IGNORED

Geez, those Duggar daughters look tan all of a sudden.

Kelsrest

During the last few new episodes has anyone else noticed how tan they are, particularly for episodes that were filmed a few months ago? Jessa and Jinger look especially tan. I just thought it was a little weird but still in sync with the changes in the appearance of the Duggar women during the last few years.

There's a post on Goatherd's new fitness/health regimen elsewhere on this board.

Maybe the tan/fit appearance is part of that.

*snerk*

They've definitely discovered fake bake. Even Michelle looks orange/brown in some segments, although from pictures from earlier in her life, she appears to have a had a bit of olive tint (or tanned more brown than more fair people like her husband). But in the middle of WINTER? Not so much. The Jergen's stuff is pretty cheap; can it be found at Aldi's?

Poor Joy and grandma are the ones who have to wash the remnants off the sheets on a daily, or near-daily basis (which is why I stay pale...I'm too busy to wash my sheets because I want to wear shorts or skirts when it gets warm). doubt Princess Jessa, in particular, cares about the stuff coming off at night since laundry has long ceased being her jurisdiction.

Michelle has had the "tan in a bottle" look for quite a while now. I almost hope they are going to tanning salons. Those spray tans are awful!

Maybe they were told to in order to look better on tv?? Sometimes they do seem a tad....orange......

I am not making excuses (and they've looked particularly tan for some time now, maybe even a year) but I did think back to the particularly awful sunburns the girls got while skiing - Jessa's was so bad you could see it in the promo pictures people had posted online before the ep - and since they had obvious goggle marks, I wonder if they attempted to "even" themselves out.

Ok, so let's keep track here...

It's not right for a woman to wear pants in the Duggar family, because it will outline their ass... BUT, they can:

-Wear makeup

-Mouse, tease, and perm their hair

-Use self-tanner

All of these things are tools to attract others/make yourself look better. I can't imagine that the same God that wants a woman to wear skirts to protect men from ogling their asses would be in favor of women trying to gain attention with makeup/tanner/etc.

What's next? I bet DQ gets a facelift.

Didn't they all get sunburns during the ski trip? Can you tan skiing? Maybe the girls had to 'even out' their skin tones after that trip.

Michelle, on the other hand, has been morphing into a giant orange for the past year and a half.

OMG you guys are just mad jealous of the crinkly perms, rocking tans and sparkly eyelids the Duggar women rock so well.

Actually, I am kind of jealous of the perms. At least I used to be. Can doing those perms over and over make the hair look worse? Because I think their hair looks sort of dead and over-fried now, but when they first started sporting the perms I was insanely jealous.

Didn't they all get sunburns during the ski trip? Can you tan skiing? Maybe the girls had to 'even out' their skin tones after that trip.

Michelle, on the other hand, has been morphing into a giant orange for the past year and a half.

Nah, the girls, even Jana on occasion (when you can see her) have rocked the fake bake long before they got sunburned skiing...and you can get a worse burn on the slopes than on the beach. Ironic that Jordyn got into the sunscreen but it was apparently "too lowly" for the older girls to wear. Oh well, they certainly paid for it with ski goggle raccoon faces.

Actually, I am kind of jealous of the perms. At least I used to be. Can doing those perms over and over make the hair look worse? Because I think their hair looks sort of dead and over-fried now, but when they first started sporting the perms I was insanely jealous.

Yes! Perming dries your hair, and as long as their hair is it has certainly been permed many times. My hair is naturally on the edge of wavy and curly but didn't get that way until puberty. I have read that Gothard thinks women should wear their hair wavy because it draws attention to the face.

Michelle looks like a freakin oompaloompa lately. The girls are gorgeous, but I think they'd be prettier with healthy hair and a little color (rather than overdone everything).

Can you imagine how clogged the plumbing in that house must be? And I don't just mean the toilets. All... that... looooong... permed... hair! Assuming they wash it in the shower or sink, there have got to be some serious hairballs going through those pipes. Not to mention the hair tumbleweeds that must blow throughout the house. We've already seen evidence that their housekeeping isn't that great (blackened bare feet, the nasty toilets, underneath the drink station), so I'm sure there's hair everywhere, too.

In the Little Rock house there was only one functioning bathroom. An old house with old plumbing and all... that... hair. :shock:

I used to have extremely long hair when I was growing it to donate to charity. I also have a cat whose fur matches my hair and he sheds a lot. I used to have giant balls of reddish hair in every corner of my apartment, and they were just impossible to keep up with. I can't imagine how horrible it is in that Duggar house with all that hair that is likely falling out faster because of the bad home perms.

Yes, you can tan skiing but most likely you will get a very nasty burn.

Ok, so let's keep track here...

It's not right for a woman to wear pants in the Duggar family, because it will outline their ass... BUT, they can:

-Wear makeup

-Mouse, tease, and perm their hair

-Use self-tanner

All of these things are tools to attract others/make yourself look better. I can't imagine that the same God that wants a woman to wear skirts to protect men from ogling their asses would be in favor of women trying to gain attention with makeup/tanner/etc.

What's next? I bet DQ gets a facelift.

Or maybe another type of uplifting experience? After popping out a gazillion kids, "the girls" have to be dragging the ground. Can you imagine the industrial strength bra she has to wear?

Archived