IGNORED

Keller Family Reunion (MERGED)

xReems

The parents were invited, Susanna posted on her facebook that they decided not to come although they had previously said so and planned it around their schedules.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, the brothers being so young explains them not being there, I guess Daddy Keller stopped them from even thinking about it.

Seriously, I give the Keller children a lot of credit for even WANTING them there.

Also I am impressed by Susanna going her own way at this pretty young (19?20?) age!

Where do Esther & John live? Who knows if it really took up all their savings, but it wouldn't be unlikely with 7 children and one income.

Probably did. They live in buttfuck Oregon. Rural Oregon, excepting the coast, may as well be called fundieland. They would have had quite a drive to Portland and who knows if there are direct flights to Houston since Portland isn't exactly a huge hub? Tickets, hotel, events, food, etc. had to cost a pretty penny for a family of 9.

And yeah, Smuggar had veggies on his plate. The question is: did he actually EAT them? I predict he'll be bigger than Esther's husband by the time he's 30.

Are older pics of the Keller kids online somewhere?

I am really curious to see what Susanna & Rebekah looked like in their fundy years.

kellers.png

I posted it a couple years ago on the old forum. I Googled "Michael Keller Freedom in Truth Prison Ministry" and a website came up with a newsletter from Mr. Keller and that picture was included. It was PDF so I had to zoom waaaay in, which is why it's so grainy. I can't find the newsletter anymore though, I just looked for it.

I posted it a couple years ago on the old forum. I Googled "Michael Keller Freedom in Truth Prison Ministry" and a website came up with a newsletter from Mr. Keller and that picture was included. It was PDF so I had to zoom waaaay in, which is why it's so grainy. I can't find the newsletter anymore though, I just looked for it.

Ah. Just curious if there was as an untapped (by me) source of information about the Keller family, because I find them so fascinating. It makes me feel like a creepy stalker, but I have a ton of respect for the Keller kids (seriously, I do, if any of you happen to be reading this) which is why I'm curious about them.

Ah. Just curious if there was as an untapped (by me) source of information about the Keller family, because I find them so fascinating. It makes me feel like a creepy stalker, but I have a ton of respect for the Keller kids (seriously, I do, if any of you happen to be reading this) which is why I'm curious about them.

Suze has posted here and according to one poster who knows the Kellers, Daniel has viewed this forum before.

Interesting. Where did you find this photo?

Oh, Ma Keller and her infamous glasses.

My guess:

top left- Esther

top right, next to Mom- Rebekah

center- Priscilla?

bottom left- Susanna

bottom right-Anna

Wonder what made Susanna go anti-fundy at such young age. Her picasa page has a couple of pictures in which she looks about 16 and wears definitely not-fundy approved clothing.

I admire her so much for going against her family's values. God knows it's still hard for me at 27 and there's no religion involved.

Wonder if Rebekah became less fundy before she married or if it all happened after she married. I read somewhere that the parents are still talking to her because she's now under her husband's authority, not her dad's anymore. So it's not as bad when she becomes worldly different story for Susanna and Daniel.

So that would make for her having become worldly AFTER the wedding?

FYI, if you go to look at the pics there's a fairly graphic photo of a dead dolphin lying on the beach. The other pics are really cute and it looks like everyone had fun. I don't like to see little kids on horses without helmets on, though.

Not only was no one wearing a helmet, but also wearing sandals. That is super dangerous!

Nice to see all of those women in pants though! Did I see a little girl in SHORTS?

According to Susanna's facebook page, on Monday Esther and Candice was still there (I guess the reunion was still going on? Anna might've been there too, but she doesn't have a fb to get tagged) and it sounds like the girls went to have Susanna try on wedding gowns and bridemaids' dresses. So it sounds like Esther, and possibly Anna, will be at the wedding...

Looking at the old pic of the Kellers, Esther was cute! And I'm surprised she now goes for the Keller blondish/brownish color. Both she and Anna look better when they have darker hair, in my opinion.

Oh, Ma Keller and her infamous glasses.

That's Ma Keller with the glasses? I thought it was a boy!! :?

I just don't understand it. I guess I can somehow see in a strange universe why the parents wouldn't want them to attend and how their decision would influence the younger boys still living at home with them, but why not Priscilla? I would think that Josh and Anna and Esther and her husband would have somewhat of an influence on Priscilla with them being fundies and still going and all. The only speculation I could come up with is that maybe her husband to be was super against it or her father in a - you are still under my authority way prohibited it.

Whatever reason for it is too sad. I am so happy that the siblings were able to reunite despite different beliefs...all the kids are adorable and regardless of what they are wearing, everyone seems to be having a great time.

It looks like Susanna posted pictures from their family reunion. Everyone attended, minus the parents and Priscilla. It looks like they all had a great time and it seems like Josh and Anna are fine with Susanna, despite that Susanna and Nick *gasp* are kissing.

Interesting, kind of OT, tidbit I just learned through Kelly Bates. Apparently, she's aware of Priscilla's engagement since Dad Keller calls them every so often with words of encouragements, HOWEVER, she was not aware of Susanna being engaged. It looks like the siblings are all okay with one another (I don't know about Priscilla), so it seems like the problem is with the parents themselves. I wonder how Josh and Anna feel regarding this whole situation.

They all looked like they had a great time.

My ONLY comment, in addition to no-one wearing helmets when riding (even adults, head injuries are nothing to joke about) they're wearing flip flops & tennis shoes. I can't believe some rental strings will allow people without boots to ride. One spook, foot goes through the stirrup and it's not going to end well for the rider.

I recognize this as taking place in Charleston, SC.

If you're talking the recent reunion photos no, they were taken in Galveston according to Susanna Keller on her Facebook page.

Oh, you're right. I thought I recognized a few things and then I saw their festival of lights that looks similar to ours and I got all excited.

OMG! Swim burka..... Glad I wasn't drinking something. I'd need a new computer otherwise! :text-goodpost:

Heh, thanks, but I'm pretty sure I took the phrase from somebody else.

Grrr. I guess I don't know how to post a picture.

http://www.myfocusonfaith.com/gallery/i ... esized.jpg

I'd forgotten what Anna looked like with only one chin. I also notice that the Kellers never seemed to favor the crunchy perms (although Esther in the first pic screams '90's hair). She looks so much better with straight hair.

As for Rebekah, her husband wrote that when they were married they were still involved with ATI but made the joint decision to leave early on in the marriage. I have nothing but respect for them; going through that early in a marriage, with two daughters born along the way could not have been easy at all. I'm glad they opened their home to Suze, although it sounds like the parents allowed her to travel amongst her sisters before she finally defected.

That's funny about the 'swim burka" I know a couple of extremely non-fundie people who have their kids wear those .. I didn't even realize they were a religious thing. They do it because of fear of skin cancer.

Archived