IGNORED

FBI raids Michael Cohen's office

AmazonGrace

What's in this PR twist for Trump? "Oh I was always horrible to Cohen so whatever he said he's just out to get me"?

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

What's in this PR twist for Trump? "Oh I was always horrible to Cohen so whatever he said he's just out to get me"?

And why is Stone making this kind of statement?  Trying to curry favor with Cohen or put himself in a position of influence with Cohen?  These are all massively flawed human beings, so I guess they have a flawed approach to life; thus,  their actions can't be interpreted by normal people with a reasonably functioning moral compass. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Yesterday I got up at Insane-o-Clock to take kid to soccer game.  Then we drove all over hell and back yesterday to buy OneKid some new cleats. So co comparatively speaking, my weekend was better. Oh and I'm going to leave on out of here it  bit to go hear my Congressman at a town hall on gun violence. 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Yesterday I got up at Insane-o-Clock to take kid to soccer game.  Then we drove all over hell and back yesterday to buy OneKid some new cleats. So co comparatively speaking, my weekend was better. Oh and I'm going to leave on out of here it  bit to go hear my Congressman at a town hall on gun violence. 

Yesterday I was busy helping my brother move house, finishing up doing my back garden (yay three days of power washing, yuck to messy mud everywhere -- the damned stuff was even in my bra, wtf) and doing some late evening baking (one vegan cheesecake that turned out to be mousse because the darned recipe didn't use enough agar agar and one lemon cloud-cake). This morning I did the housecleaning that I didn't get around to because of the power washing. But nevertheless my weekend was much better too, because this afternoon we had a wonderful time with my parents, my sons and little grandson in the new and improved garden, enjoying the last sunny hours of unusually hot weather this week. 

• Upvote 7

I learned this piano improvisation (too bad, I could have used a million dollars)

• Upvote 4

This weekend I ran my first 5k -- without stopping -- since having very minor surgery a few months ago.  It's amazing how the old muscle tone goes away when you need to take a couple months off.  But, success!  So my weekend has definitely been better, sore joints and all.  :my_smile:

:Yes:

• Upvote 8

Yay you! I took the winter off for clumsiness and my lungs not liking icy air reasons, and getting back into it hasn’t been easy. I’m running the Zombies, Run! Virtual race tomorrow though. I’m not expecting a PB though, just to finish.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

So interesting that The Guardian is consistently doing solid and  incredible investigative journalism ....and f**k Hannity.  One can only hope that those probing his finances will find something really illegal that will bring him down.  Would love to see him brought down. 

• Upvote 6

This is the latest filing in the Cohen case. 

The best part is in a footnote:

----

3. As the Court is aware, after originally stating that the Government seized "thousands, if not millions," of pages of privileged documents, Cohen subsequently identified three current clients. Of those three clients, one, Sean Hannity, has since said that "Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter. I never retained him, received an invoice or paid legal fees." Another, President Trump, reportedly said on cable television this morning that Cohen performs " a tiny, tiny little fraction" of his overall legal work. These statements by two of Cohen's three identified clients suggest that the seized materials are unlikely to contain voluminous privileged documents, further supporting the importance of efficiency here. 

----

Damn, they're fast, aren't they?

• Upvote 6

Trump just makes this easy for them. I bet all his lawyers, including Cohen wants to kill him right now. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Another loss for the presidunce: neither Cohen's counsel or he himself will be able to review the seized Cohen documentation. Judge Woods appointed a Special Master.

According to the above link Barbara Jones is a former judge in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, and was appointed by Bill Clinton.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

According to the above link Barbara Jones is a former judge in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, and was appointed by Bill Clinton.

Cue Dumpy's hissy fit on twitter.

• Upvote 6

Yes, it's Friday night and I'm watching Morning Joe. I have no life.

They said they talked to someone who knows Cohen and allegedly he's really upset that Trump blew up the whole legal case and perhaps he doesn't feel like Trump has his back now.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Anyone know who Thomas Gassnola, aka TJ, is? Because he just plead guilty in the Cohen case...

A quick google search resulted in this article from February 24:

WMass AAU program director T.J. Gassnola named in NCAA men's basketball FBI probe

The program director for a high-level AAU boys basketball program from Western Massachusetts, T.J. Gassnola, was named in the recent FBI probe of NCAA basketball, reported by Yahoo! Sportson Friday morning.

The FBI probe uncovered a balance sheet, obtained by Yahoo! Sports, from former NBA agent Andy Miller and his company ASM Sports. Gassnola, who runs the Adidas-sponsored New England Playaz program, appears to have received $17,300 -- an amount listed as an asset on the balance sheet.

Gassnola's attorney, Dan Kelly, said the money was for a pre-draft workout.

"It was money that (Gassnola) helped coordinate for a pre-draft workout and coaching and related expenses to a pre-draft workout for someone who had already declared for the draft," Kelly said.

Gassnola has a history of involvement with ASM. In 2012, the Playaz were one of four teams banned from participating in July events (one of the busiest times of the AAU season) due to Gassnola's association with Miller and ASM. The NCAA obtained an email from Miller to the four program directors telling them "you have to want it" and "do more than just give it thought, act on it." Playaz athletes were allowed to participate in July events as long as they could prove their new teams were not involved with Gassnola. 

Friday's revelations from Yahoo! Sports would suggest the relationship between Gassnola and ASM continued. When contacted for comment, Gassnola directed MassLive to his attorney.

Kelly declined comment on any potential NCAA violations, but he said there was "nothing in the relationship between Mr. Miller and ASM with respect to Mr. Gassnola that would violate any criminal statutes, as far as we're concerned."

"I think they've had a long-standing friendship, and what came out today just kind of reiterated that," Kelly said.

One former Playaz athlete, Erik Murphy, is named on the ASM balance sheet. However, Murphy -- an ASM client -- has been a professional since 2013, which would make any money received from ASM in 2015 legal.

What this has to do with Cohen, I have no idea, but the Big Cases Bot has linked it to the search warrant of April 9, so there has to be a link somewhere.

Edited by fraurosena
info on Gassnola
  • Upvote 4