IGNORED

Maxwell Blog: Preparing John the Baptist

anjulibai

New post up. Sarah goes on about God preparing John the Baptist in the wilderness and being patient while living in the wilderness. 

Hmm. Someone's trying to convince herself. 

God sent John the Baptist to the wilderness.

That's pretty much it.

BOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

17 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I don't remember posting this as a separate topic...

One of the helpmeets might have broken it off; I read something elsewhere, maybe by @Coconut Flan, regarding an effort to show Google that FJ has constant and new content, or something.

New blog post - Sarah sharing her favorites among C&J's wedding photos.

Screenshot_20180412-083035.png

Fave part of the ceremony: the officiant highlighting Stevehovah's gonad status.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180412-083125.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180412-083132.png

None of those photo show anything "stunning" or "grand."

I thought that was a picture of the choir--turns out it was the wedding party. Who has 12 bridesmaids?? Wow. Just wow. Not as bad as some of the wedding pictures.

Once upon a time, we all brought our wedding albums into work, to show off to each other. One girl, not a fundie, had FIFTEEN  bridesmaids. After only six years of marriage, she couldn't remember all their names...

I had my sister stand up with me. Twice. I can remember her name, after over 30 years.

Do the Maxwells know that blow up Dog is a main character in a cartoon on Nickelodeon called Paw Patrol? 

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Once upon a time, we all brought our wedding albums into work, to show off to each other. One girl, not a fundie, had FIFTEEN  bridesmaids. After only six years of marriage, she couldn't remember all their names...

I had my sister stand up with me. Twice. I can remember her name, after over 30 years.

I've been a bridesmaid in three weddings. Not ONE of them has all the maids and bride still on close terms. There are literally 3 people in this world I'm no longer on speaking terms with, and two of them are the brides I stood for. And none of these situations had anything to do with the actual wedding at all. It's amazing how time changes things.

20 minutes ago, molecule said:

The John the Baptist post made me feel so sad for Sarah.

Me, too. Like, she's really trying to hold out hope that she'll get married. I honestly don't see it ever happening. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Me, too. Like, she's really trying to hold out hope that she'll get married. I honestly don't see it ever happening. 

I feel sorry for all of them, stuck in a limbo of advanced childhood--never really seen as adults. Sarah must hurt seeing girls she knows (in their 'world') who are married with 3, 4 or more children at her age. Some of those marriages have to be genuinely happy--they can't all be awful. She has to be the unpaid help for her brothers' wives, too. She must want to scream. And there are Anna and Mary looking RIGHT AT their future as "useful spinsters" (thank you, Lady Edith). I do wonder if suicide has ever crossed their minds. I know their lives are radically different than mine--the expectation is to do exactly as they are doing and to be joyful in it. But how hard it must be to renovate yet another bi-level that isn't yours, help plan and participate in yet another wedding that isn't yours, and to care for yet another baby that isn't yours.  Sarah, especially, must be down to her last ounce of self-respect.

6 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I feel sorry for all of them, stuck in a limbo of advanced childhood--never really seen as adults. Sarah must hurt seeing girls she knows (in their 'world') who are married with 3, 4 or more children at her age. Some of those marriages have to be genuinely happy--they can't all be awful. She has to be the unpaid help for her brothers' wives, too. She must want to scream. And there are Anna and Mary looking RIGHT AT their future as "useful spinsters" (thank you, Lady Edith). I do wonder if suicide has ever crossed their minds. I know their lives are radically different than mine--the expectation is to do exactly as they are doing and to be joyful in it. But how hard it must be to renovate yet another tri-level that isn't yours, help plan and participate in yet another wedding that isn't yours, and to care for yet another baby that isn't yours.  Sarah, especially, must be down to her last ounce of self-respect.

I get the feeling Sarah likes the reversal baby idea because she got younger sisters she could push the work off on to. I am trying to find this one blog in the beginning where she was talking about how Anna and Mary could set the tables up all by themselves and she didn't have to do it anymore. 

Sarah gets little "privileges" though (the dog. The mochas. Some time to herself to write books). Not unlike Teri (the cat, deciding what type of prison food will be served next, some time in the limelight at conferences). I feel the two of them are so brainwashed and enmeshed in the cult that those little somethings, that the other cult members don't get, are enough to make them feel special and valued.

I wonder more about the two younger ones. If they marry off in birth order (apart from Sarah, who's probably more of a mother figure than a sister figure to them) it is now Anna's turn. Surely being passed over, with all the attention now focused on Jesse, will cause some slight questioning of Steve's, sorry, God's plan.

I'm not saying they'd rebel or anything like that. Just that the eyes might go dead and the any residual feeling of joy might just evaporate. They'll still be cleaning their brother's houses and walking their brothers' broods and working for free on their brothers' businesses just like Steve meant it to be.

I really do hope Steve goes ga-ga earlier rather than later, that the family business goes bust, and that these women have to get a paid job. The only thing they really need to break through is regular contact with some normal people

1 minute ago, OhNoNike said:

Guys. What does this say?  All I can see is “distracted prick”

91E94FCD-201A-4C7D-9460-44FA0C9A382F.png

distracted driver.  though yours is better. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

9 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

Just that the eyes might go dead and the any residual feeling of joy might just evaporate.

Steve will likely read this and make sure they aren't showing any "joy"--that could be misinterpreted as FUN and not keeping their eyes on the Lord.

7 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I thought that was a picture of the choir--turns out it was the wedding party. Who has 12 bridesmaids?? Wow. Just wow. Not as bad as some of the wedding pictures.

Pffft - 12 bridesmaids are for wimps! They had 14.

11 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Steve will likely read this and make sure they aren't showing any "joy"--that could be misinterpreted as FUN and not keeping their eyes on the Lord.

I don't think Steve has to read here for him to do that. Making people miserable is his MO. 

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Do the Maxwells know that blow up Dog is a main character in a cartoon on Nickelodeon called Paw Patrol? 

Marshall, the clumsy one! :my_biggrin: (My 7 and 9 year old are fans.)

14 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Marshall, the clumsy one! :my_biggrin: (My 7 and 9 year old are fans.)

Lol! My 3 year old just told me yesterday, "mommy you are clumsy just like Marshall." Gee thanks honey. 

21 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I've been a bridesmaid in three weddings. Not ONE of them has all the maids and bride still on close terms. There are literally 3 people in this world I'm no longer on speaking terms with, and two of them are the brides I stood for. And none of these situations had anything to do with the actual wedding at all. It's amazing how time changes things.

That's crazy! I was a maid of honor for my sister and my BFF. I'm still close with both. I was a bridesmaid for my cousin who has always been one of my closest friends and I was also a bridesmaid for a childhood friend. I'm still friends with both and we try to get together as often as we can. 

Now I only had 3 bridesmaids. My sister, my cousin, and my BFF. I doubt I will ever part ways with Amy of them although our closeness may become more distant some time in the future for one reason or another. 

I purposely only had 3 bridesmaids because I witnessed so many friends with huge wedding parties only stayed close with a couple of people. It seems like so much extra work and stress to have large wedding parties. I always tell people to pick their longest lasting and closest friendships and try not to have more than 5 bridesmaids. Otherwise you may regret it.

Archived