IGNORED

Least Favourite Duggar Episode?

xDreamerx

They invariably turn into a Jim Bob/Michelle lovefest.

Doesn't everything on that show turn into one?? Seriously, if these folks gave 1/2 as much AFFECTION to their kids as they do to each other....oh never mind. What's the use. I want to gag everytime we get to the obvious kiss moment in the show. Yuck, Yuck, yuck. Get a room already!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wondered about the birthdays and age appropriate-ness. A lot of us can obviously see them as being more for a child, especially where the teens are concerned. But in watching the Joy's Birthday train ride episode, I wondered do they actually like it? I mean, is she so young and unaware and cloistered that she would find those kinds of things genuinely fun?

One of the worst birthday episodes was Joseph's recent "sweet sixteen and never been kissed" party. Not only were his parents mocking a clearly very shy kid on national television, that nonsense with the clothespins was hands down the lamest party "game" I've ever seen. Pinning a tail on a donkey would have been only slightly less age appropriate and it at least might have been good for a few laughs.

Last month I managed to make myself watch all of that "Pamela's Prayer" movie--yes, the one linked on Josh & Anna's site that is anti-kissing. Anyway there's a scene where two guys are talking about Pamela and one of them says "She's sweet 16 and never been kissed!" I wonder if they were just quoting that for fun? Maybe? I hope... Wait, this is the Duggars, nevermind.

Last month I managed to make myself watch all of that "Pamela's Prayer" movie--yes, the one linked on Josh & Anna's site that is anti-kissing. Anyway there's a scene where two guys are talking about Pamela and one of them says "She's sweet 16 and never been kissed!" I wonder if they were just quoting that for fun? Maybe? I hope... Wait, this is the Duggars, nevermind.

Here's the trailer. It's sooo 80s. It says 1991, but once you see the clothes and hair you'll see what I mean. It's like a fundie version of Degrassi (the original).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXXbZ-Ez_AA

Just for the hell of it, my boyfriend and I decided to watch it--we ended up making out for some parts.

whoopsies.

The most cringe-worthy episode (allowing for the fact that I have only been able to sit through 7-8 of them over the years) was the one where they lost poor little Jackson at Newark Airport. Although Jackson was only 4 at the time, these morons let him go, by himself, to a public bathroom.

considering that 8 year old in new york that got lost and ended up butchered, this is very scary. i was reading about it somewhere, maybe here, where even a 9 year old went into a public bathroom alone and someone slit his throat. scary days we live in. and the duggars are so scared of the "real world" you would think they would have been on top of this!

Guest Anonymous

Doesn't everything on that show turn into one?? Seriously, if these folks gave 1/2 as much AFFECTION to their kids as they do to each other....oh never mind. What's the use. I want to gag everytime we get to the obvious kiss moment in the show. Yuck, Yuck, yuck. Get a room already!

Trouble is, they HAVE a room. It's their kids who don't.

Guest Anonymous

considering that 8 year old in new york that got lost and ended up butchered, this is very scary. i was reading about it somewhere, maybe here, where even a 9 year old went into a public bathroom alone and someone slit his throat. scary days we live in. and the duggars are so scared of the "real world" you would think they would have been on top of this!

That's part of Boob and Michelle's charm: they conjure up all sorts of imaginary dangers to protect their children from but are oblivious to real ones.

That was hilarious.

Pam's pop pinged my gaydar something fierce. When he looked in Frederick's eyes and said "I love you both!", I nearly choked on a pretzel.

Gahahaha!!! Isn't it great?

The Washington DC episodes, because those episodes are so blatantly covering up why they are there and what they really believe. In particular, on the first trip they get a tour of the Capitol by David Barton. He was credited on screen as either a "historian" or "tour guide." I knew that name sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it. After some digging, I realized I had read about him in an article about the Texas history textbook controversy. Barton was the lead wacko pressuring the Texas textbook committee to make changes to history textbooks so they reflected a conservative agenda. Among other things, he and his group made the following suggestions:

-Change the name of the "Atlantic slave trade" to "Atlantic triangular trade"

-Remove mentions of Thurgood Marshall, Cesar Chavez, and Anne Hutchinson from examples of "great Americans."

