IGNORED

Journey to the Heart

SpeakNow

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that Anna (Marie) Maxwell/Hamilton's sister in the 2nd photo? Sarah I think her name is?

This is from before their 'mission' trip to SE Asia. Jinger looks like she really doesn't want to be there.

That girl does look like NR Sarah (aka 'Grace') but someone who discussed the Maxwell/Hamilton dynamic (an acquaintance of the Hamiltons, IIRC) said she has some fairly significant developmental delays and other behavioural issues from before her adoption. I don't know if she'd be 'suitable' for a Gothard-style brainwashing camp, not JTTH anyway. (Although, having heard the stories of Gothard's programmes for 'troubled' kids, I wouldn't put it past him to recommend a residential placement at one of his training facilities.)

• 3 months later...

I might be overthinking things, but I wonder if there is any significance to the pastel colors. They're all wearing different groups of them

I might be overthinking things, but I wonder if there is any significance to the pastel colors. They're all wearing different groups of them

I was wondering the same thing. And is seems kinda odd; they're all the exact same--not like, 'hey, wear your green shirt' and everyone shows up in different shades.

I was wondering this myself...are the 'blue' ones supposed to represent some specific gift/sin?

(I should just find it myself, but I"m to lazy today, apparently)

Is that Anna (Marie) Maxwell/Hamilton's sister in the 2nd photo? Sarah I think her name is?

It does look like her. It appears she has a service dog with her as well. If she suffers from albinism, she could have significant visual impairment which could require a service animal. I didn't know she was adopted.

I was wondering the same thing. And is seems kinda odd; they're all the exact same--not like, 'hey, wear your green shirt' and everyone shows up in different shades.

Do they get to keep the shirts?

Age segregation?

I thought they didn't believe in that.

Don't they? I guess I've just outed myself as NOT EVER a Gothardite. :oops: :lol: It was just a guess, and I should have said differentiation rather than segregation. Maybe all the girls who stay in the same cabin/apartment/whatever wear the same shirt - like Hogwarts houses, exactly! (Thanks, FJ, for letting me read new posts before submitting mine.)

How old does one have to be to attend JTTH?

Maybe it's like a fundie Hogwarts and they have 'houses?' :lol:

Yeah I think that's the most likely. They're in teams. If each colour represented a specific sin, then they sure managed to find an equal number of girls for each sin.

The girl on the bottom row, 2nd from the right in the pink, she'll make someone a fine helpmeet one day. She looks very ummm neat and tidy!

The girl on the bottom row, 2nd from the right in the pink, she'll make someone a fine helpmeet one day. She looks very ummm neat and tidy!

LOL! I was thinking the same thing!

Only 3 girls in that pic have their shirt buttoned to the top, and they're all in pink. The girl in the middle of the back row looks like she barely buttoned hers. I am sure, though I cannot tell, if she has on something underneath.

Yeah I think that's the most likely. They're in teams. If each colour represented a specific sin, then they sure managed to find an equal number of girls for each sin.

I thought about there being teams as well... but then why are there more pink shirts than any other color? I haven't actually counted, but based on the size of the blue, green and purple groups, there are about the size of each of the 2 pink groups...

Archived