IGNORED

Sister Wives Family Welcome 17th/Baby Boy Born (MERGED)

dawn9476

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you spend all your time together f*cking, you don't know when you got pregnant.

And THEY ARE NOT MARRIED, except in the eyes of the Mormon god. It really irks me that People mag (and everyone else) says they're married. THEY ARE NOT MARRIED.

I just started watching this show and I'm addicted. And as much as I want to hate them, they have all sort of grown on me (except Robyn)

I just started watching this show and I'm addicted. And as much as I want to hate them, they have all sort of grown on me (except Robyn)

Ditto. I really like all of the wives except Robin. Something about her just rubs me the wrong way. All of the other ladies seem to actually be friends and were enjoying their lifestyle until Robin cam along.

Ditto. I really like all of the wives except Robin. Something about her just rubs me the wrong way. All of the other ladies seem to actually be friends and were enjoying their lifestyle until Robin cam along.

Yes! What bugs me about her is they were all a family for YEARS before she came along and she just waltzes in and claims the kids as hers and acts like she's just as big a part of it as they all are. Also, her correcting her children to call Cody "daddy" when they just MET him and already have a dad was just fricking creepy.

I know. Everyone seemed happy in which ever role they had taken either in or out of the house, but Robin's need to be the most special has kinda destroyed that. I feel bad for her kids. The son, if I remember correctly, is autistic and they don't seem to be doing anything to help him adjust or providing any services he may need.

I know. Everyone seemed happy in which ever role they had taken either in or out of the house, but Robin's need to be the most special has kinda destroyed that. I feel bad for her kids. The son, if I remember correctly, is autistic and they don't seem to be doing anything to help him adjust or providing any services he may need.

I wonder why he agreed to take her on when his family was doing fine without her. I wonder if it was for the show.

Kody is an attention whore and this was the perfect way for him to be noticed; being on television. He chose to be on cameras and then wants sympathy points from viewers when he talks about the pressure to move to Nevada and the criminal investigation.

Robyn annoys me cos she thinks she can decide what's best for her sister wives' children.

Anyways, congratulations to Robyn and her baby.

Guest Anonymous

The thing about this family that disturbs me most is that they are five able-bodied adults and none of them have a job but live in 4 different houses. Is only TLC money funding their life right now?

Wow. The baby weighed 9 lbs, 10.5 oz. That's a BIG baby.

I'm thinking Kody may have to wait a bit longer than the usual 6 weeks to get busy with Robyn again.

Wow. The baby weighed 9 lbs, 10.5 oz. That's a BIG baby.

I'm thinking Kody may have to wait a bit longer than the usual 6 weeks to get busy with Robyn again.

LOL, this is way TMI but my second baby was 9lbs 4oz and we "resumed" 2 weeks after the birth. It's not really a matter of how big the baby is, usually.

Solomon? Really? Where I come from, everyone has an Uncle Sol and he's always the uncle wo wants you to pull his finger. Brrr. Just name him "Beatmeupontheplayground" and get it over with already.

According to Radaronline (yeah I have the occasional celeb fetish), Robyn & Kody had their baby this morning. From the looks of the commercials & shows lately, all may not be well in polyg paradise....

According to Radaronline (yeah I have the occasional celeb fetish), Robyn & Kody had their baby this morning. From the looks of the commercials & shows lately, all may not be well in polyg paradise....

I'm not up on the current season and it's not on netflix.....is it online? Or can you give me some details? I love drama

I'm not up on the current season and it's not on netflix.....is it online? Or can you give me some details? I love drama

The commercial going around now for next week's episode has somthing going on with the kids where Meri is hollering at them, then asks "can I get some back up from the other moms here?", Then they show the interview where Robyn (sorta crying, of course) saying that if her kids don't feel they are fitting in they can choose not to live with her. It's probably a problem with assimilation, Robyns kids are used to being with her, and the regular kids are used to being in their family, so it's typical blending family problems, maybe they're not handling them so well.

Aside from that, the last couple of epi's have had some lingering jealousy ect. between the wives, and Robyn seems to think she's the special snowflake in the bunch and she's happy as pie, where the other 3 are all questioning their respective places within the relationship at one time or another.

I would try TLC's website to see if they show past epidodes, or Utube maybe??

ETA to fix a riffle

I think Kody really fucked things up when he took on Robyn. First, she is a lot younger, slimmer and cuter than the other wives, which is guaranteed to be a problem. Second, she has major baggage--financial and mental, I am not even talking about her kids. Third, they were stretched already as far as they could go.

Seriously, if you can make polygamy work, good for you. But don't keeping pushing it. He has seriously fucked up his household and created drama just because he wanted a cute trophy wife.

I wonder why he agreed to take her on when his family was doing fine without her. I wonder if it was for the show.

In one of the first shows, they shared a bit about how Kody started his relationship with Robin. Merri stated that it was her idea - that she is the one who approached Robin first to sort of feel her out and see if she might be interested in Kody. Merri played matchmaker. Kody stated that initially, he was reluctant, as Robin's divorced status had some sort of "ick factor" (his words) for him.

It frustrates me that the show's producers have thus far carefully avoided any real explanation of how the Brown family's polygamist lifestyle is absolutely driven by their religion's teachings about God, heaven, and the afterlife. I think the TLC powers know that if they were to disclose to the world that polygamy for the Browns is, bottom line, all about fertility, it would make them seem a whole lot less benign.

Their religion teaches that one of the most important tasks we have in this life on earth is to provide as many human bodies as possible for God to fill with the spirits of his "spirit babies," which the (polygamist) Mormon God is forever producing with all of his spirit wives. As "head wife" (so to speak), Merri gets heavenly credit now and in the afterlife for all of Kody's children. Especially because of her own struggles with infertility (remember, Merri's only child was born after Janelle was brought on board and had given birth to Kody's oldest child), Merri was under the gun. But through getting the polygamist ball rolling by introducing her ex-sister-in-law Janelle into the mix, Merri earns heavenly reward. AND, the children born to the other wives are (spiritually speaking) considered Merri's, because they wouldn't be around if she hadn't agreed to polygamy.

It makes sense that Merri would want to continue earning brownie points with God, and Christine's fertile years are probably waning. So, she cast about for a new and younger woman to bring in and found Robin.

You can see in Merri's interactions with the older kids especially that she takes a level of personal pride in them that the other moms don't show toward each other's children. And of course this makes sense when you consider that from Merri's religious perspective, those kids are on this earth because of her willingness to lay down her "selfish desires" for a husband who was hers alone.

I just wish the producers of the show would acknowledge the religious motivations behind the Browns' version of polygamy. It would help to make the whole weird dynamic make sense.

I'm not really crazy for Robyn but I like the other wives, especially Janelle. That said, I can't believe that Kody got one woman to do the horizontal nasty dance, much less four What a tool.

I'm not really crazy for Robyn but I like the other wives, especially Janelle. That said, I can't believe that Kody got one woman to do the horizontal nasty dance, much less four What a tool.

I used to think the same but now that I've finished the first 2 seasons I think, while he's a dufus, he seems really genuine and kind of sweet.

Archived