IGNORED

Doug's Poll on Gay Marriage

DomWackTroll

And now it's all our fault.

The word, troll, does not mean that someone disagrees with you. It means that someone is purposely trying to create trouble on a forum or website.

My first deleted comment simply expressed agreement with Obama. The second one was not rude and did not take god's name in vain. The only thing that they could discover from my facebook page is that I am a married, middle aged woman with four kids and a grandchild.

Vision Forum members are not used to having intelligent discussions with people who disagree with them. When they have to defend their views, they can't.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of loving Hannah Joy's comments (could she have a more fundielicious name?). It seems she had some out of wedlock children, so she thinks that because of that, she is THE authority on sin, and therefore the authority on gay marriage:

"ric Beitlich Looks to me like Hannah had herself a little premarital relations. Married in 2010 with kids obviously 4+ years old? Don't judge lest ye be judged."

" Yes, I did. I did not become saved until three years ago. By experiencing my former life I have more appreciation for what God has given me. I have nothing to hide, I was, still am and will always be a sinner."

Someone get this woman a blog! She'll fit right in with GC Kelly and Hate's Desire Sara, what with her blistering case of Reformed Harlot Syndrome.

I can't access Doug's blog but I did leave the following comment at his Facebook page:

"I totally support President Obama on his stance on same sex marriage. I know some same sex married couples and they are lovely people who contribute to society and are utterly devoted to each other."

I expect it to be deleted in 3...2...1...

Doug Phillips is a Tool!

This is brilliant! Now I wish I had taken a screenshot of Dougie's poll last night. Then I could post them together with the captions "Vision Forum's opinion on same sex marriage" and "The general, educated public's opinion on same sex marriage".

The interns must have woken up after their late night last night. DELETE ALL THE THINGS has commenced.

:dance:

New post up:

This Facebook page has been targeted by the atheist and homosexual community, members of which have generated a spate of posts which violate the guidelines of this page. We remind our readers: We are a Christian company that takes seriously the Third Commandment. It is one thing to charitably post an alternative opinion, it is another to mock God, his Scriptures, or to take His name in vain. If you use this Facebook page for scoffing (Proverbs 22:10), for posting defiling communications, or if you in any way violate the Third Commandment in your posts, or encourage others to do the same, you will be deleted and banned.

Doug, you make me sick.

Dougie, the little punk ass, left this comment:

Vision Forum wrote: "This Facebook page has been targeted by the atheist and homosexual community, members of which have generated a spate of posts which violate the guidelines of this page. We remind our readers: We are a Christian company that takes seriously the Third Commandment. It is one thing to charitably post an alternative opinion, it is another to mock God, his Scriptures, or to take His name in vain. If you use this Facebook page for scoffing (Proverbs 22:10), for posting defiling communications, or if you in any way violate the Third Commandment in your posts, or encourage others to do the same, you will be deleted and banned."

Doug Phillips is a tool!

ETA: Sola beat me to it!

I can't remember the last time I have had so much fun on the internets. Watching this unfold is comedy GOLD.

I'm imagining Dougie stomping around in rage talking about teh ebil gheys. I love this mental image.

Hee, hee. Nearly 91% of voters support President Obama's stance on same sex marriage, and Dougie is spitting mad.

http://www.visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/

Doug Phillips is a tool!

Got your undies in a bunch, eh, Doug? My best advice to you? Suck it up, princess.

Doug Phillips is a tool!!!

Oh, and Dougie (and whichever of his poor interns is reading this), there's nothing fishy about a public poll showing massive support for same-sex marriage. That is the opinion of the developed world at large. Why does it baffle you so? Did you really believe most of the world agrees with you, or do you just not understand how the internet works? When you post something on a public blog, anyone can see it, and then they can forward it to anyone they see fit. And what's remarkable is that, despite your large, loyal and somewhat rabid group of followers presumably doing everything they can to "win" the poll, it is effortlessly going viral among people who support same-sex marriage. That says something about how unpopular your views are.

This reminds me of a couple years ago, when a facebook group called "I bet we can get 1 000 000 people who oppose same sex marriage" surfaced. Another group called "I bet we can get 1 000 000 people who support same sex marriage" popped up and while the anti-gay group never even hit the one million mark, our group reached over 13 million members. The numbers speak for themselves, folks.

