IGNORED

Wonder What's up with the Bates?

IReallyAmHopewell

They haven't updated their blog in about a week....I suppose it could be something simple like internet is down . There's been a lot of "fellowshippin'" going on with other ATI high profile families......

They haven't updated their blog in about a week....I suppose it could be something simple like internet is down [i live rural--it happens during storm season]. There's been a lot of "fellowshippin'" going on with other ATI high profile families......

I have a feeling that we're going to see a courtship soon. They've been hanging out with the Paines and the Reiths a lot lately, so I wouldn't be surprised if Zach becomes engaged to a Reith girl and/or Erin becomes engaged to either Chad or Thomas Paine (both of the Paine boys are pretty cute!).

I hope so--pretty boring without new blood to snark on. Maybe they can put a trailer on the back 40 near Roscoe's barn....

I don't know if the Bates are ready to allow Erin to marry. I think they view her as the most pretty, talented and marketable of the elder daughters.

Hey, demgirl, I know this is kind of OT, but are you still going to write your Fundie Blog Roundup feature now that we're at our new home? I hope you do! :)

Aw, I'm glad you enjoy it. Yes, I will... I have a few entries written but I need to finish it off. Sometime in the next few days I will post one.

Aw, I'm glad you enjoy it. Yes, I will... I have a few entries written but I need to finish it off. Sometime in the next few days I will post one.

Good! I'm looking forward to it. They crack me up! :)

Good! I'm looking forward to it. They crack me up! :)

Adding to OT - I am looking forward to it too!

Maybe it's Michaela of the fabulous seamstress skillz that's courting! Maybe she's at work on the bridesmaids dresses right now! Clown costumes for everyone!

I have this feeling that Michaela would rather submit to Jessa Duggar than some handpicked fundie boy.

Never mind her vast array of multi-colored frumpers; someone needs to invite her to a Pride parade this weekend. There has to be one in Nashville or Memphis led by a big Elvis float (the Vegas years), right?

Wait, you think Michaela is gay?! I wouldn't have guessed her... However--Nathan? Yes!

Michaela is very pretty but she needs to dress her age and get out of her mom's sack jumpers and baggy shirts!

I think Michaela is what charitably can be called handsome-she has heavy features that would get so much from proper hair and make up tailored for just her like she would get at a professional make over.

They haven't updated their blog in about a week....I suppose it could be something simple like internet is down [i live rural--it happens during storm season]. There's been a lot of "fellowshippin'" going on with other ATI high profile families......

I suspect it might be the same reason why Ray Comfort has been fairly quiet lately, they are on the listed 'faculty' on Bill Gothard's new Embassy Institute (UOTDRT - university of the dining room table!).

I suspect it might be the same reason why Ray Comfort has been fairly quiet lately, they are on the listed 'faculty' on Bill Gothard's new Embassy Institute

How did I miss THAT? I even saw that web site!

The Bates on removing stress from your marriage?

1. Get friends to build you a new house that's almost big enough for all those kids.

2. Get friends to buy you a bucket truck so you can have a tree business.

3. Get friends to donate huge dining table and two huge vans for your huge family.

4. Make kids do everything except birth the babies but make sure a few kids have to attend the birth.

And, that said, I still like the Bates even with the KGB-approved in home kid security/spy system.

One of their daughters got married last year right? Is she pregnant yet?

No--not unless they kept it secret!

Maybe Gil and Kelly are busy attempting to have baby #19, again. It's a race between the Duggars and Bates on who is going to get pregnant next!

IIRC, they were doing a lot of traveling and don't seem to blog on the road. They were in NC last weekend (I just remember b/c it was my birthday) hearing the sage words of the guy who wrote that atrocious "It's in the Blood" song the Duggars favor. Heck, Michelle said it's her favorite song in the book...explains why we're subjected to it every other episode. At any rate, I expect a blog post from them within the next day or two once they're settled in back home.

And yes, I did imply that Michaela has every appearance of the more masculine type of women who likes women. I live in an area that is known for its high population of lesbian couples and trust me, even IN the frumpers, she'd fit right in. Not all lesbians look like Ellen and Portia (more like Rosie and Chaz Bono before the sex change). Unlike any of her sisters, she has very masculine features. She'll submit because she has to, but I don't think she'll have a happy marriage. :(

I don't think she'll have a happy marriage

Maybe she'll be smart and pick a little whimpy guy. After riding herd on upteen brothers/sisters she'd be great at telling her terrified husband what to do!! But you know, to the world, it would be submission of the wife!! ha!

On the subject of the appearance of the Bates girls,I truly believe Tori Bates is one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen ,while Carlin looks almost exotic.I also think Katie and Josie are very pretty young ladies.

• 4 years later...

OMG I love the title of this Forum. I was lmao when I saw the name for it. Good one whoever titled this forum.

I am glad the forums has moved on from it's old ways. And I love how spot on were the serious predictions. Bates #19 was made around that date. Erin ended up with chad. And we all have seen the awkward courtship pictures of Sarah reith and Zach

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived