IGNORED

Doug's Poll on Gay Marriage

DomWackTroll

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone posted the O'Reilly reasoning that because homosexuals can marry someone of the opposite sex, just like straight people, they have equal right. I first heard that rational on O'Reilly's show. Do any of you have any good arguments against it?

Yeah, heterosexuals can marry the person they love and are sexually attracted to, homosexuals can't.

ETA: That's not equal.

Bolded mine.

Who's throwing a tantrum? Not us. :D

I!! Think!!!!! She!!! Likes!! Exclamation!!!!!! Marks!!! Even!! More!! Than!!! Jessica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Separation of church and state was so the state could not "touch" the church. It wasn't so the church couldn't have any say in government issues. It was the other way around!! It was to protect the church but that's all twisted too and unfortunately most will believe whatever doctrine our public schools and forums have put into you your heads...

Uh.........

I'm a little speechless at the sheer stupidity of that.

This has GOT to be the result of brainwashing.

Dumbass does know that there are more than one religion in this country, right? So using this logic....any religion gets to tell the government what to do.

So I'm gonna found a religion right now (because I kind of want to tell the government what to do). It's going to be called Poka Polka Sunshine. Followers shall be called Pokers. Our belief is that dolphins, cats and dogs are supreme beings. A human only exists to serve DCDs. We are not created in their image because we are not worthy enough. When we think we are entertaining our..."spawn".... we are really entertaining them. That is all we need to know. Pokers can be identified by copious amounts of fur on clothing (dolphins do not contribute to this because they are the top of the supreme being food chain and we are not worthy to show our devotion to them by wearing their cast offs), or wearing a food dish on one's head (legal pictures should ideally have both).

There are a few beliefs that pokers want to have legislated:

1) If someone says "Do you want to see a picture of my cat?" everyone shall immediately drop everything and coo over picture. It doesn't matter if you are driving or dangling off of a building with one arm (Castle style!). This is to happen or you will suffer eternal suffering by having to live with a giant hairy fly buzzing around your head.

2) Every child shall have a dog or a cat. It doesn't matter if you are deathly allergic to them.

3) Every human shall see a dolphin show.

4) Healthcare means snuggle time with a cat or a dog.

I can't wait to legislate Poka Polka Sunshine. I never knew that separation of church and state means I get to tell the government what to do. *rubs hands together* I'm so excited!

Here's my contribution:

I'm a woman married to a man for a good long time, but I'm not a Christian. I do agree with President Obama's position. None of the countries that have same-sex marriage have forced churches to perform them; they are civil only. Obama is being the same way. If my gay friends decide to go to the courthouse and get married, how does that harm me and my husband? It doesn't. Reality check, Vision Forum--not everyone is you.

I'm not going to bother voting because no matter what the actual results are, Dougie's going to fix the poll so that it not only comes out in his favor, but decidedly so. I don't see any point in wasting my time.

He's also deleting comments. So he's trying to rig the commenting to make it look like the majority agree with him.

Fundie Fear at it's finest:

If we throw God out of the picture anything goes.

I don't understand people who believe that all of our laws came from God/the Bible. Didn't anyone try to teach them any history at all? I mean, not even history but just about the world? There are countries where the majority of citizens are non-theist, and even countries that have state-implemented Atheism and they still have laws. Laws that are in fact much stricter than ours.

You don't have to think it's right but at least acknowledge that it exists.

Fundie Fear at it's finest:

I don't understand people who believe that all of our laws came from God/the Bible. Didn't anyone try to teach them any history at all? I mean, not even history but just about the world? There are countries where the majority of citizens are non-theist, and even countries that have state-implemented Atheism and they still have laws. Laws that are in fact much stricter than ours.

You don't have to think it's right but at least acknowledge that it exists.

Yeah, and look at home peaceful and wonderful the Mid East is, with women who aren't submissive being killed and all. In countries that mandate the way of life Doug and company want, it's hell. Doug and his ilk live in a fantasy land.

