IGNORED

Duggar/Query Courtship?

batwing

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was 17KAC at that time. Michelle was pregnant with Jordyn during that time, I believe.

You're right, it was.

Legos. LEGOS. oh my god. The depths they'll go to... I can't... I have no words.

I'd rather have this then TLC building a new home for Smuggar.

I bet Smuggar will just be moved to a different house... which is of course owned by Grandma. :roll:

If they're building a new house for one of the kids and their future spouse, it will be nowhere near as big is the TTH.

(can I ask why it's called the Tinker toy house?)

I bet Smuggar will just be moved to a different house... which is of course owned by Grandma. :roll:

If they're building a new house for one of the kids and their future spouse, it will be nowhere near as big is the TTH.

As far as I can tell, it's called the Tinker Toy house because it was built from two pre-made housing kits (they give you all the pieces and you have someone put it together). Hence, like you must piece together tinker toys, they had to piece together their home. :)

I thought TTH stood for Tontitown house. I guess I'm out of it. I missed the Lego speech, too. All the courtship/wedding episodes were so cringeworthy they literally turned my stomach.

I thought TTH stood for Tontitown house. I guess I'm out of it. I missed the Lego speech, too. All the courtship/wedding episodes were so cringeworthy they literally turned my stomach.

Trust me, you don't want to see the lego speech or JB's sexist speech afterward about listening (but not really) to your wife. Not to mention that "speech" needs to be had with his children way younger than that (and in a more mature manner).

And the courtship episodes creep me out too. It speaks to their immaturity when they have to have a chaperone around so they don't *gasp* kiss like normal engaged couples would.

JB was giving Josh a "pep talk" before his and Anna's wedding. He compared the mechanics of sex to Legos. Then warned Josh that sometimes the wimmenfolk like to natter on and on about stuff he isn't interested in, but that it's important to humor them and listen (or at least pretend to listen).

A Duggar/Query courtship would be the closest these young people can get to marrying your high school sweetheart. I would expect it to be less awkward than these courtships between strangers who've only talked to each other a few times at Gothard camp.

Michelle actually referred to it as the worlds largest tinker toy in the 16 Kids and Moving In special.

OMG you are so right Kitty!

It is a new courtship. My money is on Jill and the Glasses boy in the picture. Jboob was sitting pretty tight between those two!

I agree with the previous poster that it doesn't seem like the Duggars announce courtships. (They didn't announce Josh and Anna's and I don't think they'll announce the next one.) Which would be to their credit, if it were true. Anything they keep off the show/don't use as yet another way of attention-whoring is to their credit. Also, it could protect a lot of feelings if the courtship didn't work out. I feel like announcing the courtship in the show would put wayyy too much pressure on the guy to actually get engaged to the girl, and he wouldn't like it.

So, in short, I don't think we'll get an announcement. That eliminates one option for the Today show.

Oh god my brain just put the legos together!

What if the red door = the door to the tinker toy lovenest they are building or rehabbing for the duggar/query couple?

That's what I thought too--except, a new house for Josh and Anna (who would also be announced as expecting #3) instead of for the new couple. Possibly even a new house on the Duggar compound. However, someone pointed out that the red door is in all current TLC promos, so it may be meaningless.

I think mr and mrs assnugget will get the new house and the newlyweds will move into the old house with the birthing toilet. It should bring them luck. :lol:

Check him out->> cityofgravette-ar.gov/gravettelibrary.html

Goodness! he volunteers at a library that features an adult non-fiction section. Good thing his mom works there too to chaperone him around the biology and anatomy books.

Copy on the 'if it is a courtship' Peter - Jill hypothesis, just a feeling here. Though he appears to be younger than her.. and I don't think they would skip down the line to their teenagers.

I think mr and mrs assnugget will get the new house and the newlyweds will move into the old house with the birthing toilet. It should bring them luck. :lol:

:laughing-rolling:

Goodness! he volunteers at a library that features an adult non-fiction section. Good thing his mom works there too to chaperone him around the biology and anatomy books.

Copy on the 'if it is a courtship' Peter - Jill hypothesis, just a feeling here. Though he appears to be younger than her.. and I don't think they would skip down the line to their teenagers.

I still don't think they'd let Jill go. Who's closest to Peter's age?

I still don't think they'd let Jill go. Who's closest to Peter's age?

I don't know exactly how old he is, but is he was a teen in 2011 and graduated HS I presume he is now 18-20. Which puts him in Jinger or Jessa range.

I don't know exactly how old he is, but is he was a teen in 2011 and graduated HS I presume he is now 18-20. Which puts him in Jinger or Jessa range.

So Jana goes off to Gothard hell to avoid the courtship of a younger sister? Can't blame her, I guess.

So Jana goes off to Gothard hell to avoid the courtship of a younger sister? Can't blame her, I guess.

I wouldn't blame her one bit. There is a lot of bitterness that comes when a younger sibling (especially a sister) gets married before an older one (not in all situations, but many).

Legos. LEGOS. oh my god. The depths they'll go to... I can't... I have no words.

I'm tired right about now. I read this as the depths Legos will go in terms of, ahem, "insertion". :shifty:

Archived