IGNORED

Doug's Poll on Gay Marriage

DomWackTroll

Yep, he's taken down the link to the poll on FB and posted this:

"Take a Good Look at These Poll Results: Just before midnight last night there were under 1600 votes on the Vision Forum poll about same sex-marriage. The overwhelming majority of the votes (just under 90%) were in opposition to President Obama's declaration in favor of same-sex marriage. But somewhere between midnight and 7:00 A.M. an unprecedented 21,500 plus people voted in favor of homosexual marriages, thus reversing the poll statistics to approximately 90% of Vision Forum poll participants favoring homosexual marriage, and 10% opposing. Does this sound fishy to any of you?...The Vision Forum Facebook page also had a huge rise in posts from individuals whose personal FB pages indicated they are part of the homosexual community or a strong supporter of it. (Where the posts took the name of the Lord in vain, they were deleted.)"

facebook.com/visionforum?ref=mf#!/visionforum/posts/10150139411579964

So "members of the the homosexual community" aren't allowed to have a say in civil rights laws? I would love to comment and say I find it fishy that so many people who appear to be part of the heterosexual community voted :roll:

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So "members of the the homosexual community" aren't allowed to have a say in civil rights laws? I would love to comment and say I find it fishy that so many people who appear to be part of the heterosexual community voted :roll:

This, this, this!

Homosexuals are not allowed to represent themselves on an issue that greatly impacts THEIR lives and has NOTHING to do with yours!??

Well fuck democracy, I guess. :evil:

He's deleting any posts that might disagree with him.

Doug Phillips is a TOOL.

I'm not banned, so I posted again about the development of marriage in the Bible and the importance "in my religion" of keeping vows. I also slipped in that I'm a war veteran. See what VF makes of that!

Keep refreshing, it wont be there for long.

I wonder how long it would be before he douched on the results.

Guess what, Douggie, You are on the losing team, and a tool.

Some of the comments are interesting

The only people the "tolerant" cannot tolerate are Christians. They can't stand the fact that there may be a moral truth b/c it may be difficult to live up to

Mari Pryor That's liberals for you! Can't win an argument on merit, so sabotage!

Tracy Babarsky There are a few groups here on facebook that exist to simply troll Christian pages and argue their wickedness. the NOM page is infested with them. Sadly it is very difficult on FB to remove trolls and once they start infecting your page it's harder to get rid of than roaches. Thank you Vision Forum for standing for the truth and for consistently presenting God's word to an unregenerate, wicked world. Sad that people like this have to cheat to make the polls and surveys show what is simply NOT true.

Jennifer Ross It's disgusting! Obviously those who support Vision Forum and their convictions are NOT in favor of homosexual marriage. It's amazing that so many decieved people would waste their time skewing the results of a poll that may make them look bad. Thankfully, the LORD still sits on the throne!

Nobody sabotaged or hacked their poll. Their angry because their side lost. They are like little kids who throw the game board over because they lost.

I wrote that they had not been hacked and suggested that if they only wanted like minded people to vote, they shouldn't create a public poll. Guess what? After only a few minutes, my comment was taken down. There is no little block for me to repost my comment.

Hey, Vision Forum. We know your interns read here. This forum will continue to exist and when people do a search on the name Vision Forum, Free Jinger will be one of the search results. You can block our post and lie about why, but the internet won't allow you to hide the truth.

"Take a Good Look at These Poll Results: Just before midnight last night there were under 1600 votes on the Vision Forum poll about same sex-marriage. The overwhelming majority of the votes (just under 90%) were in opposition to President Obama's declaration in favor of same-sex marriage. But somewhere between midnight and 7:00 A.M. an unprecedented 21,500 plus people voted in favor of homosexual marriages, thus reversing the poll statistics to approximately 90% of Vision Forum poll participants favoring homosexual marriage, and 10% opposing. Does this sound fishy to any of you?...The Vision Forum Facebook page also had a huge rise in posts from individuals whose personal FB pages indicated they are part of the homosexual community or a strong supporter of it. (Where the posts took the name of the Lord in vain, they were deleted.)"

facebook.com/visionforum?ref=mf#!/visionforum/posts/10150139411579964

(Emphasis mine.)

