IGNORED

Least Favourite Duggar Episode?

xDreamerx

Do you have one? Which one and why?

Edit: To be clear, I was searching for one that really irks you because it highlights the horrors of Duggarville.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh's wedding. Just ugh, the smug horndog, the weird dating rules, the rush to the deflowering. I kept hoping for Anna to come to her senses.

ETA: This applies to any handsex episode.

The one where they go to the Ethiopian restaurant and are very openly rolling their eyes at the dancing, holding their noses, and making fun of their culture.

Oh and the one where they learn to crochet. a) Jim the soundman claims they're learning to "knit" (aaaagggh!). b) Anna claims it's an old-ladyish thing to do (grr). c) The disrespect towards "Grandma Duggar" is nauseating.

The endless episodes when Josie is in the hospitals and the kids are at home trashing the rental house...unbelievable...Where the heck were Josh and Anna? They really dropped the ball when they could have rose to the occasion and demonstrated a little leadership and love during these stressful months.

I am really tired of the endless denial that anything is wrong with Josie and that she is developmental on target...There is no way this can be true and I real feel for the kid if Michele and Jim=Bob are swimming in the deep end of the river of denial. Early intervention is the key and this is going to need a lot of support over the next 5 years.

I don't remember the name of the episode but in it a very young Jordyn was climbing the stairs in the

TTH by herself and then crawling down those stairs, again by herself. Jordyn neglect started very early.

If this is what happens when the cameras are rolling, I wonder what happens when TLC isn't there.

The one where they go to the Ethiopian restaurant and are very openly rolling their eyes at the dancing, holding their noses, and making fun of their culture.

Oh and the one where they learn to crochet. a) Jim the soundman claims they're learning to "knit" (aaaagggh!). b) Anna claims it's an old-ladyish thing to do (grr). c) The disrespect towards "Grandma Duggar" is nauseating.

This one for me too but really any one of them will do.

I don't think you can be too hard on Josh and Anna re: lack of helping out - remember they had a business to run and a small baby to look after. When my son was a few months old I sometimes struggled to feed myself let alone do anything else. I don't they should be criticised because they 'only' have one child. But yes, the wedding episode...

Also with regards to Jordyn I often wonder if there's so much footage of her alone because the cameramen watch her when nobody else does?

I just watched the D.C. episode on YouTube and was prepared to snark on the Duggars big time. Darn it, I actually liked the episode. I have a brother-in-law who is from Ethiophia and I felt their pain about the incense. There are some very strong scents that are used. My sister is used to it, but she usually only lights it in one room that visitors are not in because she knows it's an acquired "smell". I so agreed about the food. I love the beef, lamb, chicken and veggies. I hate the bread though. It's really spongy and chewy with no flavor. Anything that I have to chew for too long, gives me the creeps. So I usually skip the bread and just put everything on a plate over rice :lol:

I really didn't find the kids faces offensive. Heck, kids are kids, they will always make honest reactions to what they see or hear around them, regardless of what their parents want them to do! Anna and one of the older girls (I wasn't sure if it was Jinger or Jess) has a couple of "looks" that really weren't necessary. Yes, yes I know, we all do it; but it's something that you would share with your family in the privacy of your home. Adults (as Michelle basically said) should always be generous guests to their hosts. This was the first episode that I actually saw the entire family in a good light, so I guess we'll have to make another thread about positive shows! :clap:

When they wheeled poor dying Grandpa Duggar out on a freaking office computer chair and his shoe fell off and he was just so out of it and dazed. It angers me that he was treated this way in the last months of his life and then they broadcasted his wake and funeral on national TV that's what cut short the like that I had for the Duggars because you don't treat your family members that way for a quick buck.

When they wheeled poor dying Grandpa Duggar out on a freaking office computer chair and his shoe fell off and he was just so out of it and dazed. It angers me that he was treated this way in the last months of his life and then they broadcasted his wake and funeral on national TV that's what cut short the like that I had for the Duggars because you don't treat your family members that way for a quick buck.

Oh yes, this pissed me off too. It was exploitation, plain and simple. Something JimBlob is an expert at.

