IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 4: Will She Blog Post the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

The kitchen still isn't done. The backsplash still needs to be done and they still have paper blinds. Chelsy looks tired. It's most likely because she's pregnant. They really need to get that house finished before a newborn arrives and then another baby arrives 16 months later. Because you will have zero time for home renovations then. I know they say they are busy but geez. Chelsy doesn't work. She must just follow John around all day in everything he does so she can't get anything done herself. 

IMG_8174.PNG

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This morning I read the Maxwell and Bontrager wedding posts side-by-side.  The differences between the two posts were striking.  Alison talks about how fun John is, how he is loved and welcomed by the family, how the couple wanted a big but simple post-wedding party.  The Maxwell post is very stilted and utilitarian.  And virtually  NOTHING about how thrilled they are to have Chelsy join the family.  I can't decide if it because they aren't all that fond of Chelsy or because they are so focused on the son/man that female partner is utterly incidental/irrelevant/interchangeable???

5 minutes ago, daisyjane1234 said:

And virtually  NOTHING about how thrilled they are to have Chelsy join the family.  I can't decide if it because they aren't all that fond of Chelsy or because they are so focused on the son/man that female partner is utterly incidental/irrelevant/interchangeable???

Or because the posts are written by Sarah, who may (justifiably!) be getting a little jealous of those women a decade younger than her who are tying the knot before her.

Ok, this is BEC, but that is some ugly granite in Chelsy's kitchen.  It looks for the world like gravel.  There is some pretty granite, but that ain't it!

17 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Ok, this is BEC, but that is some ugly granite in Chelsy's kitchen.  It looks for the world like gravel.  There is some pretty granite, but that ain't it!

It's way too busy for my taste. I would be sick of looking at it after one day. I go for the simpler granite. I really hope they go with a simple backsplash. Because a busy granite and a busy backsplash will be heinous.

I never ask for child rearing advice from my mother when it comes to babies and young kids. She has no clue and I think she kind of knows it. Heck I don't even ask for much advice from those with teens! I think that after awhile some parents just plain FORGET SO MUCH. Or they blocked it out. I probably will. 

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I never ask for child rearing advice from my mother when it comes to babies and young kids. She has no clue and I think she kind of knows it. Heck I don't even ask for much advice from those with teens! I think that after awhile some parents just plain FORGET SO MUCH. Or they blocked it out. I probably will. 

I think you may have meant to put this on the Maxwell fun just dies thread. 

19 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think you may have meant to put this on the Maxwell fun just dies thread. 

I'm sorry I think I did. I swear I'm like scatterbrained lately. I'm like Teri with gathering supplies. I make it harder than it needs to be.

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm sorry I think I did. I swear I'm like scatterbrained lately. I'm like Teri with gathering supplies. I make it harder than it needs to be.

But did it take you four weeks to write it? 

Annnnndd Chelsy's in pants on IG. Which actually makes sense because she was ON A FARM AND WEARING THE APPROPRIATE CLOTHING. (Finally! Someone not wearing a knit maxi skirt while doing farm work/in a barn/with animals). Yes, you can do farm chores in an appropriate length and weight denim skirt. And the Mennonites in my area do wear a heavyweight dress to do farm things, so there is that.

ETA: I am aware she has also done the very un-Maxwell thing of wearing JEANS to hike in. Rufus bless.

What do you think Chelsy DOES all day? There don’t appear to be pictures on the walls or much decoration. I can’t even imagine how she occupies so much time.

Chelsy in pants during an outing with on of her SIL and her kids? Steve must be fuming :-)

And concerning the question what she is doing all day:

- she might still be doing the office work for her family's band

- maybe she is doing absolutely nothing and enjoying it. Although I love her family's work ethic, she probably never really had time off in her life before. And she knows that once she has kids on her own she'll be on her feet (and pregnant) 24/7 all year round.

- maybe she is already pregnant and dealing with severe morning sickness?

On 4/16/2018 at 11:31 AM, PennySycamore said:

My kitchen color scheme is the same but works SO much better than theirs! Thank you for BEC’ing, because I was beginning to question my decorating sense!  I’m not anymore. There are successes and there are failures with EVERY color combination!

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

Chelsy in pants during an outing with on of her SIL and her kids? Steve must be fuming :-)

Where did you see this?

24 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

Instagram stories from yesterday.

Was it her personal Instagram, which is private?  I'm not on that one.... can only see the Bontragers and if it was on theirs I must have missed it. 

