IGNORED

Survivor

QAF_Rocks

I couldn't find a thread for Survivor. Does anyone else watch this show?

I have to admit that I've been perturbed by the religious aspect for the past couple of seasons. Coach and Brandon are getting on my last nerve. I posted a thread on TWoP about it, but I'm not sure how deep the discussion is going to get with the threat of censorship hanging over everyone's head.

From TWoP Pembleton:

All I ask is that you be respectful of other religions and religion in general, and make it clear that you're talking about religion as practiced by Contestant X and not religion in general. Just be nice. That's all.

I plan to be nice (I don't want to get banned), but it's another thing to force everyone to be "respectful of...religion in general."

• 4 weeks later...

I don't watch much Survivor, but I have to say TWOP Pembleton is probably the most lenient/nicest mod over at TWOP. She's not power mad or super strict like the rest.

• 1 year later...

Anyone watching this season? I'm sorry I missed the thread when it was first posted, I have watched every season of survivor since the very first one.

This season is pretty excellent so far, as far as watching goes. I never know who is going each week which is always fun. The finale on Sunday is pretty much what is getting me through exams this week. I can't wait, which is maybe kind of sad, but there you have it.

Yes! She's gone. Now they just need to get rid of Lisa, she really annoys me for some reason. I am cheering for Denise or Malcom but I would be happy with a Skupin win too.

Do you watch the Ponderosa videos? It was really interesting to see Abi there after she was voted out and how different she was. It made me like her a little bit more.

I will have to watch the Ponderosa vids. I like those, but I haven't kept up with them the last couple seasons.

I love Survivor, though I'm not a "Survivor geek."

I am loving this season all the way through. at the final 4, I don't know who I'm rooting for; they all have something I like about them (Lisa REALLY surprised me with her game play and ability to focus and articulate. She did something new when, at tribal council, she admitted full-out what she'd done and what she was planning to do).

Abi just seemed to be the exact opposite of everyone on the tribe. Whatever they thought, she thought the opposite. Whatever she was up to, they were up to the opposite. I felt a little bad for her when she cried when at tribal they told her what was wrong. She didn't get it, but she still was hurt. It's gotta be a pretty bad influence to get rid of someone you know wouldn't get any votes in the final 3.

as to Lisa - even though she sucks at physical challenges, I like the way she keeps after them with all she's got..

What a power-house Denise is! I'm rooting most for her. Physically very fit - against men half her age, and with a social wisdom that really serves her (and, likely, the tribe) well. Because I love strong, intelligent women.

Skupin - rooting for him next, just 'cuz he played well. Because I love an underdog, especially when they prove not to be!

Lisa - 3rd because she really sorted out her thoughts so well. I hate her childrearing techniques. Maybe the game has changed her. Some of the thoughts she's shared, knowing she filed for divorce after the game, seem especially poignant. While it's life-altering for most players, I think it's hit her between the eyes. Maybe she'll change her child-raising philosopy. I just can't find it in my heart to count her out. I love it when someone can articulate their position so well and to play the game, with its hurts and victories and still play. She almost slipped up, but her brother got her back on track.

4th - I can't even remember his name, handsome young dude with the beard. awesome at everything. uninteresting. don't want 'im to win. Because I hate awesome white men. They've already had their reward. To be fair, Malcolm (I can't believe I forgot his name and had to look him up) seems to be a very good man and a very good player. It's just that awesome white men (and he is awesome) have fewer obstacles to overcome in order to succeed.

It's Survivor, where top dog isn't always top dog. I can't wait till Sunday.

(funny that Abi said she tells it like it is and thinks that others don't like that. She still doesn't see that how she sees "it" being is the opposite of how "it" really is. I actually have a measure of sympathy for her)

Lisa's agonizing about "keeping her word" and maintaining her integrity annoyed me. It's Survivor, and any potential contestant should know that lying and manipulation are part of the game. If you don't want to do that, don't try out for the show.

As annoying as Abi was, I still felt a little sorry for her when everyone was piling on her at Tribal Council. Too bad she didn't seem to have the self awareness to learn anything from it, though.

I'm cheering for Denise, but I suspect Malcolm will win immunity and she will be voted out next, because she's his biggest threat.

• 4 months later...

Last post for this thread was for the previous season. Is anyone besides me watching the current season?

YES! Always!! I've seen every season, starting at the merge in season one. Still kicking myself that elementary school me did not watch those first episodes. It's a good season this season (although I say that about all the seasons....) and although I liked Andrea I thought her blind side was pretty good. I love Brenda trying to hide her expression of glee.

i've watched every season too :) so far, i think season 8 is my favorite.

i was SO proud of cochran this season when he won his first individual immunity :)

oh andrea, sent home with a hidden immune idol in hand. her relationship with brenda sure changed fast, understandably though. with malcom and now andrea out, eddie may stick around much longer than i thought.

After this season I hope they NEVER cast another Hantz family member again. I've had more than enough of them and all of their bullying nonsense. Brandon's presence was making it really hard for me to get into this season at first. Now that he's gone and the gameplay has geared up to a higher level, I am enjoying it much more.

(Hi, Survivor viewer since more or less day 1 here as well. My favorite seasons have been Australia, Amazon, Palau, Cook Islands, and Tocantins.)

• 2 weeks later...

i'm already excited for next season :) i understand the blood/water hint to involve friends and family, but i can't figure out how that will work with survivor. maybe previous cast members + one family member each on one team; previous cast members + one friend each. i have no idea, and am trying SO hard to hold off on reading the spoiler forums.

I read the spoiler forums only to see what next season's actual theme would be. I made a similar mistake last year though and found out Cochran made it to the final three because I accidentally read too far. After the season ends I really love going back and reading all the spoilers to see how accurate they were. This season one person was almost exactly right about everything.

The cast for next season has been spoiled now too, though there is some debate about which of several versions of the cast list is actually correct. I will say that there is one particular returning player who is reported on some of these lists to be on the show who, while not a Hantz, will still likely cause me not to watch next season if he actually returns. His behavior on his original season was the sort that should not be encouraged with further attention.

Back in the day, I loved this show but I don't think I really watched since the season that Etan won. He was so charming and didn't seem to be a mean person at heart.

Archived