IGNORED

Sister Wives' New Business

Kitchen Princess

interesting, considering none of them look particularly fit, aside from maybe robyn. i mean, shouldn't you start a business about something you're interested in and passionate about?

then again, i suppose in this economy you do whatever you need to do to make money.

I know the wives are working out, etc. So, if they are successful it will be good advertising for their gym. Also, they can sell before and after pictures to magazines. Why isn't Kody working out and airing his weight, is what I would like to know.

According to the TWOP gossip some kind of MLM stuff called LIV a weight loss product.

I hear that is kind of a pyramid scheme. If it is, I bet it was Kody's idea and not Janelle's. He needs to embrace the idea that she is smarter.

I hear that is kind of a pyramid scheme. If it is, I bet it was Kody's idea and not Janelle's. He needs to embrace the idea that she is smarter.

Janelle may be the smartest one of the group but if she's OK with this whole "gym" business then I question her business sense. Those Anytime Fitness, Snap Fitness, etc. 24 Hour type places are all over the area I live in and if you drive by any given day at any given time they are all empty! I just think it's sort of overkill in this industry. I personally think they'd be better off on real estate. That market will eventually improve, especially in warmer climate's like Vegas. I sincerely doubt the Browns will be running a 24 Hour gym for the next 10-20 years.

A few eps ago I heard one of them mention getting into the gym business with Bill the trainer. Then tonight when I watched the latest episode, they were clearly at an Anytime Fitness (logo on the wall). I'm just putting two and two together.

I believe Bill may have the franchise and the Brown's are buying in.

I'm an AF member, and our gym does pretty well. The busiest times are after 8 p.m. and between 5-7 a.m. So I go at 8. :) I wanted to see what gym the Browns are talking about because you can meet people from your gym on anytimehealth.com. Wanted to do a little stalking. lol. (just kidding)

interesting, considering none of them look particularly fit, aside from maybe robyn. i mean, shouldn't you start a business about something you're interested in and passionate about?

then again, i suppose in this economy you do whatever you need to do to make money.

I'm obese but I go to the gym regularly like clockwork. I feel really antsy when I miss it. I'm not a gym rat. I put in my time and then gladly leave it behind. But you can't assume that people aren't passionate about going to the gym just by looking at them.

I'm obese but I go to the gym regularly like clockwork. I feel really antsy when I miss it. I'm not a gym rat. I put in my time and then gladly leave it behind. But you can't assume that people aren't passionate about going to the gym just by looking at them.

i'm not going simply by the way they look, though i didn't quite imply that. i was also considering their eating habits [gotta eat right to fuel your body right] and that during the show i don't think i've ever heard them say anything about exercising or going to the gym, save for that one episode where they all went, which i think could totally be a setup by tlc [wouldn't be the first time it has happened].

I think it's a new passion/hobby rather than something they always did, that's why it wasn't on the show before.

Meri has said something about feeling guilty if she ever spent time on herself, and now she's trying to allow herself to change that. Not a unique problem for moms, but probably exacerbated in their lifestyle (traditional gender roles and so many kids to take care of).

Yes, they are selling some sort of supplements, and it does seem like a pyramid scheme.

I live in Las Vegas. My 19-year old son plays hockey in a men's league. One night one of his team mates gave him some samples of supplements "sold by the Sister Wives on TV". They were little packets that you were supposed to add to a water bottle. One was for "before the game", and one "after the game".

Why couldn't Janelle just continue her Utah business of designing/selling pantry systems? Wasn't that part of what she did before the move? Perhaps there is not enough of a market among people who don't stock a year's worth of food, but I would think she could do something to tweak the idea for Nevadans.

Why couldn't Janelle just continue her Utah business of designing/selling pantry systems? Wasn't that part of what she did before the move? Perhaps there is not enough of a market among people who don't stock a year's worth of food, but I would think she could do something to tweak the idea for Nevadans.

I know it was geared towards LDS with their food storage, but she could just tweak it to customing closets, etc.

Vegas is full of mainstream LDS who do take the food storage thing seriously - but I don't think they would buy from a polygamist. Just my opinion (I'm former LDS, and lived in Vegas while practicing)

Vegas is full of mainstream LDS who do take the food storage thing seriously - but I don't think they would buy from a polygamist. Just my opinion (I'm former LDS, and lived in Vegas while practicing)

My family is LDS and they are very put off by the whole polygamy thing. Denial, denial, denial, in my family's case, of the past. I didn't know that LV had a large LDS population. Interesting and seems odd to me. Sin City and all that.

I'm not surprised about the Sister Wives being involved in a MLM type scheme. I have heard numerous stories about AUB/Mormon fundamentalists being involved in MLM schemes.

I didn't know that LV had a large LDS population. Interesting and seems odd to me. Sin City and all that.

they also have a large christian population as well. there are TONS of churches, and i'm not counting the little wedding chapel places that exist just for marriages, i mean real, community-type churches.

they also have a large christian population as well. there are TONS of churches, and i'm not counting the little wedding chapel places that exist just for marriages, i mean real, community-type churches.

I have a friend who lives there and all I hear about is how hot it is, the hookers, and unemployment. I am always surprised that people live there voluntarily. Then again, I hate hot weather with a passion.

Vegas has always had a good sized Mormon population I believe. Howard Hughes was surrounded by them in his last years.

Yes on the LDS in Vegas. My LDS cousin lives in both Vegas and Utah and says there are major differences between them, not so much doctrinally as culturally.

Archived