IGNORED

What's going on with Jana

SpeakNow

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year, there were speculations on where Jana has disappeared off too. When the new season premiered, Jana was rarely on the show and was a no show on some of their book signing appearances. Pictures were found later that she went on that Journey to the Heart trip without her sisters in August/September, I believe. Journey to the Heart is just one of Gothard's "re-education camps" where he tells you your flaws and how it's frowned upon in God's eyes and brainwashes you into believing his doctrine. Pretty much, he makes you feel like shit until you start drinking his kool aid to feel better.

Has this happened again recently? Oh Jana, slip me a note and I will drive all the way to Arkansas and rescue you. Or Florida or wherever your lame ass family has drasgged you now, I mean it.

I have a question. If Journey to the Heart is a re-education camp, and Jana and the rest of the J'slaves got sent there, what did the others do? Has Jana been sent multiple times? Have the others? Have Joseph or JD been sent there?

I've looked at the actual page for JTTH, of course it won't say that it's brat camp, but seeing Jill, Jessa, and Jinger there makes me wonder...

These cults can "re-educate" to their heart's content, but if someone is dealing with a serious health problem, like depression or mental illness, it's only going exacerbate things.

Jana always seemed a bit sad to me. I hope she's not suffering from depression.

I have a question. If Journey to the Heart is a re-education camp, and Jana and the rest of the J'slaves got sent there, what did the others do? Has Jana been sent multiple times? Have the others? Have Joseph or JD been sent there?

I've looked at the actual page for JTTH, of course it won't say that it's brat camp, but seeing Jill, Jessa, and Jinger there makes me wonder...

Rumor has it that Josh was sent to some type of Gothard boot camp when he was about 16.

I think that Jana has been sent to JTTH at least twice, once without her sisters. I think that the fact that she is not on the Santorum love train speaks volumes.

Poor thing. If indeed she is depressed, she must feel utterly hopeless looking down the road at the future Boob will insist on for her. She could be doing so much with her life right now if she weren't under the control of these doofuses. What would it take for her to say, I'm out?

It's typical to send all teenagers to get a handle on that whole independence thing that happens to teens when they figure out they're growing up and might make choices of their own. After that if they try to exert any of that it's time to send them back.

Has this happened again recently? Oh Jana, slip me a note and I will drive all the way to Arkansas and rescue you. Or Florida or wherever your lame ass family has drasgged you now, I mean it.

I'll ride shotgun and pay for the gas.

I have to wonder why we haven't seen Jill or Jessa "disappear" on one of these journeys. IMO they seem much more worldly and prideful then Jana ever was.

It's not that Journey is a re-education camp, per se; in fact, I'm sure that some girls probably look forward to it (and I've seen as much on some other blogs). It's that WHILE you're at the camp, they employ tactics that serve to reinforce the cult mindset - one of the counselors might "feel" someone's "holding back a sin" and "holding everyone back" (sin in the camp! literally!) until one by one the girls confess everything that might be on their minds or not. On the Journey the Duggar girls went to, one of the girls in one of the other cabins was supposedly bringing an evil spirit with her and her whole group was under demonic attack, with "weird things" happening. Think Salem witch hysteria.

So on the face of it, the girls are going to a camp with tubing and hiking and normal, nice retreat-type things, and I'm sure for some of the girls that's what they get. But it apparently has the potential to quite easily become a fasting, cleaning, hysterical pressure-cooker. It's been implied somewhere (can't remember where; maybe TWOP?) that the counselors are told they should "feel that someone's holding something back" to get things stirred up and really let the girls "empty" their hearts.

Since Jana had been looking especially grim, and then you heard her on the podcast, about how she'd had resentments, it was speculated that she, in particular, had been sent to get an extra dose of the kool-aid. That doesn't mean it's always used for re-education purposes, if that makes sense.

There was an episode that talked about her doing weight watchers with her mom. It was the episode where JB goes with them. I wonder if she went because her parents thought that she had gained too much weight or if she was being forced to stay by her parents at all times. I always feel sorry for her. She is never allowed to fully speak her mind.

