FJismyheadship

I called Duggar Towing for a friend. And got john david. She needed to get her car moved back home from nashville arkansas. She lives near springdale so i went ahead and did it. He said he could do it and it would cost about four hundred dollars. When i asked he was up front about it being expensive. Just thought you guys might like to hear about it lol.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I called Duggar Towing for a friend. And got john david. She needed to get her car moved back home from nashville arkansas. She lives near springdale so i went ahead and did it. He said he could do it and it would cost about four hundred dollars. When i asked he was up front about it being expensive. Just thought you guys might like to hear about it lol.

So its like they don't care about competitive pricing or competing for business. Its just gonna come to them, at a premium prices because their family name is duggar.

Well at least there's one Duggar with some sense of honesty, I guess. What did he say about it being so much? I worked for a towing place for a while and getting a tow within a 5-mile radius of the shop was $56. Outside the 5 miles they charged per mile but it was a really low price.

I didn't really ask... I asked him if he could go that far. He said he could and I asked how much it would cost. He said "well it r going to be really expensive..." i told him i understood and asked for a quote. He said probably around four hundred dollars. I said i would let my friend know and let her decide.

What distance are we talking about? I paid $100 a few years ago for less than 10 miles.

edited to add:

Looked it up, 216 miles, 4 hours on mapquest. $400 doesn't sound too expensive to me.

I didn't really ask... I asked him if he could go that far. He said he could and I asked how much it would cost. He said "well it r going to be really expensive..." i told him i understood and asked for a quote. He said probably around four hundred dollars. I said i would let my friend know and let her decide.

well when you only work once a month you have to make up for it somehow.

Given he has to drive 216 miles there, then tow the car back 216 miles that's less than $1/mile. I doubt anyone will do it for cheaper.

It comes to about $1.76 a mile. Thats high by local standards here.

A cab costs $1.75 a mile here. I'm sure there's more gas usage and such that goes into keeping up a tow truck. Perhaps his overhead is such that he has to charge that much?

Asking for a tow over 200 miles is asking quite a bit. It's not like a tow down the road where you can get it done in a few minutes. Mr. Duggar is probably going to have to stop for food and such on the way.

so what did she do?

She went with a towing place in nashville because she was desperate to get home... I was kinda sad about that lol.

Given he has to drive 216 miles there, then tow the car back 216 miles that's less than $1/mile. I doubt anyone will do it for cheaper.

So much for my effed up math :oops:

well, at least it's cheaper than a cab ride. if i ever get drunk in springdale, i'll have jd tow my inebriated ass home.

IDK if I just think Smuggar is just so horrible, but JD is my favorite of the guys. He seems like a hard worker who catches on quickly. Maybe that's just how they are portraying him?

I couldn't help but think when I was watching some of the episodes that some of their daughters might be good with tools/fixing things as well (My 8YO daughter is so great, and looks to be following in her father's steps in Engineering) but they will never get the chance. :(

IDK if I just think Smuggar is just so horrible, but JD is my favorite of the guys. He seems like a hard worker who catches on quickly. Maybe that's just how they are portraying him?

I couldn't help but think when I was watching some of the episodes that some of their daughters might be good with tools/fixing things as well (My 8YO daughter is so great, and looks to be following in her father's steps in Engineering) but they will never get the chance. :(

There was a Season One episode where the kids switched jurisdictions and the girls spent the day working in the shop with Jim Bob while the boys cooked with Michelle. I didn't get the impression that the girls were all that interested in working on cars. But Joy was fairly young then and Hannie was a toddler, so maybe they'd be more into it if they had another chance to give it a try.

I have to admit that those Duggar gals were pretty handy at remodeling both at the TTH and at the Bateses.

Yes remember when they were building the big house and everyone over age 8 or something got a power drill (boys AND girls). I guess equality is only needed when they are faced with being homeless.

Yes remember when they were building the big house and everyone over age 8 or something got a power drill (boys AND girls). I guess equality is only needed when they are faced with being homeless.

They had the hand drills because TLC bought them and staged it all. Please, don't confuse a tv program with reality.

JD, out of the older boys, seems to me as the smartest. Like, a hidden intelligence. But then again, that could just be my little sis's rants about how "hawt" he is talking. :P

$400 is a bargain for a 400 mile round trip, at least by CA standards. Here I paid about $100 to get towed 2 blocks. Now that's highway robbery. I will never again let my Auto Club membership lapse.

I think $400 is fair. On one hand he seems honest to say it is expensive, but I think it wuld be more professional to say something like I usually do local tows, long distance would be calculated by milage. Even if he had to put you on hold to do the math and come back and say I charge $40 + so much per mile or however he would get the rate.

I got stuck about 200 miles from Utah in Wyoming along I-80. It was cheaper to rent a pick up truck and a car carrier pull my car back to Utah, rent another car put it on the car carrier and bring the pickup and carrier back to wyoming and drive the rental car back to Utah. The cheapest tow was about $800 and even though it was a LONG 600 mile day it cost me $250 with gas to do it myself.

They had the hand drills because TLC bought them and staged it all. Please, don't confuse a tv program with reality.

That's true.

I have to admit that those Duggar gals were pretty handy at remodeling both at the TTH and at the Bateses.

Too bad that in both families none of the girls will be able to pursue a career in that sort of area if they desired. Shows what a "nice" family they really are. Girls can only do what Daddy and Gothard approve of.

Archived