Somehow, I find it hard to believe that he went to check everyone's personal FB page. I smell buuuuuullshit...

Also, apparently, thousands of people voicing an opinion different from yours (an opinion available on a poll you created, no less!) = religious oppression, nay, war on Christianity? Isn't that a new one?

Why debrand, they only removed your comment because you took the Lord's name in vain. Somehow.

Maybe he scrambled the letters in my comment and somehow came up with an offensive phrase.

30,000 votes FOR gay marriage!

Oh hey look! Our very own Non-Duggar Josiah has chimed in:

Josiah Wolcott Somehow, if this poll was about a pedophile marrying a seven year old, people would shy away from saying marriage has "evolved"... just a thought.

Good to see young Josiah is maturing and becoming much more open minded as he gets older.... :roll:

Also:

Dear Vision Forum Interns,

If you gents hadn't been lying down on the job (wink nudge), this probably wouldn't have happened. Ok, it probably would have, but Lord Dougie has to blame someone, and you know it's going to be you. Now report to the VF dungeon (via the hidden door in Dougie's costume closet) and take your lashings like manly menz.

(Emphasis mine.)

Somehow, I find it hard to believe that he went to check everyone's personal FB page. I smell buuuuuullshit...

Also, apparently, thousands of people voicing an opinion different from yours (an opinion available on a poll you created, no less!) = religious oppression, nay, war on Christianity? Isn't that a new one?

I did not take God's name in vain, nor did I act rudely or indicate I am a member of the homosexual community. If they clicked my name, they would see I am a heterosexual woman with 9 people listing me as their mother. And two FB friends posted asking why my polite comments were removed... they were erased also. I noticed that at the beginning of the thread there were several comments that just said "Yes" or expressed support for libertarian ideals which I am assuming VF is okay with, and most of them were erased.

Yeah, they are being persecuted. Someone disagrees with me on the internetz!!! :roll:

"Yes it's very fishy. They shouldn't interfere. It's a bit like if you did a poll at a seafood event asking if people liked fish, but then a bunch of vegans showed up to ruin it. Not cool at all."

This might be my favorite quote. Somebody needs to teach this guy about statistics and all that fun stuff. Bad comparison, buddy. In a way, he's right (not really) though: clearly the poll was supposed to go THEIR way and validate THEIR opinion, so when others came along with their own valid opinions, it ruined it for them. Totally cool!

I just looked, I had missed a few of my supporters! Dougie did not get to them yet. Vision Forum interns are laying down on the job!

"Yes it's very fishy. They shouldn't interfere. It's a bit like if you did a poll at a seafood event asking if people liked fish, but then a bunch of vegans showed up to ruin it. Not cool at all."

This might be my favorite quote. Somebody needs to teach this guy about statistics and all that fun stuff. Bad comparison, buddy. In a way, he's right (not really) though: clearly the poll was supposed to go THEIR way and validate THEIR opinion, so when others came along with their own valid opinions, it ruined it for them. Totally cool!

Ignoring the (likely unintentional) bad pun, I think it is hilarious that this person chose such an apt metaphor. What on earth is the point of asking people at a seafood restaurant if they like fish? I guess "sampling bias" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_bias) is like "evolution" to these brilliant people? How dare people not already in a seafood restaurant come in and ruin a perfectly biased survey :roll:

All I can say is if you don't want people to vote for the other choice, DON'T GIVE THEM ANOTHER CHOICE TO VOTE FOR. It's not like you don't do that irl anyway.