Right now I think Jana is at at home with Grandma Duggar taking care of all the younger ones, while the parents and the olders are on the Santorum campaign trail.

I believe there was a discussion about this somewhere, but can't remember, how Jana stayed back, and the family went campaigning, and the parents possibly have flown back-and-forth many times to Arkansas.

Not positive though.

I am pretty sure she is not at The Journey to the Heart retreat.

I have the theory that Jana isn't sent really for "re-education" but that she is asking to go. (she's also been going on a lot of mission trips, which in gothard land tend to be carefully controlled poverty chic tours) My theory is that she is trying to take as many opportunities to get out of the household, away from all her chores and with any small hope, maybe meet a husband on one of the co-ed trips mission trips. (I'm sure those things are complete chaperoned but she might get an opportunity to say talk to a guy who she isn't related to, which is a total plus)

OMG, that podcast! The guy was so enthusiastic he was scarey. And Priscilla does sound like a little girl just mouthing her scripture memorization.

She's stuck at home caring for all the howlers. And Joseph is there in case anything breaks.

I think she's still being punished for whatever transgression she committed last year. Because we all know that a 21 year old woman cannot talk to a member of the opposite sex unless daddy pre-approved him, and the whole family is sitting in the room at the time, or are allowed to read each and every text sent.

Free Jana!

I have the theory that Jana isn't sent really for "re-education" but that she is asking to go. (she's also been going on a lot of mission trips, which in gothard land tend to be carefully controlled poverty chic tours) My theory is that she is trying to take as many opportunities to get out of the household, away from all her chores and with any small hope, maybe meet a husband on one of the co-ed trips mission trips. (I'm sure those things are complete chaperoned but she might get an opportunity to say talk to a guy who she isn't related to, which is a total plus)

This is a pretty good point actually, the more non-family connections she can make the better for her if she wants to try and get out of there.

She could just be anti-camera and wants to back away from the limelight to find a guy. I'm sure the reason why the girls are not in a courtship is because majority of the guys do not want to have a camera follow them around all day. Perhaps Jana thinks that by backing away from the cameras more and more, it'll make it easier for her to find someone and escape from her cult like home.

As for the Journey, perhaps JB and Michelle sent all their older girls to it to make sure that they were keeping their hearts pure and staying "on track" with their cultish behavior. I think Jana might have went back last year for depression. I've read their itinerary and at one point the girls have one-on-one time with Gothard himself. Wouldn't surprise me if then that's when he tells the girls what sins they have been causing and how to "change" it. (i.e. scare the crap out of them until they are forgiven)

It's not that Journey is a re-education camp, per se; in fact, I'm sure that some girls probably look forward to it (and I've seen as much on some other blogs). It's that WHILE you're at the camp, they employ tactics that serve to reinforce the cult mindset - one of the counselors might "feel" someone's "holding back a sin" and "holding everyone back" (sin in the camp! literally!) until one by one the girls confess everything that might be on their minds or not. On the Journey the Duggar girls went to, one of the girls in one of the other cabins was supposedly bringing an evil spirit with her and her whole group was under demonic attack, with "weird things" happening. Think Salem witch hysteria.

So on the face of it, the girls are going to a camp with tubing and hiking and normal, nice retreat-type things, and I'm sure for some of the girls that's what they get. But it apparently has the potential to quite easily become a fasting, cleaning, hysterical pressure-cooker. It's been implied somewhere (can't remember where; maybe TWOP?) that the counselors are told they should "feel that someone's holding something back" to get things stirred up and really let the girls "empty" their hearts.

Since Jana had been looking especially grim, and then you heard her on the podcast, about how she'd had resentments, it was speculated that she, in particular, had been sent to get an extra dose of the kool-aid. That doesn't mean it's always used for re-education purposes, if that makes sense.

Where did you get the info about the time the duggar girls went? did you read it somewhere because I would like to read that.

Archived