IGNORED

Sister Wives Family Welcome 17th/Baby Boy Born (MERGED)

dawn9476

I have known Polygamy families - and have yet to meet one who even looked happy when they try. Especially the kids. The kids are so sad.

Osar: I recognize the sarcasm there, but I'm ignoring it. Really, how many have you known? And how many wives? (even to ask that question is disgusting.)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lissar, yay! Just what I need - more internets!

Actually, I'd better take my deceived, uneducated, unwanted self out - we're starting a batch of pumpkin ale at my brother's house this morning, and then we're making sugar skulls.

Lissar, yay! Just what I need - more internets!

Actually, I'd better take my deceived, uneducated, unwanted self out - we're starting a batch of pumpkin ale at my brother's house this morning, and then we're making sugar skulls.

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, *sugar skulls*. Want."

~chuckles~ Wow, we have some photo experts here I see, because when I look at the picture all I see are a happy family with a newborn baby. Imagine that! Well maybe I should have said, "seemingly" happy family, but I think that seemingly was true even before Robin came into the picture.

But AKDA, from what I have observed from months and years of close contact with poly families of all walks of life, all backgrounds, and all ethnic backgrounds, they are as happy or happier than the many "normal" families (including many of my closest friends and so much family) are or even could be.

Don't forget that their kids are waaayyyy smarter and out-performing students from "normal" families. :D

Except....she kinda was. He took on all 3 wives within a relatively short time period. They all had their babies together and had been a family for YEARS. I don't think it was totally unreasonable of Christine to think she was the last wife.

I see your point, but isn't the whole crux of polygamy to be open to having more sister wives and make more babies? Meri was the one who pointed out Robin in the first place and suggested Kody go court her. I just thought as someone who is so open to the lifestyle, Christine would've made more of an effort to accept Robin. Instead it's like she's purposely holding onto a grudge.

Uhmmm. . . apparently Christine does not realize that when people say "it's hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk" and you want to see if that's true, you have to crack the egg onto the sidewalk, not in a pan on the sidewalk :shock:

This show makes me sick. To popularize this lifestyle (in a cute see how it can be done) this way, to show it as if it's some sort of authentic lifestyle, by putting it on TV is horrible!!! This is such a horrible lifestyle, and while this particular family may or may not be happy (I doubt thy are) it is nit a healthy environement for any of the parties concerned. Especially for children being forced to assimilate into it. To encourage it like this...is unvbelievable.

Mock AKDA all you want, but she/he has a point. Polygamy is inherently destructive to women and is patriarchy taken to an (even more) absurd extreme. I'll admit that I watch Sister Wives out of sick fascination (like 19 Kids & Counting) but I'm not sure why the Browns get a pass while the Duggars/Batses/Phillipses/Botkins, etc. are fair game.

Apparently Christine is having trouble with Ysabel (8) and Robyn is having trouble with Brianna (7) so they are now living with Meri.

WTF?????

At the beginning of season 1, I actually thought that Christine had a fair bit of spunk and personality. She just seemed really pissed off when Robyn came into the picture.

I don't think Christine would be a bad sister wife, if one was into that sort of thing. She's happy to be the SAHM and let Janelle go to work.

Janelle's sort of interesting, because she clearly wouldn't get along in a traditional fundie sort of marriage. She's smart, she knows it and she really just wants to go to work. She's not into her looks or being super-feminine or being a SAHM or deferring to a husband.

Are all of the wives putting more emphasis on modest dressing this season? I didn't notice them dressing alike before, but now they all seem to have shells that have 3/4 length sleeves, even though it's hotter than hell in Las Vegas. They wear pants, but on top look like Orthodox Jewish women I know.

I didn't see how late the baby was? Size-wise, bigger than average, but I've had big moose babies and it's not actually that bad, or at least, when "bad" happens it's not size dependant. Fat is squishy. :p

I kind of feel bad for the whole family, including Robyn and her kids, though I know she chose this deliberately and is kind of annoying. To me it looks like a big messy explosion just waiting to happen.

Didn't Christine once say that she always wanted to be the last wife?

I like Janelle too. I was annoyed when that asshole trainer singled her out about her weight. "you have a BMI of 44... you are going to be unhealthy and unhappy and not live as long... blah blah blah". First of all, they are all a little overweight, that is why they are there, to work on their fitness. And secondly, why be negative like that when they are there in the gym taking positive steps to be healthy? Janelle's smart, she already knows it's not good to be overweight, she has read/heard it a million times before. I hate when healthy/fit people act like heavier people are stupid for being heavy, there are a lot of reasons that can contribute to that.

I didn't see how late the baby was? Size-wise, bigger than average, but I've had big moose babies and it's not actually that bad, or at least, when "bad" happens it's not size dependant. Fat is squishy. :p

I kind of feel bad for the whole family, including Robyn and her kids, though I know she chose this deliberately and is kind of annoying. To me it looks like a big messy explosion just waiting to happen.

Maybe a week overdue? And we must remember, it's her 4th child so giving birth to a nearly 10 lb baby probably wasn't a big deal.

Didn't Christine once say that she always wanted to be the last wife?

