IGNORED

Origami anyone?

Boogalou

Just wondering if anyone else here is into origami. It's not exactly the post popular mainstream thing but I love it! Within the past year or so I have started to really get into origami. I find it lots of fun and a relaxing thing to do to avoid school work that doesn't involve looking at a screen. Anyway, last year a made a ton of modular origami which takes forever to do so now I am on a real kick of making origami rings which I am gluing string onto and making into Christmas ornaments.

Anyone have any good sites for instructions or people with good youtube videos? Or any good books you like? Where do you get your paper? I always have my ears out for some good origami resources! I find my best paper on ebay because it's cheap and is generally coming from Asia because the North American studd is super expensive. I also like Tomoko Fuse's books, she makes some great stuff. As for sites, they all suck. Not really, but I haven't found anything really great. The only one I really like is a blog; artis bellus.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone else is into origami so if you are please dish! If not, thanks for reading this far!

I like origami too. Mostly because I love all the lovely different origami papers. I don't have any great origami sources online. Most of the stuff I have learned is from one of the technicians I work with. I just finished making these really cool origami roses. I made a whole bunch of them and glued them to a frame. I'll post some pictures if I can figure out how to do so. :)

• 1 year later...

HOW DID THIS THREAD GET HERE?!?!? It's so old, I completely forgot about it....

Anyway, here are some pics! These were the first modulars I ever made and they are a pretty decent first attempt:

PA200113_zps44008b1b.jpg

This was the very first modular I ever made. I couldn't figure it out for the longest time until I realized the pattern all the parts had to go in.

PA200114_zpsf819b678.jpg

PA200115_zpsdd24ca76.jpg

The first and last one are made from 32 (I think?? can't remember now, it was a while ago) pieces of paper. This middle one is only 24 pieces. They are all just regular old printer paper, nothing special. Now I'm working on bunnies to make for Easter place card holders. They are really easy, there's only like five folds, but they are pretty cute! Here's the video if anyone else wants to try their hand at it.

RiTc5Sdd95I

Which is why we need a hobbies forum, so stuff doesn't get lost and forgotten!

I moved it when I was going through Chatter looking for dead attachments ;)

Edit to add: Those bunnies are adorable!

• 2 years later...

Anyway, here are some pics! These were the first modulars I ever made and they are a pretty decent first attempt:

PA200113_zps44008b1b.jpg

This was the very first modular I ever made. I couldn't figure it out for the longest time until I realized the pattern all the parts had to go in.

PA200114_zpsf819b678.jpg

PA200115_zpsdd24ca76.jpg

The first and last one are made from 32 (I think?? can't remember now, it was a while ago) pieces of paper. This middle one is only 24 pieces. They are all just regular old printer paper, nothing special. Now I'm working on bunnies to make for Easter place card holders. They are really easy, there's only like five folds, but they are pretty cute! Here's the video if anyone else wants to try their hand at it.

RiTc5Sdd95I

that is excellent work.  

• 5 months later...

Oh, so happy I found this thread! I love origami :) The modular models above are really excellent. I never had the patience to do one myself, but I always admired those who do them. One day... :)

I don't really have pics of what I do, but here's the first cat I managed to do. It's far from well done, and the real cat chewed it a little, but I love the paper so I kept it.LrMobile0304-2016-05553828239509046.jpeg

(The design is by J. Aníbal Voyer.)

Archived