IGNORED

Any Doctor Who fans?

Guest Member456

I liked the Christmas special, but my husband declared it stupid and stopped watching. I really hope that the next season improves.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i ordered this season on dvd. I really like Danny, Clara is getting annoying and am on the fence with the new doctor and it is probably due to too much Clara. So now we wait to see if Clara is pregnant or Danny comes back another way.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a former fan.

Loved the original series. Tom Baker is my favorite doctor and the first Romana my favorite companion. The reboot had a lot going for it. Loved Eccleston, and the first Tennant season.

I have a lot of problems with the new series, mostly with the forced romanctic feelings and total shitshows like the episode where a woman was turned into a paving stone but could still give her boyfriend BJs. The Martha season was painful to watch, while Donna was a real breath of fresh air the conclusion of that season was so awful I just fell asleep.

They brought back the Daleks so fucking often that I just couldn't take it anymore. I started watching the Amy Pond seasons with my boyfriend a year ago on the condition that I would watch no episodes with Daleks, Cybermen, or possibly even Weeping Angels, but eventually just lost interest.

Episode is bold...Love and Monsters...is one of the worst Doctor Who episodes. Though in some ways, it should be given a slight 'pass' since the ridiculous monster in that one was actually created by a 9 year old who won a competition.

Even though my screen name is Clara, she isn't my favorite companion. Donna is probably my favorite. I am in the minority here but I liked Rose and Amy a lot too. I found Martha to be kind of annoying.

Clara is okay. I am ready for a new companion though. I hope it's someone good and interesting.

The last couple seasons I seem to really like an episode or really hate it. No in between. I like Capaldi, in general. Though some of the stuff they have him doing/saying bugs me. Hate the sunglasses.

• 3 weeks later...

Argh, the sunglasses! So not a fan, although there are some funny moments with them, like in Inversion of the Zygons with Osgood. 

My major annoyance right now is that I only like about 50% of the Capaldi epsiodes. The rest of them have me either confused or annoyed, which I am perfectly happy to blame on the writers. Moffat! *shakes fist* Not a big Moffat fan, me.

This week was the first episode this season that actually got me interested. And Clara died (yay!). Now can we all move on and get a better show runner and a new companion who is actually well-written please?

but I can t wait for the Christmas episode. Kingston and Capaldi together? Swoon.

Wait....I hadn't heard that Alex Kingston would be in the Christmas special! Seriously?!?! EEK!! Yay!

I didn't realize Clara wouldn't make it to the end of the season. It was a really good episode.

This week was the first episode this season that actually got me interested. And Clara died (yay!). Now can we all move on and get a better show runner and a new companion who is actually well-written please?

but I can t wait for the Christmas episode. Kingston and Capaldi together? Swoon.

If. freeking. only. I want Moffat gone so badly. He's run my beloved show directly into the ground. DAMMIT BBC, HE'S SO FREEKING TIRED!

I still haven't found the time to watch any of this season, and I don't even care. That makes me so so sad.

Unrelated: @Blahblah, I'm pretty sure your icon is my current phone background.

• 2 weeks later...

@Destiny Moffat needs to stop writing anything and everything. He's so ridiculously sexist and actually not that good at being a writer, at least not with Dr Who. He's a bit better with Sherlock. His episodes are convoluted, not really comprehensible, and confusing in the plot. Like...what was even happening in Hell Bent? Whatever. It had Jenna Coleman in it so :D

So psyched about River being back, at least for the one episode. If only Moffat would just go. *weeps*

Clara dying was appropriately touching and tragic and tear-inducing....also, a woman wrote that episode, and it was one of my favorites for the season.

I've just started watching this season, too much hockey being watched in the house for my one little show.

Moffat was good with "Coupling" and some of his earlier Whos...but now it's starting to get tired, we really need a now vision for the show.

I didn't like Rose nor Martha..the whole Dr Love stuff was too  much. I can't remember any of  his earlier companions being so luvvy-dovey( my first Dr was Patrick Troughton)..

Donna was much more in the Sarah Jane mould, practical and took no nonsense from him.

Amy and Rory..I liked. Together anyway..Amy on her own was annoying in the early days but started to mature.

Clara..nope..nope..nope..Worse than Rose.

River...I love River. I want to see River and Capt Jack together..

Fave companions from Classic Who..Ace, Leela and Sarah Jane.

Least fave Mel and Adric.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Christmas special? Anyone?

Glad that Nardole will be hanging around.

Bit worried about Bill - struggled to understand her diction. Very garbled delivery. Will reserve judgement until we get the first proper episode.

I am also worried about Bill. Her voice is going to drive me insane. And is her character really dumb? If so, I am not a fan.

Christmas special was pretty good but I as so tired that I kind of missed the end. Oops.

I started watching Dr Who on Saturday nights with my husband waaaaay back in the days of Tom Baker. Kiddo's original name was that of a Tom Baker era companion-and child's best friend down the street had another companion from same era's name. My all time favorite episodes are "The Girl in the Fireplace"-it was on on my birthday! And the ones with Queen Victoria and the werewolves.

One of our cats is called Alfie (aka Stormageddon) and MissBlah's room is basically a shrine to the Doctor. Vincent and the Doctor is my all time favourite episode. Blink comes close though.

@Blahblah--Blink was terrifying, but I loved it! When we watched it for the first time I kept yelling at my husband to "pause it, pause it, PAUSE IT!". 

The angels, though scary, seemed to me to lose their fright factor in later episodes. I kind of wish they had been a one off villain rather than appearing again. 

My favorite episode is "Silence in the Library". My husband and I will joke with one another before entering a dark room: Not every shadow, but any shadow...

@Season of life... if the lights go out unexpectedly inevitably one of my family will say "Hey, who turned out the lights" in a deep, weird voice :D 

And yes, the angels should have been retired after that one perfect episode. MissBlah (she's 12) always wants to know why people don't just close one eye at a time. It's not "Don't wink"!!

5 hours ago, Blahblah said:

MissBlah (she's 12) always wants to know why people don't just close one eye at a time. It's not "Don't wink"!!

Huh. *scratches head* Well...yeah. Why didn't they? 

Your daughter is very sensible, and it should give you comfort to know she would handily survive her time in the TARDIS! :pb_lol:

Thank you, and thank MissBlah, for starting my day off with a smile and chuckle.

• 2 months later...

Anybody looking forward to the new season? I really can't stand moffat- I liked Clara okay, I wish she and Capaldi had some time free of Moffat. Moffat had some great storylines when he wrote just a few arcs here and there, but as the main writer it's just too much. When everything is a big surprise, you stop paying attention because nothing you see is true anyway. 

I have seen all of 9, 10, and 11s episodes numerous times but I barely remember what happens in 12s story line. But I think Strax is funny. 

Anybody looking forward to the new season? I really can't stand moffat- I liked Clara okay, I wish she and Capaldi had some time free of Moffat. Moffat had some great storylines when he wrote just a few arcs here and there, but as the main writer it's just too much. When everything is a big surprise, you stop paying attention because nothing you see is true anyway. 

I have seen all of 9, 10, and 11s episodes numerous times but I barely remember what happens in 12s story line. But I think Strax is funny. 

PREACH IT MY SISTER! *anti-Moffat high-5*!

I hate him and what he did to my beloved show.

I almost just want to skip this season and go straight to the next! They need to get an amazing new doctor, and an awesome writer. If they don't, I'm worried about the show. The ratings have gone down. 

Archived