This was my least favorite too. At least poor Jana was thoughtful enough to make Grandpa's favorite cake for his birthday (though I don't think he could eat it at that point.)

Haven't watched too many full episodes in the last year or so - so many things disturb me about this family. I found Anna and Josh's wedding extremely awkward to watch - church members supplying the reception food in the form of a potluck? And was that church actually the Kellers' church or do the Kellers "home-church"? And then Anna and Josh listening to the Biblical instructions for their wedding night on the way to the hotel? Do you think that tape gave instructions on positions, length of time to be spent in various activities, etc.? Also dislike watching any time when Michelle is watching her own kids. Her detachment toward her own children is creepy to witness.

Oh lets see...

1) Duggar's dating rules-really, Josh, 98% of people have had premarital sex? With a background knowledge in statistics, I can already say that that number is a bit too high. Stop following Gothard's statistics. Also, how is dating giving pieces of your heart away when there are times when courtship doesn't work? You can't put "God wasn't ready for so and so to be courting" as your excuse. That person has given a piece of their heart away. End of discussion

2) The Ethiopian restaurant episode really made me cringe. I don't care if they are kids and "kids will be kids" but my parents have always taught my sister and I to be respectful of other cultures and religions, no matter how "strange" it might seem compared to yours. Personally, I love Ethiopian food and would choose that over that salt block licking Duggar's taco soup recipe any day.

3) The episode where Josh referred to his house as a "homeless shelter". Seriously, your little was at the hospital and your family was dealing with that so instead of opening your home like a good son/brother, you thought it was similar to a homeless shelter. You sir, are a selfish bastard and it will never stop to amaze me how Anna can put up with your narcissistic self.

4) The episode where they were doing the family photo shoot and Josh was an hour and a half late. Umm, FYI, if you want to be a lawyer, I hope you realize that if the trial begins at 8:00am, it starts at 8:00am and not 8:00am Josh's time. You have a wife, two children, and a job--life shouldn't revolve around you and you have to be professional. There are times when I'm late for certain things but when it comes to important stuff, I'm always early.

Oh lets see...

1) Duggar's dating rules-really, Josh, 98% of people have had premarital sex? With a background knowledge in statistics, I can already say that that number is a bit too high. Stop following Gothard's statistics. Also, how is dating giving pieces of your heart away when there are times when courtship doesn't work? You can't put "God wasn't ready for so and so to be courting" as your excuse. That person has given a piece of their heart away. End of discussion

2) The Ethiopian restaurant episode really made me cringe. I don't care if they are kids and "kids will be kids" but my parents have always taught my sister and I to be respectful of other cultures and religions, no matter how "strange" it might seem compared to yours. Personally, I love Ethiopian food and would choose that over that salt block licking Duggar's taco soup recipe any day.

3) The episode where Josh referred to his house as a "homeless shelter". Seriously, your little was at the hospital and your family was dealing with that so instead of opening your home like a good son/brother, you thought it was similar to a homeless shelter. You sir, are a selfish bastard and it will never stop to amaze me how Anna can put up with your narcissistic self.

4) The episode where they were doing the family photo shoot and Josh was an hour and a half late. Umm, FYI, if you want to be a lawyer, I hope you realize that if the trial begins at 8:00am, it starts at 8:00am and not 8:00am Josh's time. You have a wife, two children, and a job--life shouldn't revolve around you and you have to be professional. There are times when I'm late for certain things but when it comes to important stuff, I'm always early.

1) 80% of statistics are made up on the spot. :P

2) their behavior at the Ethopian resteraunt was really rude. I am pretty sure TLC put them up to going out for ethopian, otherwise they would have gone out for burgers or pizza.

