IGNORED

James Ference marrys again! Wife #5 is 19 - PICTURE

[attachment=0]chelseaick.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]chelseaick.jpg[/attachment]So James Ference is now married to wife #5. His divorce with Natalie Nyquist/Jacobs was final on December 5 (link: https://w3DOTcourtlink.lexisnexis.com/c ... nce&CDate=) and if you go to Facebook and search for Chelsea Ference you will find the one result is a rather nauseating picture of the two of them. I'll post a link to the marriage license as soon as I find it. Someone else come across it?

Any guesses on her maiden name or age? I'm guessing 19 -20 from the high school graduation date on her profile.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this was impossible given the existence of the "James Ference is a Liar" website and the discussion of his previous marriage to Natalie, which should come up in any search of his name. This is unfortunate to say the least. Given that his new wife is only 19, perhaps there's some hope that some day she'll do a couple of basic google searches and get out of his clutches before too long? Before he completely ruins all her finances? Here's hoping...

Jesus H. Christ on a recumbent bicycle.

2 seconds on google and I think I found her twitter: http://twitter.com/ANewMonkey

"19 years old and just got married to the awesomest guy around. I'm into cooking, baking, and having sex. =)"

Seems she stopped tweeting after a few days, though.

HOLY F#$#$#K.

HOW is this guy snowing these women? He has nothing going for him (and he's a criminal--not that his wives know that from the get-go, but still), yet he's managed to somehow sucker FIVE women into marrying him.

The previous four wives should get together to warn this one before it's too late.

Guest Anonymous

He is so damned creepy. I wonder if she has no idea about his past or if he showed it to her and convinced her it was just his bitter, evil, exes telling lies?

Ok I'm living under a rock, who is this guy what is his claim to fame besides multiple marriages to young women??

Yeah, I'm not up on it either, except that I get that he is a scumbucket of the highest order. Not sure how this is fundy-related.

Yeah, I'm not up on it either, except that I get that he is a scumbucket of the highest order. Not sure how this is fundy-related.

It's a long, loooong story, but the essence of the fundie connection is that his fourth wife was well-known (in fundie circles) blogger/writer Natalie Nyquist.

One of his marriages was to Natalie - forget maiden name - one of the founders of YCLF. You know, the big promoters of "courtship" because it protects delicate young ladies. Her dad is a bigshot at Moody Bible Inst. in Chicago. There was an epic thread about her on the old board and she posted about her marriage to James. I'll try and find it.

Looks like she comes from a whackadoodle family. Admittedly, it's cursory glancing that gave me that impression, but still. On her Twitter she said 'hi dad' and I clicked on his profile and from there, to his web site. He thinks he is a philosopher who knows things others don't because he's special.

wix.com/curthodapp/theperson#!

And because I am queen Time Waster today, I found wedding pictures.

facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2165258502085.2103086.1565323616&type=3

My bet is that she is either purposely trying not to see anything wrong in her marriage OR James has told her, but spun the story into making him look like the good guy and she fell for it. At 19, I'm sure that she thinks this marriage is the best possible thing in the world and I'd imagine that she can't imagine her marriage ever failing.

"I'm into cooking, baking, and having sex. =)"

Well me too honey, but you can sure as hell bet that my public Twitter page will say nothing of sort.

Up to his old tricks, I see: the wedding was around Halloween, but his divorce wasn't final until December 5.

Good luck, Chelsea... you'll need it. Hint: use birth control. Two methods.

Guest Anonymous

I found the story in a nutshell by bea on the old forum.

Interested parties, start here:

http://freejinger.yuku.co...Courtship-stories?page=3

Short form:

YLCF blogger Natalie goes through courtship, marries seemingly-perfect USAF guy with blessing of her family (including her dad, at the time head of Avant Ministries)

After less than a year of marriage, husband files for divorce and kicks Natalie out.

Natalie spends some time recovering, does some writing for YLCF, plans book or two.

Natalie drops off YLCF, all her content is scrubbed from the site, her personal blog goes dark, and she disappears.

Then she reappears, married to someone else.

The someone else is James Ference, who turns out to be a con man and serial adulterer with three marriages under his belt at the ripe old age of 34. Natalie is wife #4. Probably important to note that Natalie knew nothing of this and thought she was his second wife. FJers notice his sketchiness and do some background research. FJers appropriately appalled by what they find. Anonymous blog begun by NON-FJers called "James Ference Is A Liar" starts tracking his history, criminal record, etc.

