IGNORED

650lb Virgin on TLC

Kitchen Princess

I haven't been watching this show, but I stopped on the channel to figure out what was playing.

I came into the middle of this scene, but I quickly gathered that it was a speed-dating kind of environment. All the women had a small lock on a string around their necks, and all the men had a key. Before I knew who the story was about, the narrator said something like "Joe Blow figures out a way to keep all the other keys from fitting in the lock." and then they show him breaking off the key in a woman's lock.

I was completely squicked out at this. The metaphor is so obviously penis in vagina. And then to take it to the next level of the ruined lock is such a rape/stolen virginity/ownership scenario. It's like, "Once I have you, I'm going to ruin you for anyone else."

::shudder::

I hate these types of shows. So what was the point of the locks? I understand the symbolism but was the game to see who could get the most keys to fit in the most locks?

Creaky, I'm trying not to squick until I've posted this ;) -- should this be in the Quiver Full of Chatter or Worldly Distractions? I'm not seeing the fundy/dominionist angle.

Is it that the idea of "ruining" a woman has hit the mainstream? If so, then, yeah, i see the connection.

Please forgive me for being slightly thickheaded this morning. Not enough coffee, perhaps. ;)

I don't know but that's pretty funny.

I think it was just an ice breaker at the speed dating event. A reason for the men and women to interact.

The show is about the fat guy who is no longer fat, trying to get laid. The part about the speed dating was very short. I just found it repulsive that this guy would break the key off in the lock. What is he going to do if he ever gets to put his dick in someone? Creepy.

And I don't appreciate the thread being moved, since I never post or read anywhere but Snark, AND I my point was on topic about patriarchy and its ills, NOT ABOUT THE SHOW.

I don't know but that's pretty funny.

I think it was just an ice breaker at the speed dating event. A reason for the men and women to interact.

The show is about the fat guy who is no longer fat, trying to get laid. The part about the speed dating was very short. I just found it repulsive that this guy would break the key off in the lock. What is he going to do if he ever gets to put his dick in someone? Creepy.

Forget about creepy, HOLY GOD OW THAT HAS TO HURT. I'm cringing here and I don't even have a dick. What kind of dumbass would want to break their dick off, for any reason?

Archived