IGNORED

Lina's Latest

Beeks

She didn't go to college! Best she did was a couple of classes at community college and it appears she didn't even see that through.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She didn't go to college! Best she did was a couple of classes at community college and it appears she didn't even see that through.

Yes, she took one English course (freshman composition maybe?) and one US history course if I recall correctly. I think that was all. The info is on her blog in the early years. Then she went to that for-profit herbalist "college" for a few weeks before it closed down.

:lol:

No way! Baruch Hashem, Azariah is a total mensch! Lina is the most blessed kallah ever! Mazel tov! Tikkun olam! Happy Hanukkah!

Do we all get to sing Hava Nagila now?

What? I do not even understand. Where's the blatant ignorance? Does she think she knows the history better than her professors?

She must, because they are feminists, and therefore completely biased. Plus, a lot of this crowd is totally in love with earlier periods of history and fail to realize how much a lot of them sucked.

Lina:

Anyways, I am quite tired of debating :) It is not in my nature to engage in debates!

No sh*t Sherlock... that would require critical thinking and logic :doh:

ETA: authorship of original quote...

Lina:

No sh*t Sherlock... that would require critical thinking and logic :doh:

ETA: authorship of original quote...

Is this debate taking place on her personal fb page? How I wish I had access

Anyways, I am quite tired of debating It is not in my nature to engage in debates!

Shall I fetch your smelling salts, dear Lina? Perhaps the laces on your corset are too tight?

I'm leaning toward quickie wedding/pregnant bride story. She used to be pretty slender, and now she is gaining weight but only in the boobs and stomach.

I know some people just gain weight that way, but I like my explanation better.

I think she's knocked up.

I think so too. Maybe that's the reason her parents tolerated the marriage.

This was from her Yom Kippur entry:

In the morning, we dressed in our white clothes once again, and walked to shul for the morning service. At this point, I began to experience a very painful headache on the right side of my head. It was getting to the point where I couldn’t concentrate on the prayers anymore, so I silently asked Hashem to please take my headache away. In a matter of minutes, it left my body. I was so happy and amazed, that I remember whispering to my husband what had just occurred. After that, the fast began to get easier. I didn’t have to deal with the terrible pain anymore!

We took a break around 2 p.m. for Talmud study. However, being of such a delicate constitution, I decided to lie down and rest instead (the fast was taking its toll on me). My sweet husband walked me back to our friend’s house so that I could nap while he joined the rest of the congregants in a lively Talmudic discussion.

Mind you, they had enjoyed a "feast" Friday afternoon, but by 2:00 Saturday, she was completely disabled by the horrible burden of fasting. No wonder she needs to be a SAHW whose biggest tasks are washing the nasties and lighting candles. :D

Also, I suspect that painful headache was probably just caffeine withdrawal. However, after reading this report, I, too, am thinking there might be an "announcement" soon.

This was from her Yom Kippur entry:

Mind you, they had enjoyed a "feast" Friday afternoon, but by 2:00 Saturday, she was completely disabled by the horrible burden of fasting. No wonder she needs to be a SAHW whose biggest tasks are washing the nasties and lighting candles. :D

Also, I suspect that painful headache was probably just caffeine withdrawal. However, after reading this report, I, too, am thinking there might be an "announcement" soon.

Eh, her phrasing is highly obnoxious, but fasting isn't easy.

Eh, her phrasing is highly obnoxious, but fasting isn't easy.

Truth.

Yom Kippur is an intense day, usually spent entirely in synagogue. The fast starts just before sundown, the day before and there's prayer, singing and contemplation plus a fair share of emotions too.

To be honest, I start to 'fade' around 2 or 3 p.m. But (to me at least, this sort of thing is highly personal), that's also 'part of the process'. Fasting is very much a mindgame.

[Edited to add extra content]

That's how she got married? With her hair all uncovered and wearing a T-shirt? I mean, it would be fine for me - but for her?

Her wedding clothes were more casual than mine (pictures in the wedding thread in the chatter forum). She could have at least chosen a white top.

1) Why did she marry him - being really superficial for a moment but putting it delicately, she is... out of his league shall we say.

I think so too. She is exotically beautiful (anyone knows her ethnicity, by the way?), and TT... well, he looks like he could be an extra in Trailer Park Boys.

Truth.

Yom Kippur is an intense day, usually spent entirely in synagogue. The fast starts just before sundown, the day before and there's prayer, singing and contemplation plus a fair share of emotions too.

To be honest, I start to 'fade' around 2 or 3 p.m. But (to me at least, this sort of thing is highly personal), that's also 'part of the process'. Fasting is very much a mindgame.

[Edited to add extra content]

I'll third this. The hardest part to me is the lack of liquid....I always get a horrible headache too and around 3pm I just feel horrendous. Fasting isn't very fun.

Her wedding clothes were more casual than mine (pictures in the wedding thread in the chatter forum). She could have at least chosen a white top.

Wow, hadn't seen that thread, it's great! You look beautiful dormouse - I love your outfit with the white jacket. It's much fancier than Lina's. Sort of 1930's touring style, awesome. Anyway, I didn't mean to criticize anyone who gets married casually, I was just really surprised that she did, because she's so into fashion, and especially hair covering.

Anyway, I didn't mean to criticize anyone who gets married casually, I was just really surprised that she did, because she's so into fashion, and especially hair covering.

I don't get it why Lina headcovers on some days and not others. At first I thought she was going fully covered once married but she's bare-headed at her wedding. Can someone enlighten me on Orthodox tradition Lina is following or is she just doing whatever she wants?

I think so too. She is exotically beautiful (anyone knows her ethnicity, by the way?), and TT... well, he looks like he could be an extra in Trailer Park Boys.

I believe in the early days of her blog show wrote her parents immigrated to the US from Mexico. She is beautiful.

ETA beauty on the outside, the inside meh.

Yes, in one blog post she discussed visiting relatives in Mexico. Here it is if you want to read it. asetapartlife.blogspot.com/2009/07/what-do-you-mean-youve-never-had.html She describes her family (who is graciously hosting her and from the sound of it being very kind and hospitable) as "Christians for the most part" but laments that they do (gasp) date.

edited for punctuation issue

I don't get it why Lina headcovers on some days and not others. At first I thought she was going fully covered once married but she's bare-headed at her wedding. Can someone enlighten me on Orthodox tradition Lina is following or is she just doing whatever she wants?

She seems to be majorly copying Mrs. Anna T. from the "Domestic Felicity Blog." She didn't cover until after the ceremony, either, and I'm pretty sure she's Orthodox. In any case, Mrs. Anna T. had a pretty glam wedding dress and major makeup (she's channeling Cher) ccostello.blogspot.com/2008/04/wedding.html

not the frumpy get-up Lina chose. Notice she also imitates Mrs. Anna T.'s sign-off in a few posts.

Also sure Mr.s Anna T. would be pretty disgusted by Lina's faux-jewishnessss if I recall a few of her post coming-out posts.

At (actual) Orthodox weddings, the bride wears her veil on her uncovered hair for the ceremony. After the ceremony and the period of seclusion between the bride and groom, her mother or a married sister or friend helps the bride put on a wig or head covering before she makes the grand entrance at the reception. After that, she always covers her hair in public, and often in her own house too. The amount of hair that needs to be covered and things like that can depend on modern vs. ultra orthodox or community traditions. Of course, this is all about actual Orthodox Jews. Lina is probably just doing what she or, likely, what "Love" wants.

Archived