IGNORED

I wonder - Duggars and hair dye

Mommy22alyns

My dad and brother have started getting gray hairs in their 30's, and my grandma has dyed her hair for many years, but for the last decade, she quit getting her hair dyed and it's completely gray now.

I wouldn't be surprised if JB is wearing a rug, or at the very least, a ton of Aqua Net.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think that Anna really fell in love with Josh, or do you think that maybe she saw the opportunity to be on TV and do all the things Duggars do? Do you think she goes along with everything because (well, duh, she's supposed to submit) she knows that the TLC gravy train is their best shot (i.e., Josh sucks at actually earning a living)?

I don't know how she decided to say yes after seeing him for 2 times. I don't think she fell in love. She probably fell in love with the idea of falling in love (if that makes sense lol). I think Josh's smugness rubbed off on her because she is the same now.

As for the hair, I also think JB's hair doesn't look real. It's gotten darker over the years (use of hair dye probably) if you compare his hair when he was still young to now. I don't know if Michelle uses hair dye though because when my mom was 45, she didn't have any grey hair.

I've had gray hairs since college. I have one of those streaks of more concentrated gray, but it doesn't really show unless I happen to part my hair in that exact spot. I've been dying my hair since I was 13 because I just prefer a certain color, so I might have more gray than I realize.

Jim Bob and Michelle probably dye theirs. It's unlikely that neither of them would have any grays by now. I don't really see it as much different than perming though. I have a bigger issue with Jim Bob's over-use of hairspray. He's killing the environment AND it doesn't even look good.

I highly doubt that Josh and Anna were in love when they got married. Girls in fundieland pretty much have to say yes to the first boy that their father approves of. They technically have veto power, but by the time the question comes up the boy and both fathers have already agreed that this is what God wants. No submissive, obedient fundie daughter would say no to what her father wants. And since girls have absolutely no way to meet boys or even flirt with them, saying no means risking never getting married and not being able to do a damn thing about it. No matter how bad Josh is, he's still better than living with Daddy forever.

Someone posted pictures of a wedding that Bill Gothard had attended a few months ago. For someone whose command of the ways of righteousness must surely have placed him above petty concerns of personal pride, he certainly gives the appearance of having the worst dye/combover combination I've ever seen.

Bill Gothard's hair is in competition with Donald Trump's for the weirdest comb-over award. (At least Donald Trump's colourist knows what he/she's doing-even if his stylist doesn't).

IME, girl's in fundieland are so enamored with the idea of marriage and so deprived of normal, healthy relationships with anything in pants that they pretty much fall (or think they fall) for the first man who shows them any attention.

As for the hair, it does seem a little strange that both of them have no grays yet. However, my mom's 63, and she just started to get a few grays here and there in the past 5 years or so. I am SO hoping I take after her in that regard!

I think Anna wanted her next big adventure.

I'm 66, some of you saw my photo on the chatter board, I do not dye or use any rinses, I'm still pretty red. I think Jim Bob might dye but I'm not as sure about Michelle.

I think Anna really loves her husband. Maybe I'm wrong.

I would think that Boob's hair is fake except they have shown the girls cutting and shaving it as recent as 2 seasons ago (which is like a year). He likely dyes it and/or uses that RonCo fake spray on color hair to fill it in haha :)

I don't think JB has a rug as we saw his hair really messed up in the epi when the Duggars visted the Bateseseses. I relly doubt that he would have a piece to give him the wet, tousled look as well as having one that makes him look like a ken doll.

I think it's more a case of bad home haircuts, aqua net and a bad dye job.

If you look at the color quality of michelle's hair in the first 14 kids episodes, compared to now, it is much darker. Especially now that she and all the girls have tans. The girls hair was lighter when they were younger. It could have darkened naturally, but having gone from a blonde to a brunette, my natural color after the change was more mousy and not so rich chestnut.

Just my two cents. I say they color.

wow, the "behind the scenes" was just as boring as any other episode.

they really need to stop schlep all these poor kids to interviews. it would have been enough with anna josh & kynzie. i mean wasn't it all about her anyway?

If you look at the color quality of michelle's hair in the first 14 kids episodes, compared to now, it is much darker. Especially now that she and all the girls have tans. The girls hair was lighter when they were younger. It could have darkened naturally, but having gone from a blonde to a brunette, my natural color after the change was more mousy and not so rich chestnut.

Just my two cents. I say they color.

She has to be dying it. Think about all those crappy home perms they do to each other... Burned ends, split ends, fried hair, basically!

Half of their lengths would be orange if they didn't cover them with some Miss Clairol!

Also, Anna has a "B.A." in "Christian Education".

'Dr' Kent Hovind infamously had a PhD in Christian Education, from 'Patriot Bible College'. (He used to drop the 'Christian' off to make it sound more credible, which seemed a little at odds with his apparent determination to hold fast in his defence of the literal truth of the Bible.)