P.S. I'm a Christian who has been promoting the yes vote on your poll. Stop claiming to be targeted by atheists and gay folks. Sensible people of all kinds think your position is stupid.

Soooo...As long as everyone agreed with him it was a fair poll. But since people who disagree with him chimed in it's been "hijacked" and is suddenly a pagan mockery of opinion-polling.

:icon-eek:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!

Here's Doug: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-steamingears: :angry-teeth:

Oh look, here's me: :music-tool:

More than 30,000 people read Doug's drivel? Holy shit. I mean I'm glad those 30,000 are FOR gay marriage but I'm not happy they all know who Doug Phillips is.

Not to worry. I'm pretty sure those 30k people never heard of the tool until the Ebil Atheist Gays like us spread the word and the link.

Poor interns, they must be falling over attempting damage control.

notsocommon & nimerha---LIKE TIMES A BILLION.

I want so badly to link the LOLDougs thread to the comments--his groupies would certainly get an eye full! But, I don't know how that would affect FJ as a whole (legally?), and I don't want to have to clean shit-stained carpets today (I know everyone is supposed to take a turn, but I just don't feel like it today).

ETA Riffles

P.S. I'm a Christian who has been promoting the yes vote on your poll. Stop claiming to be targeted by atheists and gay folks. Sensible people of all kinds think your position is stupid.

I answered the poll from my Christian perspective. I'm not a Christian, but I try to understand the Bible. As an atheist who used to be Christian, I have come to the conclusion that you need to examine the Bible while still focusing on its main message: the double commandment of love. God became man in Christ to show us his love and deliver us from evil. This commits us to (seek to) live out God's love in our relationship with our fellow man, as the double commandment of love (Luke 10:27) commands us to. I think the homosexual love is a reflection of God's love as much as heterosexual love is. A Christian marriage is simply a marriage where the spouse wishes to live with God, which makes it a marriage between Christian spouses. :) Someone named Tabby told me I was "so deceived" when I tried to explain my interpretation (who is that person anyway? she is rude and complains about FJ).

Good job, everyone!

When I voted "Yes" at VF I was just under #200 - just looked and there are now 36,000+ "Yes" votes.

I'm glad that many people have VF & Dougie on their radar - the more people that know & see this stuff for the crackpot BS it is, the better. These assholes get away with their scams because they're usually careful to fleece only the sheeple who tend to believe all that is spewed by VF.

Dear VF Interns & other VF sycophants who read here: the Bible has an excellent description of your idol, Doug Phillips at Matthew 23:27 (http://bible.cc/matthew/23-27.htm).

Doug Phillips is a Tool

More than 30,000 people read Doug's drivel? Holy shit. I mean I'm glad those 30,000 are FOR gay marriage but I'm not happy they all know who Doug Phillips is.

Unlikely. I only occasionally read VF drivel, but if I could access FB on this computer I would vote in Dougie's poll. PZ Myers' Pharyngula makes a frequent point of sending out his followers to skew fundie or anti-science polls. Just because they voted doesn't mean they actually understand that Doug Phillips is a tool.

Hannah Joy: "Unbelievers agree to disagree and stop judging us for our beliefs, You begin attacking us for what? a poll? Are we not allowed to have our opinion as well? If we are the minority than so be it, let us be the minority. The poll was sabotaged a cry to be heard and "force" your opinion on someone who does not believe like them. We do not "Troll" homosexual polls or websites.

The irony doesn't even register :doh: They want to be allowed to express their opinion, but if we express ours we are attacking them. Yes, you are in the minority, the poll shows that, and you are clearly butthurt over it. They may not "troll" homosexual polls/websites (although I wouldn't believe that), but they make up for it by all their real-life trolling. You want to deny rights and privileges to homosexuals and make the into second-class citizens, while we are voting on a public poll on fucking facebook. Yes, clearly those things are equal :roll:

I voted. I'll help out...I'm part of a group that is supportive of homosexual rights in Nebraska, and we helped a local gay couple win a dream wedding. I'm sure they would like to give their input :-)

Not to worry. I'm pretty sure those 30k people never heard of the tool until the Ebil Atheist Gays like us spread the word and the link.

Poor interns, they must be falling over attempting damage control.

You're right, I missed a whole page while reading this thing. In that case, well played to us liberal pagan atheist heathens. Well played, indeed.

Archived