IGNORED

Picture of Duggar and Bontrager daughters at ATi conference

lilith

Have you seen the new "June 2012" album in their Picasa?

There are some pictures of Jana in (what I think) is the Journey of the Heart camp. I agree that she looks lovely.

In the same album, there are some pictures of Jinger and Jessa sitting on the middle of the road.. :roll:

And whoever takes this pictures loves to use artsy effects just as much as Smuggar.

picasaweb.google.com/101532170424444521371/June2012#

I think Jinger fancies herself a photographer. Starbucks cups sitting in the rain, not much better than Josh and his fast food.

I hate the sit-on-the-train-tracks-or-road and snap pictures idea, not just for the safety factor but because it looks stupid. Like the couch in the middle of the meadow. What's next, artsy underwater pictures? Pose in a coffin with your sunglasses? See how many people can fit on a horse?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's next, artsy underwater pictures? Pose in a coffin with your sunglasses? See how many people can fit on a horse?

I am now cleaning diet coke from my screen! :lol: :lol:

I think Jinger fancies herself a photographer. Starbucks cups sitting in the rain, not much better than Josh and his fast food.

I think she would love to be a photographer, but isn't getting any real encouragement. She photographed one fundie wedding I guess. But she will not be allowed to study photography in any real way, or even see a lot of different types of photography.

I think she would love to be a photographer, but isn't getting any real encouragement. She photographed one fundie wedding I guess. But she will not be allowed to study photography in any real way, or even see a lot of different types of photography.

I agree 100%. Sadly, the only "encouragement" she is getting, is receiving a lens mug for a Christmas present.

Doesn't the color of dress seem too bright for the Duggars?

I couldn't find that picture.

m I the only one who sees a startling resemblance between the Bontrager girls' concert dresses and the playclothes that Maria made for the VonTrapp family singers out of her bedroom curtains?

Ha, that's exactly what I was thinking! That fabric *might* be a good choice for little girl's dresses, but its a terrible one for adult women.

Doesn't the color of dress seem too bright for the Duggars?

They've been upping their game lately. The And Baby Makes 18! episode featured a shopping sequence with J'chelle picking out quite the extravagant pieces (a faux fur coat with bear ears, some black and pink nursery things, etc.)... I think Anna being a mother and the way she dresses her McKynzee (or however it's speshully spelled) has had some "liberating" influence on the Duggars. Very limited to simply wearing brighter colours though.

EDIT: also, the brightness of that picture has slightly been messed with. The eyes are a tad too blue, the green patches of grass too green as you can clearly see most of the grass is burnt, etc. So that pink has become more of a Barbie shade than it probably originally is.

Is she wearing pants?

Yeah, it does look like she's wearing pants. It's probably just her dress folding between her legs, but we can hope.

IMG_6512.jpg

Looks like a "normal" girl.

Is that Jessa? She looks reeeeally young, there.

Hair ornaments can be lovely, on all ages.

What bothers me about the hair flowers on infants is the possibility that they are uncomfortable, the silliness of parents feeling the need to stamp the baby as A Girl, and the disproportion of huge flowers on tiny heads. I want to tell some of these folks:

PezEy.jpg

I like!

That's an example of a hair flower done right; all your reasons are why I don't like the preemie-Josie-with-massive-flower style. I do generally like hair ornaments, but on young children I tend to prefer them when they have a practical purpose, because they can be uncomfortable. A headband or clip with a small flower holding back bangs is different to a headband with a huge flower on a baby without any hair.

Where did that picture of Jessa come from? Have we ever seen the older girls in only one layer of tops before? I would love to see what she is wearing below the waist-- no doubt a skirt but how high is the hem? They have come so far from the days of frumpers with giant white collars.

I find it really hard to look at that picture and imagine this girl willing to give up her iPhone and her relatively luxurious lifestyle to get married to an under-educated Bible thumper who will keep her barefoot and pregnant in a trailer. I think maybe JB made a very big error in exposing his family to the outside world via TLC. I used to wish for one of the kids to escape, but now I'm wondering if any of the kids will stay in the cult once they are able to make a choice.

I'm honestly not judging in any way - just curious - but why do you want to wear a corsage in your hair most or all of the time?

Um, because I think it looks pretty? I'm puzzled as to why you think there would be any other reason. Like others have said, hair flowers on adults look different to how they look on babies who have no hair, and the constant need to make gender obvious is what's annoying about Josie and her hair flowers.

This:

rose-hair-clip.jpg

looks very different to this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROiBtY9riwaItqFIQHXUvjPMrnxUSQ1p_GPTqTJspg7eIlo3Nw

OK found it. There is a new album of "arty" shots up on the Picasa Web Album. My guess is this is Jinger's portfolio.

OK found it. There is a new album of "arty" shots up on the Picasa Web Album. My guess is this is Jinger's portfolio.

one more SAHD that got an expensive camera as an occupational therapy in order to keep her busy.

This is a J-boy, correct? I can't tell the Howlers apart. If it is a J-boy, (James?), so long gone are the days of buy used save the difference. His shoes are actually Nike!, unlike the way the Duggars use it.

picasaweb.google.com/101532170424444521371/June2012#5757451915586846178

I guess Jessa took the pics of Jinger in the middle of the road (I guess safety isn't a concern, even when taking stupid "artsy" pictures). Remember when Smugs and Anna got engaged, photography was Jessa's hobby; she took all those wretched pictures of the couple at the gazebo, as well as the other pics still serving as the banner for ja20.com.

Did Mullet foisting FT schooling onto Jessa force her out of photography, allowing Jinger to take it up? Jessa's been "teaching" the howlers for a couple of years now, coinciding with Jinger's sudden "interest" in photography, so I'd say it's plausible.

I'm still not really sure what Jana does, other than respond to an occasional 911 call when she's on call (and at home). Mullet's right hand, monitoring the internet, etc? Cooking, since no one else seems to want to do it? Other than going to the Journeys - is she still a camper or a counselor? I ask b/c Pris Keller lived at HQ all summer, even between girls' sessions, cooking/cleaning behind the scenes of the other Journeys. That Jana is not up there makes me think she's still being indoctrinated and not ready to indoctrinate yet.

She just seems so...aimless...right now. And the fact that they said none of them were courting as of a few weeks ago is also disturbing. Boob is working his hardest to keep the D&P show going for as long as possible and any of those girls marrying would muck that up.

Then again, I'm scared at the guy Boob would set them up with; probably someone really deep into the cult to pull any of the girls who are considered "too worldly" back into the fold. :cry:

Maybe one of them would get lucky and be 'courted' by someone fundy lite. Maybe Boob would want to make the show more interesting and show "the world" that their family can appeal to all types of Christians or something. I'm thinking that the ATI speaking circuit is going to dry up for them eventually and they already speak at churches that cater to mainstream non-fundy types. Who knows, maybe JimBoob will allow a non-Gothardite into the clan. Then there'd be a chance of one or more of the girls marrying a man with a real job and possibly an education. JimBoob must know that it will be hard to brand his family as a whole without the family as one unit and with the girls married to big Gothardite losers. Then again he might marry them to losers (albeit photogenic losers who will look good in the group shots) and prop them up in a business like he did Josh (leave and cleave only applies when it benefits the family I think).

Okay, who wrote 'watch out for Josh texting and driving!' under the photo of Jinger on the road? :laughing-rolling:

Okay, who wrote 'watch out for Josh texting and driving!' under the photo of Jinger on the road? :laughing-rolling:

I don't know what website you're seeing this on, but that's hilarious! :clap:

Archived