We have seen Jim Bob at least with greying temples. I wouldn't put it past him to dye his hair. As far as Michelle goes--I'm not sure. My mom is turning 50 and has no grey hair at all. All of her sisters have a ton but somehow all the booze and drugs she did as a youth had this formaldehyde effect on her hair--no grey!

Genetics are a funny thing...

I really would put it past them to color their hair...and go tanning--especially now that they are so worldly with their iphones, and world travelling.

Seriously--we need a drinking game, where, every time Jim Boob says something offensive or insensitive about a foreign peoples (in this stupid world tour) we take a shot. We'd be trashed in 5 minutes...

I'm 41 and have several visible gray hairs, although my hair is very curly, so they kind of hide in the thickness so people don't notice unless they're really looking.

My husband is 52 and I rarely ever see a gray hair on his head OTOH, so it's possible that JB and J'chelle aren't gray yet, or their gray hairs are hiding in the perm.

I got my first gray hairs in high school. I have dark hair and over ten years later, I still don't dye my hair - it's thick enough that most of them are still hidden... and if not, so what? JB doesn't have a rug, I don't think, we saw Michelle give him a super-short haircut just recently (and she kept saying she liked it and he looked younger, probably because that plastered look is so 30 years ago). I do think she dyes her hair, whether or not she has gray, because her hair is simply darker than it used to be.

I have a friend who is 48, and didnt have any grey hairs until she gained more responsibility and stress at work earlier this year.

However, because of the way I annoy her sometimes, I like to claim a few of her grey hairs haha

Grey hair is a super weird issue. But many people can look really sophisticated with grey hair.

I started with grey hairs about 5 years ago (I'm 29) and I have had white hair for ages in patches (vitiligo). I often dye my hair daft colours so it doesn't show and the parts are very small. My hair's so short anyway my skin's more noticeable than natural colour.

However very often when I see grey longer haired people I think they look great and comfortable in themselves. When I was in Japan I got taught a phrase "romance grey" which means a handsome older man ;) so obviously some people are into that...

Both Boob and J'ichelle have hair that is the same color and shade everywhere on their heads, which is not normal so I am sure they dye and often too. Normal hair has gradations in tone and color regardless of age, and the only people I see who have the 1 colour fits all hair dye it,. My hair stylist pointed it out when we were discussing the D's and the # 20 announcement....

They probably dye it.

I think Josh and Anna were both eager to get married. I don't think Anna married Josh because of the cameras. I think she would have married any approved guy that came along.

Both Boob and J'ichelle have hair that is the same color and shade everywhere on their heads, which is not normal so I am sure they dye and often too. Normal hair has gradations in tone and color regardless of age, and the only people I see who have the 1 colour fits all hair dye it,. My hair stylist pointed it out when we were discussing the D's and the # 20 announcement....

This is true. It's also why people who bleach their hair blonde almost always look fake. I have two daughters with blonde hair and their hair is like 10 different colors if you're really paying attention, and yes their roots are a bit darker than the rest.

I think they dye it. There was a point in about season 4, IIRC, where Michelle's hair went suddenly darker from one episode to the next. I can't remember exactly which episode but it was around they time they came home from Little Rock.

Grey hair is so variable though. My mother is 66 and has barely any greys, but it's equally normal for people to sprout a few as young adults.

When I was in Japan I got taught a phrase "romance grey" which means a handsome older man ;) so obviously some people are into that...

I can so see that. In older men especially it can be very stately and dignified.

I agree that Mullet definitely dyes the namesake, for the reasons already given. She's put up her hair a few times on really hot days and there's no difference between the party and business ends of the mullet. Since she otherwise wears her hair down in front, she could hide grays on the temples until she pulls it up, but being short, even the pouf thing she does on the top of her head wouldn't hide any grays in the crown.

My hair is approximately the color of Jill's, and I had to start low-lighting a few years ago because highlights only covered so much of the gray that hit me like a mack truck when I was about Michelle's age. I'm now at the point that I have to do root touch ups between my 12 week colorings. The only time my hair is the same color root to tip is right after a salon visit; even the lowlights have mostly faded by the time I get to the root touch up at 6 weeks and the ends are definitely lighter than the brown hair that still comes out of the rest of my head.

It sucks to be short and go gray on the top first, right where everyone can see it. I don't know my genetic pool, so I don't know how I compare, other than that I found my first gray (stayed that way for almost 15 years) at 29. I read ages ago that's average.

OTOH, the old man turns 52 on Saturday and has maybe 2 gray hairs at the temples of his beautiful, wavy (to die for) dark brown hair. His sister (18 mos. older) has been dying her VERY dark brown hair as long as I've known her - almost 20 years.

I've been getting a patch of transparent-white hair since I was 18. It used to be really visible, before I started colouring my hair, because it was really dark and all the one colour. Now I dye it, and it's different colours because of the foils, you can't notice the white quite as much. But I would disagree with those who said that colouring it makes it all one colour - mine has been the opposite.

Archived