IGNORED

I wonder - Duggars and hair dye

Mommy22alyns

Do you think JB&M dye their hair? Michelle's 45, JB's about the same age, right? I see no evidence of greys. We know they perm, I bet they're not against color either. It draws the eye to the countenance anyway, yes? ;)

Do you think that Anna really fell in love with Josh, or do you think that maybe she saw the opportunity to be on TV and do all the things Duggars do? Do you think she goes along with everything because (well, duh, she's supposed to submit) she knows that the TLC gravy train is their best shot (i.e., Josh sucks at actually earning a living)?

Anything else?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They definitely dye their hair. Definitely. And I'm pretty sure Anna just wanted on board the dog-and-pony show.

As for the hair, it does seem a little strange that both of them have no grays yet. However, my mom's 63, and she just started to get a few grays here and there in the past 5 years or so. I am SO hoping I take after her in that regard!

I think Anna wanted her next big adventure.

Even if Anna is not a famewhore, she has been raised with the expectation that she will live a Godly life and then be swept away by Prince Charming. I doubt she loved him; they had only seen each other a few times when they became engaged, right?

For Anna, I think her dad was probably 'encouraging' her enough that she believed he was the one God wanted for her.

As for the hair, it does seem a little strange that both of them have no grays yet. However, my mom's 63, and she just started to get a few grays here and there in the past 5 years or so. I am SO hoping I take after her in that regard!

I think Anna wanted her next big adventure.

Unfortunately I take after my mother and the rest of my older female relatives. I found my first gray hair 3 months ago.. BTW I turned 23 mid-september. It was really quite a schocking moment. And since I have really dark brown hair it will be easy to find the next one.. oh I can't wait.. -.-

Back to the topic:

I'm not sure whether Anna and Josh really only met a few times. They saw each other for the first time on a homeschool conference when they were 16 and got engaged with 20, but I always thought that Anna and her family spent some time in Arkansas to get to know the rest of the family etc.

Guest Anonymous

Regarding Anna being in love with Josh, I observed something that was really weird. When Josh showed up with the balloons and surprised Anna at the restaurant to propose I noticed that when he first sat down by her in the booth and Anna's parents walked away to give them privacy that they seemed super awkward together. Like they didn't know what to say to one another and were barely looking at each other..it was so weird to me. Then he gets up and proposes and then they act all lovey dovey and and google eyed. I mean, just 5 minutes earlier they acted like they were two shy kids on a first date.

What was that all about?

Guest Anonymous

They were 2 shy kids on a date, then Josh proposed she said yes and he realized pretty soon he was going to get some.

Yes they totally dye the hair and spray it, honestly I wouldn't be completely surprised if JimBob wore a wig, like Ted Danson in Cheers.

Jim Bob's hair always looks odd to me, so probably some dye there as well as hair spray. I don't know about J'Chelle, though - my mom only recently started getting a little grey hair and she is mid 50s, so who knows.

My Mom is also in her mid 50's and still doesn't have any grey hair. I know she doesn't dye it, because she doesn't do ANYTHING to her hair except cut it super-short, almost a bowl cut, except she has naturally curly hair, so it works.

I'm 33, and I already have a LOT of white hair (Thanks Dad). I try to pretend it's just highlights in my natural ash blond hair.

The conversation went from "So..." "yeah..." "well... yeah." "wow!" to "I love you" "I love YOU" "I love you Josh-yoo-WAH" "I love you!" in minutes! :P

I'm 50 and have been experiencing grey hair since my early 40's. So I would think that both JB and Michelle would be having at least the beginnings of some grey hair themselves. I could see Michelle using a home coloring kit every 4 to 6 weeks. However, it's possible that neither have started to grey yet.

As to Anna being in love with Josh - I highly doubt it. She barely knew the guy. She was in love with the idea of getting married and fitting the mold of a goodly Gothard woman. She was probably also happy to have the chance to marry into a family with some money. Josh was also a fairly attractive man when they first met/courted, especially compared to some of the other fundie guys I've seen. At this point, I think she finds Josh easy to get along with, and the family business pays their way, so why should she complain?

(I think Josh is smug, pudgy, aging and has poor manners. However, I think he probably treats Anna overall much better than many other potential suitors might have done. In other words, I've seen no evidence that he routinely finds fault with her, puts her down, makes her feel bad, is verbally harsh to her, etc. While he may not be the most gallant of husbands, I think given her options, she could have done a whole lot worse in Gothard-world.)

I just re-watched the proposal, and dang, that was difficult to sit through. It was just so awkward! Anna really needs to stop with the gaping open-mouth smile of hers. She sticks her front teeth out and she looks like she's ready to catch some flies. :o

My parents are 45 and 46...my dad (46) has almost no gray hair and really dark brown (almost black) hair. My mom is blond and has a lot of wiry gray hair.

My mom has maybe 3 grey hairs at 63, my dad was completely grey by his late 40's. At 63 he is completely white. Luckily, at 41 I have 0 grey hairs, my brother at 38 has a lot. While they both could naturally be without any grey hair, I doubt it. I vote for hair dye. Why Jesus loves flip-flops, perms and hair dye, but not a real education or critical thinking skills is beyond me.

The YouTube page is hilarious. The grammar in the little side blurb is pretty bad. Assuming Josh wrote it, it would appear he does not know how to construct anything beyond a simple sentence. SOTDRT at its finest. Also, Anna has a "B.A." in "Christian Education".

My father was 94 when he passed, and only had a few strands of gray mixed among his almost black hair. My mother started to go gray at 42. I was completely white by 55. No way of telling but, jimboobs hair looks almost painted on, like that of an old ken doll.

My father was 94 when he passed, and only had a few strands of gray mixed among his almost black hair. My mother started to go gray at 42. I was completely white by 55. No way of telling but, jimboobs hair looks almost painted on, like that of an old ken doll.

EXACTLY!

Archived