I like Janelle too. I was annoyed when that asshole trainer singled her out about her weight. "you have a BMI of 44... you are going to be unhealthy and unhappy and not live as long... blah blah blah". First of all, they are all a little overweight, that is why they are there, to work on their fitness. And secondly, why be negative like that when they are there in the gym taking positive steps to be healthy? Janelle's smart, she already knows it's not good to be overweight, she has read/heard it a million times before. I hate when healthy/fit people act like heavier people are stupid for being heavy, there are a lot of reasons that can contribute to that.

He probably gave them all the speech but it just wasn't shown. And, all of them besides Robin are over 200 pounds. That is not a healthy weight range for ANY of them. Everything he said to Janelle applies to them, too.

Does Meri gain more weight, or is she over 200 pounds even in Season 2??

she gained a whole lot of weight after Robyn and Kodi got married and they moved. I would put her at about 165 lbs when the series started. She is 213 now. It's sad, because she would be shown making herself healthy foods and listing that as one of the reasons she didn't eat at Christines, because she liked to cook healthy foods for herself.

He probably gave them all the speech but it just wasn't shown. And, all of them besides Robin are over 200 pounds. That is not a healthy weight range for ANY of them. Everything he said to Janelle applies to them, too.

Exactly, but he should have said it in a much more positive way. They're already there at the gym trying to get healthy, they don't need to be beaten down MORE for where they are right now. It looked like they were in a group (i.e. he was talking to them all at once) but still singling out Janelle. Of course these things are edited, but it looked really mean, and Janelle looked like she was holding back tears as she listened.

I think Christine is. . . well, I thought she behaved stupidly last night when she refused to back up Meri when she took the kids aside (it looked like she took them out of direct public view) and told them that she would not tolerate the hitting and picking by some on others. Later, Christine said it was "not the right time" for Meri to have scolded the children. Everyone has their own sensibilities, but it wasn't like she stood in the middle of a public place and screamed at them. It looked like they were behind a partial wall or something outside and she basically told them to knock it off and it wouldn't be tolerated any more.

And Robyn boo-hoo-ing that if the other kids aren't nice to her kids, her kids will choose to live with their dad once they turn 13. The subtext there seemed to me to be directed at the other wives like, "If you don't get your kids under control, I will lose mine and it will be your fault".

I guess all of these adults think kids are just supposed to, at the snap of the adults' fingers, accept and love brand spanking new "siblings" from dad's younger, hotter new wife like they've known them forever. This doesn't happen in a typical, blended family most of the time, and this situation far more complicated. They shouldn't be picking on these kids, and I don't condone that, but I believe the adults are being very stupid unrealistic. And I know some doesn't think should matter, and I would agree that in a perfect world it wouldn't, but all of Meri's, Janelle's, and Christine's kids are half-siblings. I just don't know that it's reasonable, with no family counseling or anything, to expect the "original" kids to expect welcome these others with open arms. It takes time to form bonds, and who knows, maybe they don't even like Robyn's kids.

Apparently Christine is having trouble with Ysabel (8) and Robyn is having trouble with Brianna (7) so they are now living with Meri.

WTF?????

Oh hell, I forgot to record it! Are you serious! That's just :o

And I can't believe Meri is 213!

Yeah, it must be a difficult time for them. Young new wife who doesn't even look much older than the teenagers comes in, and now has the position of mom and is able to order them around, plus bringing in new kids, at the same time as they've been uprooted and had to leave all their friends and the school they knew. Not a fun time for the teenagers, the other kids as well.

Yeah, it must be a difficult time for them. Young new wife who doesn't even look much older than the teenagers comes in, and now has the position of mom and is able to order them around, plus bringing in new kids, at the same time as they've been uprooted and had to leave all their friends and the school they knew. Not a fun time for the teenagers, the other kids as well.

I think most of those teens will hit the road as soon as they can. It seems only one or two of them are at all happy in Vegas and there seems to be a lot of resentment about the move. I think the kids are smart enough to know that the police were NOT coming for them and that their dad is just a huge attention whore, and they don't like being used as pawns in his crazee.

So one of Robyn's daughters is living at Meri's, yet she's saying that if her kids aren't transitioned more happily into the Brown family by the time they each hit 13 then her custody could be at risk since they could then choose to live with their bio father (about whom very little is known).

Srsly? I would think that if the ex wanted custody he could just point out that one of Robyn's kids ISN'T EVEN LIVING WITH Robyn, so how could physical custody be that important to her? Makes about as much sense anything else n this show, really. But it's my TLC crack, and I'm committed to it for the duration :)

So one of Robyn's daughters is living at Meri's, yet she's saying that if her kids aren't transitioned more happily into the Brown family by the time they each hit 13 then her custody could be at risk since they could then choose to live with their bio father (about whom very little is known).

Srsly? I would think that if the ex wanted custody he could just point out that one of Robyn's kids ISN'T EVEN LIVING WITH Robyn, so how could physical custody be that important to her? Makes about as much sense anything else n this show, really. But it's my TLC crack, and I'm committed to it for the duration :)

I wasn't watching it super-closely last night, but I thought it was Christine's daughter that went to live with Meri. . . or was there more than one kid that went to Meri's?

Archived