3) Josh you suck

4) Jessa and Jinger were in rare snarking form about Josh being late

Jessa: "I don't know why Josh is always late. He's only got like one kid"

Jinger: "He's a Duggar"

Jessa: "Yeah and anna brought Mackenzie and she was on time"

Guest Anonymous

The most cringe-worthy episode (allowing for the fact that I have only been able to sit through 7-8 of them over the years) was the one where they lost poor little Jackson at Newark Airport. Although Jackson was only 4 at the time, these morons let him go, by himself, to a public bathroom. His sense of direction was loused up as he went the opposite direction when he came out and it took 45 minutes to find him. I found it significant that the person he ran to for comfort was his sister-mom (Jill?) and not Michelle. I detected no sense from either Boob or Michelle that they were damn lucky to get him back alive and unhurt. Are these two so divorced from reality that they don't grasp that kids older, bigger and smarter than Jackson have been abducted, murdered and dumped in less time than he was missing for? My husband and I wanted to crawl through the screen and bitch-slap both of Jackson's parents. Good thing it wasn't possible because Mr. Snarky and I would have been elbowing each other out of the way for a shot at them.

I almost forgot that episode. This was so so sad and the worst part was when Jana had to take care of him afterwards. I'm pretty sure that this wasn't the only time they lost somebody in crowded places like airports. It's hard to imagine how often this is going to happen to Jordyn or Jennifer in the future since they are ignored anyway!

I haven't seen any full episodes because I'm in the UK, but from what I've heard, I'd have to say the one where they go to the creation museum. The whole subject of creationism, creationists' complete dishonesty and/or ignorance regarding science, and their inability to see anything but black or white or to understand how it's perfectly possible to believe in God and accept natural origins for the universe, makes me so angry that I have to steer clear of the subject as much as I can. The idea of the Duggar offspring being carted off to a 'museum' to be taught a complete pack of lies about science fills me with absolute horror. Even if I could see full episodes then there is no way on earth that I would watch that particular one.

I haven't seen any full episodes because I'm in the UK, but from what I've heard, I'd have to say the one where they go to the creation museum. The whole subject of creationism, creationists' complete dishonesty and/or ignorance regarding science, and their inability to see anything but black or white or to understand how it's perfectly possible to believe in God and accept natural origins for the universe, makes me so angry that I have to steer clear of the subject as much as I can. The idea of the Duggar offspring being carted off to a 'museum' to be taught a complete pack of lies about science fills me with absolute horror. Even if I could see full episodes then there is no way on earth that I would watch that particular one.

This was my first episode and one of my least favorites. In the episode DimBulb makes a remark along the lines that they want to "educate" there children on all theories of life on Earth. You know darn well that those kids have never been exposed to anything pointed out all the evidence of evolution. DQ also makes a comment in her sing-song voice about "the earth is only 6000 years old, it really, really is!!". Gag me.

Some others:

The episode where Anna had an appointment at the OB and Smugger just had to go do something non-essential before knowing it was probably going to make them late. Yes Smugger, you are the most important person on this 6000 year old Earth.

Whatever episode it was where the family was in Little Rock and the girls had to go back and take care of the house for they day. Joy ended up tossing hangers at one of the J'slaves (Jill?). You could tell she was upset, probably because she was in the process of loosing her childhood to start becoming a keeper of her home.

I really hate both of Anna's homebirth episodes. That is just such a horrible invasion of privacy, especially for her first one when she didn't even know what to expect. It's one thing to have 10 births and then knowing what birth is like, deciding whether or not to have a camera follow you around for your next one. But Anna didn't have that same choice, and she didn't get any "practice" births, so she couldn't really predict what would end up on film. I just think she was so naive going into this and that her stressful experience of a first childbirth was made even more stressful by the Duggars' and TLC's insistence on filming it for ratings. I don't believe for a second that she had any choice in the matter.

I don't think you can be too hard on Josh and Anna re: lack of helping out - remember they had a business to run and a small baby to look after. When my son was a few months old I sometimes struggled to feed myself let alone do anything else. I don't they should be criticised because they 'only' have one child. But yes, the wedding episode...

Also with regards to Jordyn I often wonder if there's so much footage of her alone because the cameramen watch her when nobody else does?

When the cameras aren't rolling she probably gets beaten instead of just neglected. If there were no cameras and Michelle found her alone on the stairs, she would get a refresher course in blanket training. I think one of the reasons the younger kids are so bad is because the parents have only ever used spanking so now that they can't do that in front of the cameras they really just have no other ideas about how to discipline a child, so they end up just ignoring them. They just don't know how to handle kids without hitting them.

Archived