IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

For once, I find myself actually hoping this silence is just some sort of sadistic joke on John's part to watch us heathen busybody feminazis squirm, after which he'll post a haughty "Oh, by the way, everything's peachy. Some people just need to trust in the Lord more" to put us in our places.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For once, I find myself actually hoping this silence is just some sort of sadistic joke on John's part to watch us heathen busybody feminazis squirm, after which he'll post a haughty "Oh, by the way, everything's peachy. Some people just need to trust in the Lord more" to put us in our places.

Completely agree. Also hoping since David and Priscilla posted pics of a weekend get together where they were all smiles, indicates everything is a-ok. Certainly if her sister had just lost a child (particularly since she is so pregnant) or even further, her sister had serious health issues right now, Priscilla would not be able to be so chipper. I hope. I couldn't be, however, I do realize they view familial relationships, particularly those relatives on the wife's side differently.

How close are the sisters these days? Do they follow each other online?

Not sure. I know that Esther is friends on FB with Susana, her brothers and both of their wives. Not sure how often she corresponds with Priscilla though. I do know Susana mentioned Esther being due around this time on one of the shots of her newborn so she at least knows what is going on somewhat in Esther's life.

I noticed the other day that John Shrader has Suze listed as his sister and Josh McDonald as his brother-in-law on FB, but around the time that they were all announcing their pregnancies, Suze couldn't keep track of who was and wasn't pregnant, saying she knew Esther was but hadn't talked to Anna in awhile, and didn't mention Priscilla.

I get the idea that they all keep friendly with each other and that there are no hard feelings between them, but there are just a lot of them and they live far away from each other. It's natural for their relationships not to be as strong. That being said, I get the feeling that Priscilla isn't as close as the other siblings are. Anna, Esther, and their husbands may be fundie, but it seems like they can accept the escaped siblings better than Priscilla and David could.

I know far too much about these people.

Edited to fix my iPad's mistakes... because John did not lust Suze, he listed her....

How quick do you think John would try to get in touch with his in kaws if something went wrong? Since he is the headship he might be extremely reluctant to let Esther's family know that he got her or her baby killed even if it was in god's hands. Perhaps he is counting on a no news is good news mindset on the part of the in laws to give him some breathing room. I assume that these folks take others in their cult at their word so it would give him time to come up with a story which somehow makes the tragedy Esther's fault. Just a thought.

I am so hoping Esther at least, and both mother and baby at best, are ok.

I sincerely hope she and the baby are ok. It's kind of hard to believe that he's not posting as an f-u to FJ, since they have friends/family/churches who would want to know what is going on. It's also hard to believe that if things have gone bad, he hasn't posted prayer requests.

As others have said, I don't see how Davilla could be posting smiley cute pictures if something horrible has just happened to her sister. It's just a strange thing all around.

As others have said, I don't see how Davilla could be posting smiley cute pictures if something horrible has just happened to her sister. It's just a strange thing all around.

But these are the kind of people who pose - smiling - around the casket of their son & brother. God's will, tra la la. (I'm thinking specifically of the Waller family, but I'm sure their attitude is not uncommon among like-minded fundies).

I sincerely hope all is well.

I don't think anything is wrong. John has always been a very sporadic facebook poster. He'll do multiple posts over a few days, then there will be several weeks of nothing. This is completely normal for him. Yes, he's a jackass for allowing people to continue to worry, but he doesn't really care about others.

Someone is literally congratulating Jon for being "such a willing husband to let her get exactly what she needs right now!"

How completely f*cked up is that?? "Oh, Jon, you're so wonderful to let your overly pregnant wife get some sort of care while in a probably uncomfortable and potentially dangerous situation for the woman you're supposed to love as Jesus loves the Church and the baby you put in her belly??"

Good boy, Jon, here's a bone for you to chew on.

Smuggles is still posting his post birthday happiness so I'm thinking nothing TRAJICK happened or Anna likely would have been involved (and he wouldnt be watching the kids by himself without her so... no pics of them drawing).

I agree that as time passes, especially this far past her due date, nothing good can come of this.

