfit" children- not any sort of genetic component.

Archived