IGNORED

Keller Family Reunion (MERGED)

xReems

It looks like Susanna posted pictures from their family reunion. Everyone attended, minus the parents and Priscilla. It looks like they all had a great time and it seems like Josh and Anna are fine with Susanna, despite that Susanna and Nick *gasp* are kissing.

Interesting, kind of OT, tidbit I just learned through Kelly Bates. Apparently, she's aware of Priscilla's engagement since Dad Keller calls them every so often with words of encouragements, HOWEVER, she was not aware of Susanna being engaged. It looks like the siblings are all okay with one another (I don't know about Priscilla), so it seems like the problem is with the parents themselves. I wonder how Josh and Anna feel regarding this whole situation.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How lovely to see that fundies and non-fundies can sit at one table and have fun together. Even with people with (yikes!) pink hair. :lol:

The activities look like a lot of fun! Pedicures, ice cream, board games, mini golf, beach time, volleyball, light festival, horseback riding, presents for the kids.. Looks like someone put a lot of thought into this. Kynzie has gotten soo big!

How lovely to see that fundies and non-fundies can sit at one table and have fun together. Even with people with (yikes!) pink hair. :lol:

The activities look like a lot of fun! Pedicures, ice cream, board games, mini golf, beach time, volleyball, light festival, horseback riding, presents for the kids.. Looks like someone put a lot of thought into this. Kynzie has gotten soo big!

I have to say that Josh looks totally out of place in the midst of genuine familial fondness. Because that is NOT what the Duggars have going on.

Anna and Josh both looked slimmer than they have on the show recently. It looks like everyone had fun.

At first I thought, "You know maybe Josh has a soft spot in his heart after all: The family reunion, Mack in pants, the TV, Anna's haircut"...then I saw the picture of Mackenzie holding a "A Love That Multiplies" barf.

Guest Anonymous

FYI, if you go to look at the pics there's a fairly graphic photo of a dead dolphin lying on the beach. The other pics are really cute and it looks like everyone had fun. I don't like to see little kids on horses without helmets on, though.

She was holding " A love that Multiplies" but did you see the kids scribble in there, although it was signed? Maybe that was what it was all about. :lol:

Not that this means anything, necessarily, but Anna is most definitely wearing at least one maternity top in those pictures. Could she be pregnant again-- EEEK! How old is Michael-- he's a bit old for her to still be wearing maternity clothes, right, especially since someone said she looked thinner than she had in previous pics. If she's losing weight she wouldn't still be wearing maternity clothes, right? The pic is the one of her in her sisters, she's in the middle- I just looked at that top online the other day. Definitely maternity.

Maybe it's just comfy. If she were pregnant, would she be along far enough to need maternity clothes alrady?

She also missed out on the horseback riding, at least there's no pic, as did the uber-fundy sister.

Thought:

It's probably hard to do that in a skirt. OR do they resent from doing it because it might, um, stimulate the wrong body parts when not covered by pants?

I forget how pretty and TINY those girls are. Even with some baby weight, Anna is still tiny. I actually don't think that's a maternity top, I think it's just a tunic style top. Or maybe even a motherhood nursing top.

The girls are pretty indeed!

I don't like how the two blond girls (who are adorable, btw) are always dressed alike. They're not even twins!

The picture with all the kids lined up down the stairs is so cute.

For us non-FB users (yes, there are some ;) ) the pics are available on Suze's Picasa site: picasaweb.google.com/107005517854688268428/FamilyReunion

I must say I'm quite surprised - but glad - that Anna & Josh did attend the reunion. Maybe, just maybe there's still hope for Mackynzie if she's not so interested in being a quiverfull mom of 15. One can dream :roll: Everybody seem to be enjoying themselves and having fun, even Josh. I like his shorter haircut, it makes him look a bit dorkier but quite a lot younger and healthier. The dinner they are eating looks delicious - wonder if Josh has ever had so many fresh greens in his life! By the way, Suze and Anna could almost be identical twins.

The keller reunion pics are up on suze's picasa site. I'm posting from my phone so I can't add the link, maybe some someone else could?

Ma and pa keller weren't there but josh and anna were! It really does look like they had a nice time.

Yep, the blue top with the flowers. It's a maternity top. I just saw it in a maternity store online. I'll try to dig up links but it was an ebay find. Not a nursing top. Why wouldn't she be carrying Michael if she was pregnant? He's probably not even 20 lbs yet. If he was born in June and she conceived in September or even early October, she would be in maternity clothes most likely, especially since with back to back pregnancies your uterus doesn't shrink all the way down again, so it's primed to pooch out again quickly.

https://picasaweb.google.com/107005517854688268428/FamilyReunion#

Cute pics! The parents missed out. Their loss.

This makes me think of a story I heard in the last few days. It seems that in the 1930's, when a distant cousin of mine was planning on getting married to a non-Jewish woman, his father came to my great-grandfather for advice. In those days, it was custom for parents to say Kaddish, the Jewish prayer for the dead, over children who married outside the faith and basically completely cut them out of the family. When the boy's father asked my great-grandfather what he should do, my great-grandfather replied, "You welcome them. Because they are going to have your grandchildren, and you are going to want to be a part of their lives." Those were pretty revolutionary words back then, and they seem to apply to all these fundies who shun children who leave the fold. As mad as they might be with the children who leave the lifestyle, the people they are really hurting are the grandchildren, who miss out on that family connection.

I'm a little in the dark here. What is the deal with the Keller family and their daughters? Did one of the daughters break out of the mold?

Archived