IGNORED

Susanna Keller wearing Short-shorts & Kellers Disowning Son

treemom

makepeace (06/12/11 01:39:31)

Guess it must be disconcerting when you're googling your own /your friend's name and come across boards like these.

ChickeyMonkey (06/12/11 02:20:30)

Wow, that came out of nowhere!

The Authoress (06/12/11 03:23:18)

I really do think this is her boyfriend. Hey bro, chill. Everyone here is rooting for Susanna and we think she's pretty awesome for living her own life. You would have got that basic idea if you bothered to read the thread.

Latraviata (06/12/11 04:45:42)

It means 'love' not physical love but 'affection'

SuzeK (06/12/11 06:50:00)

Your obviously NOT supportive of me if your gunna talk SHIT about MY boyfriend. I am in NO way shape or form a "celeb" and I don't deserve this. Yes, my brother and I were disowned by my parents, for trying to live a "normal" life. And it sucks, but your sympathy vote isn't helping. Thanks for the concern. But NO THANKS. And fyi LillyBee, he didn't get his nails polished. Just cleaned.

treemom (06/12/11 07:01:16)

Suze,

The nail polish refers to when we have people come here like nick James did, post I'm all caps, a very unintelligible message u instead of you) and tell us how much we suck. We start talking about pedicures instead. We are talking shit because his post is insane! Seriously.

Finally, I agree you didn't ask for this. If you notice Lots of us said that and actually said maybe we shouldn't be talking about the other Keller kids. We personally thing the patriarchal parenting style of your parents and the dug gars along with the more extreme views of the dug gars is dangerous and bad. No sympathy vote here I promise. I wish you, and all your siblings the best.

treemom (06/12/11 07:10:56)

I forgive them if only because autocorrect can be a bitch. But Ur is unforgivable to me. Type the damn word out!

tehgoobster (06/12/11 07:32:58)

Suze, I'm honestly sorry we upset you. :-( I don't know where anyone talked shit about your boyfriend, though. Personally, I was just kind of surprised that he came here so randomly and seemed upset when we really weren't saying anything bad about you or him. If anything, we were saying that it's cool that you have a boyfriend and are able to do your own thing. But again, I apologize if you're upset we were talking about you in general.

holly (06/12/11 07:34:28)

Am I the only one that is super excited that Suze said "shit"?

ukjingernut (06/12/11 07:48:23)

Suze...

I'm sorry you're upset. I know that I would be horrified to find an internet thread discussion dirty family business of mine. But the people here at FJ really do care. If you read some of the thread where people are talking more about themselves, you'll realise that many come from backgrounds similar to yours, and may understand a lot about what you've been through. We're not just treating you as a celeb to be gossiped over... we honestly do care.

*offers olive brance to Suze*

Sola (06/12/11 07:57:36)

Suze,

I don't think anyone here has taken the piss out of you or your boyfriend.

The nail polish thing is something we do whenever a fundie arrives and starts shitting on our rug; We all start talking about nail polish and make up instead of engaging that person.

FWIW everyone here is massively supportive of you and and your brother. If you read through the thread properly you will see that.

Triplet3 (06/12/11 08:12:13)

Susanna, none of us on here have been making fun of either you or your boyfriend, despite the fact that he came on here and insulted us all (even though we have been saying nothing negative about you). In fact the opposite - if you read the whole thread you'll see that we ARE supportive of you and wish you only the best. Of course we're sorry that you're in a sucky situation, but we really do admire the fact that you managed to escape the extreme fundamentalist/patriarchal lifestyle and now have so many more options and opportunities in your life than do the Duggars.

I understand how disconcerting it must be for you and your boyfriend to find a thread such as this, but please don't judge us before reading and taking in what we've been saying. Incidentally, many of the posters on this forum have been through/are in the same situation as you - they know what it's like to be shunned by fundamentalist family members. They find this forum to be an ideal place to discuss the various issues and to find support and healing. If you take the trouble to stick around and contribute to the forum further then you might well find it an equally useful place. I haven't been a member of this forum for long, but I know that people here are very supportive in general.

deelaem (06/12/11 08:53:31)

Gosh, Nick and Suze sound like very young teenagers, don't they? I can understand Suze acting like that because of being sheltered for most of her life. Don't know what Nick's story is, and frankly don't really care. For me, it's really hard to take a post like that seriously. When (if?) they mature they'll understand more what FJ is all about.

debrand (06/12/11 09:05:54)

I have no idea if this is really the young woman or her boyfriend. If it is... so what? Her face book profile is public and people can comment on it. Even if we did not talk about her site, it doesn't change the fact that people have opinions about others that they may or may not express. Some of the people that come here act as if they thought that if we didn't exist that no one would think anything negative about them.