They deleted my comments and banned me. I am hoping you guys will carry the torch.

I made a comment that Christ would never have treated people so poorly, and I pointed out that Sodom and Gomorrah were punished for a lack of hospitality rather than sexual sin. So God cares more about how you treat a stranger than who you sleep with. I am hoping that an FJer will continue pressing these points so the undecided people on there see them.

They deleted my comments and banned me. I am hoping you guys will carry the torch.

I made a comment that Christ would never have treated people so poorly, and I pointed out that Sodom and Gomorrah were punished for a lack of hospitality rather than sexual sin. So God cares more about how you treat a stranger than who you sleep with. I am hoping that an FJer will continue pressing these points so the undecided people on there see them.

I posted under my family-and-friends account, forgot to switch to my "public" account (which I use to post on things other than for family and friends), and already got deleted and banned. I'm wondering how long I can go under my using public-posting account before he catches on (the name should be a giveaway), and bans this account too.

I'm banned, sometime in the last hour or two. Isn't VF in central time? I'm on the east coast, and it's almost 2am here. Insomnia sucks, but my point is that some of the Dougie boys.. i mean the VF Interns.. are staying up way past the Lord's curfew. All I did was add a comment on the stupid amendment here, and I purposed to use all fundie-talk. BTW, i cleaned out my cookies and history and was able to vote again. Yes, I'm bored enough and have so much stress that I can't sleep - I believe I'll go clean off the computer again just to perhaps bring up the percentage to a bit over 18%. Completely off topic - it's nights like these that I wish the boys would/could sleep through massive cleaning of the house. I'm sure I could use this shitty nervous energy for something besides voting on Dougie's rigged poll.

It's about 25% now, so there must be more non-bigots aware of it.

ETA -- so glad I checked it just now, because I got to see this:

Yes 34.12% (666 votes)

666!

How did you manage to vote so often?

At least some of the comments are telling them where to get off . . .

70% for the Yes vote so far. I have a feeling that this one has bit Dougie on the backside.

DOUG PHILLIPS IS A TOOL!

Done.

Who else should we tell? I'd hate to see Dougie get a skewed result, not representative of the general public. :D

Oh, and I just sent it as well..... :lol:

I've posted over at the SMRT forums. So hopefully there will be a votes on there too.

Right now?

No-- 11.24% (2,190 votes)

Yes-- 88.21% (17,193 votes)

Not sure-- 0.56% (109 votes)

:lol: :banana-rainbow: :greetings-clappingyellow:

Right now?

No-- 11.24% (2,190 votes)

Yes-- 88.21% (17,193 votes)

Not sure-- 0.56% (109 votes)

:lol: :banana-rainbow: :greetings-clappingyellow:

This is awesome. And I don't think Dougie has 20,000 friend around to offset the sanity. He can delete the comments all he wants (love, love, love the self-righteous excuse for the censorship, btw), but at this point the sheeple have already seen the results. Love it :)

Gah. Edited because I should not be allowed to post from my phone. Stupid autocorrect.

You guys are the best! What the heck is Doug going to do with this? (Yeah, I know: Play the oppressed victim!) :lol:

Yep, he's taken down the link to the poll on FB and posted this:

"Take a Good Look at These Poll Results: Just before midnight last night there were under 1600 votes on the Vision Forum poll about same sex-marriage. The overwhelming majority of the votes (just under 90%) were in opposition to President Obama's declaration in favor of same-sex marriage. But somewhere between midnight and 7:00 A.M. an unprecedented 21,500 plus people voted in favor of homosexual marriages, thus reversing the poll statistics to approximately 90% of Vision Forum poll participants favoring homosexual marriage, and 10% opposing. Does this sound fishy to any of you?...The Vision Forum Facebook page also had a huge rise in posts from individuals whose personal FB pages indicated they are part of the homosexual community or a strong supporter of it. (Where the posts took the name of the Lord in vain, they were deleted.)"

facebook.com/visionforum?ref=mf#!/visionforum/posts/10150139411579964

Archived