Breach with YLCF continues. Natalie (and James) open their own blog. Breach with YLCF blamed, by Natalie, on the fact that she married without her parents permission or even knowledge. Lots of declarations of love, adoration, and complete happiness.

Natalie is pregnant!

Everything blows up. James' ex-wives (and one ex-lover, the mother of his out-of-wedlock child) join FJ and post their stories. Natalie discovers site, confronts James, has a baby boy, leaves James just a few weeks post-partum and moves back to be with her parents.

(Her dad, by the way, is now President of Moody Bible Institute, so he's fairly high-profile in the fundie world)

Natalie files for separation.

Natalie files for divorce.

Whew. That's quite a ride. There's other stuff in there, too - claims by YLCF girls that Natalie wasn't being truthful, that Natalie is mentally ill, etc. as well as a fair amount of snark and horror. James Ference seems to be a thoroughly bad egg and IMHO, she's well rid of him.

Guest Anonymous

Good find.... I am spluttering here at the "I love baking, cooking and sex!" and "Hi Dad" on a 19yr old's Twitter.

The dad seems like a loon.

Poor, silly girl.

Thanks for the info. Hope Natalie, and the baby, of course, are doing well without said scumbucket.

Hope new wife follows above advice on BC and gets out quick (annulment, anyone?)

Shaking head.

Does the (teenaged) wife #5 even know there was a divorce to be had? I can't imagine she knows his history and still married him; I can't imagine a father letting his 19 year old daughter do that. Not without a fight anyway; of course parents (non fundie parents, that is) can't force a 19 year old to do or not do something. But, given Ference's history, I doubt any of them know anything. Or at least not nearly enough and not the truth.

What's more, I can't imagine anyone in the 21st century would hook up with someone without doing some Googling. Maybe I'm just a cynic though, but it's so easy to do a basic 'check' on someone you're getting involved with.

:clap: Bravo for the recap.

So Natalie is now an Orthodox Christian.

My only question, so as not to hijack the thread, was she revirginized after wedding #1. Why didn't she question the previous marriages listed on Ferrances part of the marriage cert.

This can all wait.

So was the Oct 30 Halloween marriage a joke one? If he wasn't divorced til December 5? :shock:

Wasnt there some question about when he and Natalie and married and when divorce #3 actually was finalized?

My bet is that she is either purposely trying not to see anything wrong in her marriage OR James has told her, but spun the story into making him look like the good guy and she fell for it. At 19, I'm sure that she thinks this marriage is the best possible thing in the world and I'd imagine that she can't imagine her marriage ever failing.

Wen I was 19, I fell hard for a guy who was 40. He was sleazy and a surefire loser, but I was so head-over-heels with him I conjured up plenty of excuses to patch the inconvenient gaps between his excuses. There was no way I could have been talked out of it, and if he'd asked me to marry him I would have done it in an instant. It didn't end well, and I was devastated for a long time afterward, but looking back? I dodged a bullet.

So I can easily see how this young woman could marry James Ference, even if she did Google him. He's obviously a charmer and very persuasive, and who is she going to believe? The guy who is right in front of her, telling her he loves her, making her feel like the center of the universe? Or a bunch of angry strangers with an axe to grind on the Internet?

Omg not again. There is no way ferrence has cleaned up his act this quickly. That poor girl. Btw can someone put a clickable link? I'm on my kobo and editing is hard.

Wen I was 19, I fell hard for a guy who was 40. He was sleazy and a surefire loser, but I was so head-over-heels with him I conjured up plenty of excuses to patch the inconvenient gaps between his excuses. There was no way I could have been talked out of it, and if he'd asked me to marry him I would have done it in an instant. It didn't end well, and I was devastated for a long time afterward, but looking back? I dodged a bullet.

So I can easily see how this young woman could marry James Ference, even if she did Google him. He's obviously a charmer and very persuasive, and who is she going to believe? The guy who is right in front of her, telling her he loves her, making her feel like the center of the universe? Or a bunch of angry strangers with an axe to grind on the Internet?

Exactly! For whatever reason, I'm sure this woman has her reasons for looking the other way. So many women, including bright and talented ones, fall for all the wrong guys for many different reasons. The only hope I have is that this woman realizes the actual situation she's in and get out soon!

Archived