Ignoring the (likely unintentional) bad pun, I think it is hilarious that this person chose such an apt metaphor. What on earth is the point of asking people at a seafood restaurant if they like fish? I guess "sampling bias" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_bias) is like "evolution" to these brilliant people? How dare people not already in a seafood restaurant come in and ruin a perfectly biased survey :roll:

It's like his thought process went something like "Fishy? Fish...fish....I've got it! You can get fish in a seafood restaurant, and only people who like seafood go there!I can compare this to our poll and be brilliant! Dougie will love me for this!"

I'm actually surprised he managed to lock the answers to the poll so that people couldn't add their own. He would have had some real fun with the kind of things true trolls would have added to that...

Oh hey look! Our very own Non-Duggar Josiah has chimed in:

Good to see young Josiah is maturing and becoming much more open minded as he gets older....

Josiah, you're a fucking moron. Marriage doesn't need to evolve to include grown men marrying young girls...it happened all the time, in biblical times and throughout history. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's religious extremists who defend a grown man marrying a 6-year-old girl, not the evil libruls :roll:

Josiah Wolcott Somehow, if this poll was about a pedophile marrying a seven year old, people would shy away from saying marriage has "evolved"... just a thought.

Josiah, show me in the Bible where it says an adult can't marry a child.

I did not take God's name in vain, nor did I act rudely or indicate I am a member of the homosexual community. If they clicked my name, they would see I am a heterosexual woman with 9 people listing me as their mother (...)

Yeah, they are being persecuted. Someone disagrees with me on the internetz!!! :roll:

Exactly - could this illustrate their unique brand of PR any better? God forbid the minions ever see the Enemy being anything else than the demon they paint them as, right?

And anyway, I am as gay as they come and you wouldn't be able to tell from my FB, mostly because there's so far no requirement to post a giant rainbow colored button on top of our profiles to make it easy on bigots (and I lock my personal data as tight as FB allows). Being a member of the "homosexual community", whatever the hell that means (are there meet-ups? Cards? Secret handshakes and invite-only orgies? Because I apparently am missing out) doesn't fricking define me. Bet Douggie would love it if it did: a lovely pink triangle on top of my profile picture and sewed on top of my clothes, perhaps?

And now it's all our fault.

Jackie Jerrolds Agnew Most likely some people from FreeJinger. they are Anti conservative. They like to post derogatory comments on conservative pages. Sorry that Trolls have attacked Vision Forum. :(

Anti-conservative? You mean PROGRESSIVE? Sorry to break it to you, Jackie, but liberals aren't out to get you. They're just looking to make the world a better place. Sometimes it's just not all about you.

Hannah Joy disgusts me beyond words. So haughty and arrogant! Too bad my troll-account has been blocked from their page (must have been quite some time ago, since I can't really remember why) because I would like to tell her one thing or two.

I hate how some "Christians" believe they have better morals or the "correct" morals:

Hannah Joy: "that is why we are to keep our children apart from those who do not believe like us, 1 Corinthians 15:33-34 "Do not be deceived; "Evil companions corrupt good morals, Awake to righteousness and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God, I speak this to your shame"

Oh the persecution complex:

Hannah Joy: "Unbelievers agree to disagree and stop judging us for our beliefs, You begin attacking us for what? a poll? Are we not allowed to have our opinion as well? If we are the minority than so be it, let us be the minority. The poll was sabotaged a cry to be heard and "force" your opinion on someone who does not believe like them. We do not "Troll" homosexual polls or websites.

57 minutes ago · 1

We are going to hell:

Hannah Joy: "All those who do not believe on Our Lord Jesus Christ and oppose his laws are going to hell. As Christians we show love by stating the truth, please do not feel free to twist my words. Homosexuality is a sin punishable by eternal death unless the Holy Spirit moves in their heart and chooses to shed light on their sin and give them life through salvation, the end."

Oh poor little Hannah! Same-sex-marriage is all about her and her pain on her little heart. :cry: :

Hannah Joy: Mr. Gibbons - You are inflicting pain on my heart as well, and you don't care, but this is not what makes you evil, just sinfull and lost. You did not "turn" from God, you never knew God.

Archived