The comments toward this particular poster have been positive. She can't be upset that we have been negative toward her. Her problem must be with people talking about her at all, but if that is so, she is going to have to hunt down every friend, relative or associate that she has. Guess what, Susanna? People are talking about you behind your back, even now. People who have no connection to this site are having a conversation about you. That is life.

This might not be Susanna. If it is really her, she and her boyfriend come off as very, very silly and immature.

Please don't apologize to her. We've done nothing wrong.

deelaem (06/12/11 09:16:23)

Your post gave me a thought, debra. Maybe Suze (if it is her) reacted that way because she's been conditioned since birth to always defend the men? I'm sure that she feels her boyfriend is in charge of their relationship because she hasn't been out of patriarchy that long. And she would never think to be outwardly glad about our support of her because she's always been told not to glorify herself in any way. Just a thought...

tehgoobster (06/12/11 09:17:01)

Well, I think the situation with her family is probably really hard on her, and I feel bad if we've made her feel worse, know what I mean?

theologygeek (06/12/11 09:22:03)

I like her already.

Triplet3 (06/12/11 09:24:18)

I agree. And calling her 'very, very silly and immature' isn't helping anything. Now if she ever does come back to this thread, she'll just see that and think that we're all negative and mean, ignoring the fact that the overwhelming majority of us have been completely positive towards her and want her to know that we're supportive.

justlurking (06/12/11 09:26:19)

Co-sign. If either person had taken even a little time to read the thread they would've known that we weren't "talking shit" about them. I know she's breaking out of fundieism and all, but perhaps her immaturity explains some of the problems she's been having with her family (if this poster truly is the real Suzanna Keller).

t0r0sebud1 (06/12/11 11:51:49)

I don't blame Suzanna for being a little upset and no I don't think she or her boyfriend are being immature for their ages. She didn't ask for this fame and for people to talk about her and it must be horrible to be shunned by her parents. I know she had her Facebook open, but still she probably experiences this as a violation. Whether or not it is Suzanna writing, I suggest that the real Suzanna join this forum using another handle to get support so she does not reveal her identity (at our best, we really are a good support), reset her Facebook profile to private, and try to scrub as much information about her from the major search engines. I know there are places you can pay to have that done. If I were her, I would chalk this up to lesson learned and do my best to become an anonymous citizen.

I'm also not blaming the folks who were writing about her and rooting for her. With every act of rebellion, we were cheering her on and saying, Go Suzanna. She is our very own Free Jinger and we were (and still are) rallying around her.

Last Edited By: t0r0sebud1 06/12/11 11:53:59. Edited 1 times.

debrand (06/12/11 12:04:44)

Although I have a lot of sympathy for her plight, I don't understand how a supportive thread could hurt her. No one has said anything bad about her or her boyfriend.

Please remember, no one knows if this is actually Suzanna or her boyfriend. Why would either of them resurrect a thread about themselves if they wanted us not to talk about them?

reema1004 (06/12/11 13:24:04)

I looked over this thread and didn't see anybody make fun of her or her boyfriend. If anything, we're all thrilled that some are breaking away from this protective bubble they grew up in and want to just a live normal life. It sucks that the end result of it was being disowned by their own parents but if anything, most of us on here are supportive.

I still don't know if they're actually Nick and Susanna who wrote those replies. For all we know, some random person might have created those accounts. Find it weird how this thread on the 2nd or 3rd page and somehow they wanted to comment on it.

t0r0sebud1 (06/12/11 13:34:20)

I agree this thread is supportive. Just saying that whether it is supportive or not and whether this was Suzanna and her bf or not, the ways people can do a deep Google search are a little frightening to me and I might feel a little weirded out even if people were saying good things. I did a search on myself through a website someone mentioned here and I was horrified to find my minor son named as well as a record of my interests. I know it was my own fault but still...so I can relate to the poor girl.

Archived