-Teach children "republican values" instead of "democratic values" because, to quote Barton, "Children pledge allegiance to the flag and the republic for which it stands, not the democracy."

Also, Barton has no experience in education, and he has no academic background in history. THIS is who showed the Duggars around the Capitol, and 97% of the viewers would have absolutely no idea about any of this.

Exactly. The same can be said about the Focus on The Family episode recently. Totally covers up that Focus on The Family is a organization that does nothing but spread hate.

For me any episode when they were in the hospital and trashing the historic house in Little Rock. - Same rubbish week after week. But the sadist episode in that series was when one of the smaller boy J's birthday, when J'chelle took him to the hospital gift shop, then onto the hospital restaurant for lunch.

Here in the UK hospital restaurants are not the place you would take a child for their birthday or even a normal meal. Just shows how self centred J'chelle is.

johnhugh, actually, most of the hospitals i've been to are pretty good. in fact, the hospital i went to for partial was excellent. i think hospitals in general - especially the big ones - are getting better. though i do agree going to a hospital gift shop and cafeteria for a kid's birthday is pathetic. *edit* yay, i'm born to be plaid!

Any of the DC episodes, they were just uncomfortable and awkward and really showed how lost poor Jim Bob and C.o are in the ~real world.

Or any one with a "speaking engagement"...I enjoy seeing them at home instead of parading out on a stage with fake smiles and the same "Be Fruitful and Multiply" joke.

Guest Anonymous
For me any episode when they were in the hospital and trashing the historic house in Little Rock. - Same rubbish week after week. But the sadist episode in that series was when one of the smaller boy J's birthday, when J'chelle took him to the hospital gift shop, then onto the hospital restaurant for lunch.

Here in the UK hospital restaurants are not the place you would take a child for their birthday or even a normal meal. Just shows how self centred J'chelle is.

They probably felt self-righteous about trashing that house, since it once belonged to a friend of Margaret Sanger. Can't you just see JimBoob watching his kids wreck the place and thinking "Y-e-s-s! Take that, you heathens!".

• 6 years later...

I have to admit I loved the older shows until the Creation Museum episode, the rose coloured glasses fell right off during that one!  Thank Rufus .

All of them! I think the worse one was when Jimbo was dry humping Michelle at the mini golf course.

For me, the worst one was when they went turkey hunting and JB took Jinger aside and lectured her on sex on national television and with his 40 something friend standing by. Young Jinger (18 at the time) was completely embarrassed and shaken by that.

Creepy creepy creepy JB, blech

PS.: My profile pic is of that episode! There, Jinger is still shooting and happy, after that JB decided to do what he did.

On 7/17/2011 at 11:38 AM, Guest LilaFowler said:

The Say Yes To The Dress crossover episode. When Michelle was going in a dressing room to try on her dress, and one of the consultants asked if she needed help getting it on. Michelle said something like no, she wanted to put it on herself and stay modest. Michelle has had many doctor's exams, vaginal ultrasounds, and delivered 19 babies. She's had plenty of doctor's hands in, on, and around her vagina. She wanted to be modest about being seen by another women in a bra or slip? Come on bitch.

Don't forget kneegate where Mullet made them back out her naughty knees! What a little harlet for showing her knees.

17 minutes ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

Don't forget kneegate where Mullet made them back out her naughty knees! What a little harlet for showing her knees.

Michelle practically crying as she explained to the cameras why she needed her knees blurred out made me roll my eyes so hard. I was honestly disgusted. I just thought, "Get a grip, lady. You have no problem giving birth on camera. You joke about your sex life all the time. You're cool with exploiting your minor children for profit - they have no choice, whether they want to be on camera or not, you've decided that for them. But God forbid we see your knees?" Ugh.

Archived