IGNORED

Fundie Fashions at Forever 21

MissSeptember

Fundies can shop at Forever21!

Not sure if anyone reads this (non-fundie related) blog, but wtforever21 is a blog that makes fun of some of the ridiculous stuff Forever 21 sells. Recently she's been highlighting clothes that look like fundie outfits.

http://wtforever21.com/

the colombus day sales are disgusting!

Agreed. "Come shop in honor of the day Europe decided to begin a centuries-long genocide in the Americas!" Ugh, no thank you.

Fundie fashion is so ick in general. I'm kind of surprised that the "modern modest" Duggars don't make Michelle and their girls dress like the Amish. They could dress in all black, white, and wear the head coverings.

As a fundie, I can say Forever21 is one of my favorite stores, but I have many non-fundie friends who love it too. I am quite the fashion-forward fundie though I would say, and I would never wear that first dress....ever.

I love WTForever21 but I love 90% of what Forever 21 sells, as well. I have a lot of it in my closet, because they sell clothes for young people but they have a whole plus size section. The plus size stuff is still a fraction of the collection, but compared to most other stores with similar fashion tastes it's, well, plus size, so.

Oh my gawd, this is my favorite quote ever: "But just because you’re drinking spiced apple juice and bumming it around the house, doesn’t mean you have to look like a bridge troll while doing it.

omg, i love that blog. i am totally bookmarking it.

however, i would wear the first dress, hemmed to mid thigh to balance out the matronly top part.

It's been cracking me up this past year to see fundie-lite and modesty bloggers bemoan the lack of modest clothing available in stores and talk about how hard it is to find modest clothes.

Fashion right now is more concealing than it has been in years. Stylish hemlines are well below the knee. Runways are full of mid- to full-length dresses.

I'm relatively short, so exactly knee-length skirts look best on me. I've had a hard time finding things short enough to be flattering! I don't know what world they're living in.

I kind of like the dress too ._. I've always liked fabrics with small dots though. It's the collar that makes it so aging. I'd either replace it with a different collar or remove it entirely.

A lot of the stuff on there is pretty WTF-worthy though! I love Forever 21 but it does have some stuff I wouldn't touch with a 39.5 foot pole :P

The blog cracked me up. :lol:

RE: fundie fashion. The other day I noticed that Forever 21 even has a long denim skirt!!! Seems like more fundies should start considering shopping there, what with the bible quote on the bottom of the bags and all.

00032226-01.jpg

The blog cracked me up. :lol:

RE: fundie fashion. The other day I noticed that Forever 21 even has a long denim skirt!!! Seems like more fundies should start considering shopping there, what with the bible quote on the bottom of the bags and all.

I had to Google that since I've never noticed John 3:16 at the bottom of the bags before. How is anyone going to notice it?

I had to Google that since I've never noticed John 3:16 at the bottom of the bags before. How is anyone going to notice it?

I noticed it the first time I ever bought anything from Forever 21! Seems like they're scared that they'll get labeled "that religious store" so they hide the verse, but, of course, they're being good Christians by putting it anywhere on their bags in hopes that sinners will see it and repent. Or something.

LOL, that website is hilarious.

I have a love-hate relationship with Forever 21. Some of their stuff is cute, but their sizing is so whack and a lot of it is cheaply made. But at least it's inexpensive, so that if it does wear out after a few washings I'm not out an entire paycheck.

I don't shop much at Forever 21, but its fashions are similar to what you'd find in Wet Seal, Charlotte Russe, Rue 21, etc. And some you'd find anywhere that sells junior's clothing. F21s are hard to find around my hometown, but there's one at the mall near my uni. Their sizing is even more whacked than you'd find anywhere else, and when it comes to junior's clothes, sizing is already pretty whacked.

Of course, now that I know they're trying to evangelize, I'll stay the hell out of there.

I don't think they are trying to evangelize. It's just a weird statement of faith. The owners are Korean so I am surprised they are *that* Christian. In'n'Out does the same thing with their bags and cups. It's free speech and not obnoxious, so I ignore it.

ditto chick fil a. i dont think they have bible references printed, but they make a BFD about being closed on sundays so their staff can go to church.

and truly, you can pry my waffle fries and jumbo lemonade out of my cold, dead hands.

I don't think they are trying to evangelize. It's just a weird statement of faith. The owners are Korean so I am surprised they are *that* Christian. In'n'Out does the same thing with their bags and cups. It's free speech and not obnoxious, so I ignore it.

I live in an area of the country that according to statistics, has more Koreans than anywhere else in the world (except, you know, Korea). Korean evangelists are EVERYWHERE here. I collect mechanical pencils and fun pens, and there's a store here in the middle of the Korean district that sells imported pens and pencils and other stuff from Korea and Japan. There's a Korean church right next to it, and according to the store owner, it's really common for the church members to lurk around and harass her and her customers. They leave pamphlets all over the place, and accost people walking in and out of the stores in the shopping district (they usually leave me alone, though, once they realize I don't understand Korean). My cell phone is also almost exactly the same as (another) local Korean church, except with two numbers transposed. I get phone calls all the time for people trying to get ahold of the church. It's actually kind of funny, and I once had a very interesting conversation with a lady who taught me how to say "I am not a church" in Korean. (naneun gyouhoe aneiyo, in case you were wondering).

So yeah, there's Korean fundies too. They just tend to stick to Korean-language spaces, that's why we don't hear about them so much.

Honey Dew Donuts also puts a Bible verse on their cups, or at least they used to. It's been awhile...

I kinda like the polka-dot dress. I'd cut the arms off it, but the body of the dress was cute.

ditto chick fil a. i dont think they have bible references printed, but they make a BFD about being closed on sundays so their staff can go to church.

and truly, you can pry my waffle fries and jumbo lemonade out of my cold, dead hands.

I can't eat at Chick-fil-a because of their HUGE HUGE HUGE contributions to Focus on the Family. I just can't do it.

A little bible verse dosen't bother me though.

I live in an area of the country that according to statistics, has more Koreans than anywhere else in the world (except, you know, Korea). Korean evangelists are EVERYWHERE here. I collect mechanical pencils and fun pens, and there's a store here in the middle of the Korean district that sells imported pens and pencils and other stuff from Korea and Japan. There's a Korean church right next to it, and according to the store owner, it's really common for the church members to lurk around and harass her and her customers. They leave pamphlets all over the place, and accost people walking in and out of the stores in the shopping district (they usually leave me alone, though, once they realize I don't understand Korean). My cell phone is also almost exactly the same as (another) local Korean church, except with two numbers transposed. I get phone calls all the time for people trying to get ahold of the church. It's actually kind of funny, and I once had a very interesting conversation with a lady who taught me how to say "I am not a church" in Korean. (naneun gyouhoe aneiyo, in case you were wondering).

So yeah, there's Korean fundies too. They just tend to stick to Korean-language spaces, that's why we don't hear about them so much.

OMG the Korean fundies! One of the guys who used to be in my lab was complaining about the extent to which their influence had permeated the Korean community in the city he moved to. He'd been excited to move to an area where there was a larger Korean population so his kids could have friends who shared their language and culture, but instead found it hard to socialize and shield his kids from proselytization within the Korean community. He also said that other, non-Korean families were reluctant to facilitate friendships between their kids and his, because they had had bad experiences with their kids being proselytized by other Korean children in the past.

I used to live in that city and I had tried to figure out a way to tell him that Korean community there was kind of weird without sounding totally racist and offensive. Luckily, he's moving on to a better job and isn't stuck in a place he doesn't fit in.

Archived