IGNORED

American Horror Story

darareaksmey

I think Tate is dead. in the previews for the next episode, there is a part in which a SWAT team enters Constance's house which it seems to be a flashback. I think maybe Tate was killed by the SWAT team or he committed suicide.

I love the character of Constance but I feel she needs to go down and pay for all the shit she has done to others. She was never justified in killing Moira, she steals from people and she treated Addie like crap. I hated the bad girl closet scene.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dunno, Tate and Violet in general just kind of annoy me. Violet moreso though. It would be cute if they stayed together for good, I suppose. But yes, Constance is way creepy and mentally disturbed. I guess she could be genuinely upset about Addie dying but she did treat the girl pretty horribly. But that happens in real life too, so who knows.

I really want to know what the ultrasound tech saw that made her faint. That got kind of pushed to the back burner in the most recent episode.

I didn't care for Violet at first, but then I don't care for most teenage girls. In some ways she seems to have a little bit better head on her shoulders than her parents.

I wanna know what that ultrasound showed too. Upthread someone mentioned the fetus might have horns, which, given how bizarre everything else is, is not out of the question, is it? Or maybe it's a little black rubber guy.

I have watched the first three episodes, but read some spoilers about the next two and I'm going to watch them tonight. I almost want to stop watching it because some stuff in it is SO twisted that it makes me (only somewhat of a horror fan) uncomfortable! Well, mostly just the horrible part in the pilot where

the guy in the rubber suit has sex with the mom, Vivien! I was so upset!

On a shallow note, how gorgeous is young Moira?? She is so stunning.

I really want to know what all the supernatural "rules" are of this show and what the mechanics of the haunting are. So far it is rather weird and all over the place.

I have watched the first three episodes, but read some spoilers about the next two and I'm going to watch them tonight. I almost want to stop watching it because some stuff in it is SO twisted that it makes me (only somewhat of a horror fan) uncomfortable! Well, mostly just the horrible part in the pilot where

the guy in the rubber suit has sex with the mom, Vivien! I was so upset!

On a shallow note, how gorgeous is young Moira?? She is so stunning.

I really want to know what all the supernatural "rules" are of this show and what the mechanics of the haunting are. So far it is rather weird and all over the place.

You'll be relieved to know that the pilot and the second episode are pretty much the most gruesome so far, though there continues to be all kinds of bizarro stuff going on. I'd like to know the rules and mechanics, too! The 5th episode ("Piggy, Piggy") let us in on a couple of things I'd been wondering about; but it was pretty nongruesome. But it was still good. And there is a new character, a medium. Now I am suspicious of everyone--is she alive or not?

edit--Ooops. Piggy, Piggy is the 6th episode.

I've missed the pilot, unfortunately. Or maybe fortunately, I'm not so sure I want to see rubber suit guy having sex with Vivian.

But last night's episode scared the living daylights out of me.

I had guessed, like most probably did, that Tate killed those kids in a school shooting, but mass shootings like that are one of my worst fears EVER. It was kind of hard to watch. And I totally had a blanket right up to my eyes when he was doing the Mr. Piggy thing, right before the guy shot him.

So after last night, I kind of hate Tate too, in addition to Violet. I don't care much what happens with them. It was cool to finally learn what the ultrasound tech saw though!

I've missed the pilot, unfortunately. Or maybe fortunately, I'm not so sure I want to see rubber suit guy having sex with Vivian.

But last night's episode scared the living daylights out of me.

I had guessed, like most probably did, that Tate killed those kids in a school shooting, but mass shootings like that are one of my worst fears EVER. It was kind of hard to watch. And I totally had a blanket right up to my eyes when he was doing the Mr. Piggy thing, right before the guy shot him.

So after last night, I kind of hate Tate too, in addition to Violet. I don't care much what happens with them. It was cool to finally learn what the ultrasound tech saw though!

I can't remember the pilot that well, but I don't think the scene of Vivian and the rubber man was long. I think he just walked in and she thought it was Ben and the door closed.

I LOVE this show. Love it. It's so bizarre, and that's what keeps me coming back. I'd never seen any of the regulars except Evan Peters (he was the nice kid on the cancelled Invasion) before this show, but they are all so good!

I was just thinking about what is the most disturbing scene from this show so far. There's been lots of violence and weirdness, but do you know what creeped me out the most?

Vivian and the brains.

Yecch.

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone catch last night's episode? In it, we find out that poor Violet is now the ultimate SAHD--if you get my drift. . .

Did anyone catch last night's episode? In it, we find out that poor Violet is now the ultimate SAHD--if you get my drift. . .

So now what? I am wondering where her storyline can go now...

For me, at least, Violet's storyline would now be "when and how will Ben and/or Vivian find out she is dead? What will they do about it? Will they go from trying to sell the house to staying there simply so they can be with their daughter?" Of course they might not even get to that with the impending babies o' doom. I really like watching this show, but when I think about all the plotlines and the inconsistencies in the show's internal logic, I realize I watch it with a very generous mindset.

For me, at least, Violet's storyline would now be "when and how will Ben and/or Vivian find out she is dead? What will they do about it? Will they go from trying to sell the house to staying there simply so they can be with their daughter?" Of course they might not even get to that with the impending babies o' doom. I really like watching this show, but when I think about all the plotlines and the inconsistencies in the show's internal logic, I realize I watch it with a very generous mindset.

Inconsistiencies are always an issue with Ryan Murphy shows. But with this show since it is in the horror genre, it is to ignore certain beliefs.

Inconsistiencies are always an issue with Ryan Murphy shows. But with this show since it is in the horror genre, it is to ignore certain beliefs.

Re: a Violet storyline, I was thinking a bit more ambitiously. As y'all point out, anything goes in a Ryan Murphy show. So....maybe a twin dies and its soul enters Vi's dead body and her parents are never the wiser. Or maybe the twins have powers to bring the dead back to life. Or, hell, maybe some of the existing ghosts do. Moira had the ability to look differently depending on who was doing the looking, so maybe a ghost can go back to life. Or, think of this: who's to say she is really dead? Tate has some pretty interesting abilities himself, not the least of which is his superhuman strength with the suit on. Maybe he could make the living Vi spin around the house and grounds endlessly, unable to escape, and show her a vision of her corpse. This show could really make my head hurt if I thought about it too much.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember the pilot that well, but I don't think the scene of Vivian and the rubber man was long. I think he just walked in and she thought it was Ben and the door closed.

I taught in a high school for a few years, and what Tate did was my nightmare, especially when I was pregnant with my son.

I was sort of disappointed with the finale because of the cliffhanger. But overall the show was crazy and good. I can't wait to get more info on season 2 which will be a different story.

Yeah, can you believe we've seen the last of the Harmons and Murder House? I am kind of sad. Then again, I was surprised by: 1) Violet's death; 2) Viv's death and 3) Ben's death, so the whole last few episodes took me a bit aback.

I read that next season may still feature some of the same actors, though in different roles, which will be bizarre. Also, we've already been given clues to where the next season will be set, according to an interview with Ryan Murphy. I am guessing Jacksonville, which was mentioned several times as the home of Viv's sister Jo. But we'll have to wait till next October to find out. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah, can you believe we've seen the last of the Harmons and Murder House? I am kind of sad. Then again, I was surprised by: 1) Violet's death; 2) Viv's death and 3) Ben's death, so the whole last few episodes took me a bit aback.

I read that next season may still feature some of the same actors, though in different roles, which will be bizarre. Also, we've already been given clues to where the next season will be set, according to an interview with Ryan Murphy. I am guessing Jacksonville, which was mentioned several times as the home of Viv's sister Jo. But we'll have to wait till next October to find out. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I checked out the iMDB AHS boards a few days back, some people are predicting that season 2 might be about Vivian's sister. One person is predicting that it will be about Billie Dean the psychic, but I think Ryan Murphy said that the L.A. story is done. Ryan also said in a recent interview that there will be annoucement in February about which cast members will return and which people will join the cast. He said that the plot for season 2 should also be revealed at that time. I hope Francis Conroy, Alex Breckenridge, and Tassia Farmiga will return. I like Evan Peters but his fans overrate him and it is annoying.

Just saw a season 2 story saying the clue to the new location is in the Birth episode, Per Ryan. My hunch is either Vermont (Bob Newhart Show setting and show playing during cold open before first credits) or North Carolina (Roanoke) Croatoan, anyone? I guess Roanoke, Virginia might also be a possibility.

What do y'all think?

I'm still going with Jacksonville. If I remember the interview with Murphy, he said their were "clues" in the "last three episodes." I don't think anyplace besides Jacksonville was mentioned in more than one; for example, Roanoke was only talked about the one time. But I could be completely wrong. Murphy is full of surprises. :o

Murphys said that he "hid" it during the birth scene and you have to "go frame by frame". That seems to imply that theres a picture or something silent in the background. I already deleted it off my DVR...

Murphys said that he "hid" it during the birth scene and you have to "go frame by frame". That seems to imply that theres a picture or something silent in the background. I already deleted it off my DVR...

Hmmmm. I still have it. Maybe later tonight while DH takes the kids to catechism...

Let me know if you find anything!

Gah! I watched it again, and I'm damned if I can find any kid of reference beyond that Croatoan business. So perhaps it is Roanoake after all.

Connie Britton, BTW, was just as awesome the second time as a mother dying in childbirth.

• 7 months later...

Archived