She's now 13 days overdue. I'm not very optimistic that John and Esther will agree to a c-section tomorrow.

She's now 13 days overdue. I'm not very optimistic that John and Esther will agree to a c-section tomorrow.

13 days overdue on a first baby, withOUT the Strep, might not be too worrisome, as long as there were no ROM.

For #8 (I think), WITH the Strep, this is seeming worse and worse, unless the due date was very off.

Anna commented in one 19K&c episode that she was much closer to Priscilla than any of the others because they were closer in age and did a lot of things together when they were growing up.

I suspect the same is probably true across the family. Esther was probably good friends with Rebecca growing up but the other sisters are a lot younger. I'm not sure exactly how that translates into adult relationships but big distances and a culture that tells them to follow the husband probably makes close relationships difficult. Being facebook friends doesn't mean much. My brothers & I are friends on facebook but it doesn't mean we ever read each others stuff.

The husband can't keep it together. He failed as a husband, a protector, a provider, everything. That man is a zero. Big talk, big failures... I just hope he does not take it out on his kids because that's what these "manly men" do once their results are contradictory to their preach. They hit to prevent the kids from asking embarrassing questions. He is a failure.

It's apparent to many of us that something is seriously wrong with this picture. If Anna or her other family members were concerned (how can you not be) would they be allowed to step in and try to intervene or that not ok in the fundy world?!?

Absolutely not ok to come between a husband and a wife. Only one who might have some weight would be her father-in-law or maybe her father :(

Absolutely not ok to come between a husband and a wife. Only one who might have some weight would be her father-in-law or maybe her father :(

Don't know anything about her, but if his mother took him aside and talked with him about "women's stuff" might that work? Assuming she gives a shit and knows anyting.

Don't know anything about her, but if his mother took him aside and talked with him about "women's stuff" might that work? Assuming she gives a shit and knows anyting.

Well I did some Google stalking of his dad's church's website over the weekend and there wasn't even a pray that my daughter-in-law has a safe, easy labor and a healthy baby. Either they haven't a clue that anything is amiss or they just don't care if something is wrong. I find the whole thing very odd as every church I've ever been to has always asked people to pray for any pregnant women in the congregation, even if it's an uncomplicated pregnancy and the mom is planning a hospital birth. The way they see it there is nothing wrong with praying for a quick, easy labor and a healthy mom and baby. I can't see why John's parents wouldn't ask their congregation to pray for their son's wife and their new grandbaby, unless they couldn't give a shit either way. It wouldn't surprise me much if that were the case considering if it were my son who was housing his kids and pregnant wife in a pop-up camper I'd be skinning him alive for not swallowing his pride, and bringing them to stay with us till he could get back on his feet. I wouldn't be able to stand the idea of not knowing if my grandbabies had a roof over their head and food in their bellies, there would be an ultimatum come home or I call CPS.

Well I did some Google stalking of his dad's church's website over the weekend and there wasn't even a pray that my daughter-in-law has a safe, easy labor and a healthy baby. Either they haven't a clue that anything is amiss or they just don't care if something is wrong. I find the whole thing very odd as every church I've ever been to has always asked people to pray for any pregnant women in the congregation, even if it's an uncomplicated pregnancy and the mom is planning a hospital birth. The way they see it there is nothing wrong with praying for a quick, easy labor and a healthy mom and baby. I can't see why John's parents wouldn't ask their congregation to pray for their son's wife and their new grandbaby, unless they couldn't give a shit either way. It wouldn't surprise me much if that were the case considering if it were my son who was housing his kids and pregnant wife in a pop-up camper I'd be skinning him alive for not swallowing his pride, and bringing them to stay with us till he could get back on his feet. I wouldn't be able to stand the idea of not knowing if my grandbabies had a roof over their head and food in their bellies, there would be an ultimatum come home or I call CPS.

I agree with this part. I do wonder if relatives have considered calling CPS, but they don't because they don't want the kids to be removed from John and Esther. The situation with John and Esther is very troubling for several reasons and I think this is one of the cases that needs CPS intervention. I know it would be hard for the kids to be possibly removed from J&E, but it would also act as a major wake up call to John and Esther.

Archived