14 hours ago, ophelia said:

concerning the question what she is doing all day:

- she might still be doing the office work for her family's band

- maybe she is doing absolutely nothing and enjoying it. Although I love her family's work ethic, she probably never really had time off in her life before. And she knows that once she has kids on her own she'll be on her feet (and pregnant) 24/7 all year round.

- maybe she is already pregnant and dealing with severe morning sickness?

Agree with all your ideas about what she's doing all day ( although the family blog/Allison's blog seems to indicate office work and tour scheduling have become Josh/Allison's responsibilities), and wanted to join in. I assume she's also spending a fair amount of time on communication- she sent out happy New Year's cards for her family and probably tons of thank you cards for wedding gifts and helpers. It sounds like she and her sisters still talk a lot and some family have already visited a few times. She and John are traveling a fair amount for his work and she's learning about a business she's  slated to join. But amongst all these things, I assume she's doing what I think all new fundie brides do while we wonder "what are they doing with their days that feels to them so busy?" She (and John) are probably doing a lot of fussing about their new relationship (no matter how long they knew each other first, when a relationship becomes physical and cohabitational all in a day, it's new now). They've got this very new thing which other than God is supposed to be the most central thing for the rest of their lives and they don't really know what it's going to be like yet, so they're fussing about all the little things to make each other happy, and time seems to be flying by. Small speculative example- I know some people who didn't live with their partner/have sex before marriage and have had trouble not wearing makeup in front of their partner and will get up early when they're first married to maintain the illusion they wake up wearing blush and eyeliner. Someone they love is also now pooping just a wall away and that's gonna be an adjustment. It's a whole new world, even beyond the obvious new use of time ( when I first started having sex, I remember thinking, "it can't be like this for everyone, or no one would leave the house ever" :pb_lol:). So this is my long winded way of saying, I think when a new fundie bride like Chelsy says they're swamped, I assume there's a whole lot of mental energy being expended as they figure out their life now, even if they don't have a lot of specific tasks.

On 4/17/2018 at 3:30 PM, deborahlynn1979 said:

What do you think Chelsy DOES all day? There don’t appear to be pictures on the walls or much decoration. I can’t even imagine how she occupies so much time.

Probably more than Derick Dillard does in a week.

I think Chelsy's probably pregnant and tired. But that's all the more reason they need to get the house done. Because home Renos and newborn's don't mix. I bet John loves Chelsy in pants.

requoting Sarah as quoted in the previous thread:

My favorite part of the ceremony might just have been when Mr. Bontrager asked my younger siblings to step forward. You see, if it hadn’t been for Dad and Mom’s change of heart regarding children, those lives wouldn’t be here. Including, no wedding for John and Chelsy. A very tender moment.

I'm pretty sure the 'change of heart' left Steve tender for a few weeks :P

9 hours ago, pandora said:

Someone they love is also now pooping just a wall away and that's gonna be an adjustment. 

I laughed so so hard. And you are absolutely right. It is a huge adjustment! 

Could Chelsy be doing what I’d be doing in her situation—hanging around the house with a mug of tea and READING? Like, stuff other than the Bible and Christianese?

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Chelsy's probably pregnant and tired. But that's all the more reason they need to get the house done. Because home Renos and newborn's don't mix. I bet John loves Chelsy in pants.

I believe that we've never see pics of the house's bedrooms? Or the back yard?

There may still be a lot of work to be done--there could be an attic or basement full of junk left by previous owners to clean out--and I hope Chels plans to put in a garden in the back.  

She could also be helping out her 2 SILs with their newborns.

32 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I believe that we've never see pics of the house's bedrooms? Or the back yard?

There may still be a lot of work to be done--there could be an attic or basement full of junk left by previous owners to clean out--and I hope Chels plans to put in a garden in the back.  

She could also be helping out her 2 SILs with their newborns.

Bedrooms are almost always the rooms that need the least amount of work. You can live with an ugly bedroom no problem. But old bathrooms and kitchens that don't work well are another story. And should get finished before a baby arrives. It's just another reason why people should be able to determine their own family timing and size by the use of BC methods.

Chelsy made another wedding post. This time about how she chose her bridesmaids:

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2018/04/our-wedding-part-four-how-i-chose-my.html?m=1

haven’t read it yet but I don’t get why she feels the need to write a post about it? they’re her sisters, SIL’s and cousin and best friend...that’s enough of an explanation to me. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived