IGNORED

Baby Vuolo Is a Girl

GnomeCat

Finally one of my predictions was right!

lets go Emma Grace Vuolo

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Yes, it needed a separated topic. We are trying to increase the number of new threads.

Also because having threads dedicated to single specific events/topics can help to locate discussions for future reference.

Thanks to everybody who tries to help with it.

Nothing but a new thread would have distracted me from Jill R's pending birth so thank you!

I’m so confused by all the comments about Jill and Jessa wanting girls and Jinger being ‘lucky’ and somehow having one up on the sisters. Jill and Jessa have two boys each whom they seem to adore. I have three boys and a girl last. Trust me, when I had my boys, I didn’t give a flying fuck about other people birthing girls. I only cared about my boys. If anything I felt I didn’t relate, although of course I wished them well. And when I had my daughter, she was no more special than her three big brothers had ever been.

Just now, Irishy said:

I’m so confused by all the comments about Jill and Jessa wanting girls and Jinger being ‘lucky’ and somehow having one up on the sisters. Jill and Jessa have two boys each whom they seem to adore. I have three boys and a girl last. Trust me, when I had my boys, I didn’t give a flying fuck about other people birthing girls. I only cared about my boys. If anything I felt I didn’t relate, although of course I wished them well. And when I had my daughter, she was no more special than her three big brothers had ever been.

well Jinger does have one up on her sisters if she is going to be quiverfull. She has a sister mom as the eldest. right now if Jill and jessa keep having boys they are screwed there are no older daughters to pawn the babies off on.

Just now, Irishy said:

I have no idea what Jessa thinks, but Jill definitely demonstrated that she was hoping for a girl (she may have even come right out and said it, but I can't remember now). Of course, there's nothing wrong with that, and it definitely doesn't mean she loves her sons any less!

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I have no idea what Jessa thinks, but Jill definitely demonstrated that she was hoping for a girl (she may have even come right out and said it, but I can't remember now). Of course, there's nothing wrong with that, and it definitely doesn't mean she loves her sons any less!

I can't remember Jill's reaction, and i wish I could find the Sam reveal episode because I remember Cathy said something that really pissed me off about being upset about Sam not being a girl. 

2 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I can't remember Jill's reaction, and i wish I could find the Sam reveal episode because I remember Cathy said something that really pissed me off about being upset about Sam not being a girl. 

I remember being really surprised by how blatant Cathy was about it! Jill's reaction wasn't nearly that blatant - it seemed pretty obvious that she was hoping for a girl, but it wasn't like she was devastated or even overly disappointed (at least outwardly).

9 minutes ago, Irishy said:

I've also wondered where the theory that the Duggar sisters (sisters-in-law don't count, sorry Anna) all had some sort of unspoken "race for the first girl" competition going on came from. Jessa seems completely smitten with her boys. It's true that Jill has hinted (or outright said? Can't remember) that she wanted a girl, but it's entirely possible she just wants a girl for herself, or because she's a people pleaser and wants to make Cathy happy, not necessarily to beat her sisters (although I wouldn't put it past her). Joy never hinted at any preference and only said she felt like the baby was a boy. Curious how that rumor got started.

10 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I've also wondered where the theory that the Duggar sisters (sisters-in-law don't count, sorry Anna) all had some sort of unspoken "race for the first girl" competition going on came from. Jessa seems completely smitten with her boys. It's true that Jill has hinted (or outright said? Can't remember) that she wanted a girl, but it's entirely possible she just wants a girl for herself, or because she's a people pleaser and wants to make Cathy happy, not necessarily to beat her sisters (although I wouldn't put it past her). Joy never hinted at any preference and only said she felt like the baby was a boy. Curious how that rumor got started.

it think it was a ratings thing. people figured that the first girl after so many boys would bring in huge ratings and the daughter that did that would be praised to high heavens. 

Also I think that compation was just between Jill and Jessa those two have shown themselves to be uber competive with each other. who would be the first to court, down the aisle, baby. and Jessa basically said ha ha we had the second kid first now we can give them pointers. 

A Mexican food truck and polenta cart sound amazing to me right now. That was my only take away from that article. Jinger’s dress is super cute. I like the neon light. Scavenger hunts are dumb. I still can’t stand Jeremy. This kid is getting named Joanna Magnolia Gaines Vuolo. 

3 hours ago, Honeysuckle said:

I know gender reveals are trendy right now, and I'd probably go to one and eat cake and keep my thoughts to myself, but there are limits. There is no way I would ever run an obstacle course just for the privilege of finding out if someone else's fetus has a penis or a vagina.

Lmao! I agree wholeheartedly! These gender reveal parties/reveals/ events are really getting ridiculous! I’m actually surprised jinger and Jeremy did something so over the top. 

Can I be honest? I absolutely hate gender reveals in general. And I secretly hate when people find out what they are having before birth. I don’t know why. I don’t have a rational explanation to explain why I feel this way! Lol (I totally respect other people’s decisions to find out and never say anything negative to anyone about how I feel. I truly don’t mean to offend anyone who found out the sex of their babies.) I chose not to find out the sex of both my babies until birth and it was awesome! It was so much fun to speculate with friends and family about what we were having. And my friends and family were in the edges of their seats waiting to find out. I think when people already announce the sex (and sometimes even the name) of their baby beforehand it’s not as exciting when the baby is actually born. 

This is the first time I'm right about a Duggar baby's gender/sex! I was thinking that for sure that Joy was going to have the first girl since she was the first girl after a bunch of boys, but I turned out to be wrong. Now to see if they are going to be naming their baby Ava Esther Vuolo... 

1 minute ago, Jessesgirl said:

Lmao! I agree wholeheartedly! These gender reveal parties/reveals/ events are really getting ridiculous! I’m actually surprised jinger and Jeremy did something so over the top. 

Can I be honest? I absolutely hate gender reveals in general. And I secretly hate when people find out what they r having before birth. I don’t know why. I don’t have a rational explanation to explain why I feel this way! Lol (I totally respect other people’s decisions to find out  and never say anything negative to anyone about how I feel. I truly don’t mean to offend anyone who found out the sex of their babies.) I chose not to find out the sex of both my babies until birth and it was awesome! It was so much fun to speculate with friends and family about what we were having. And my friends and family were in the edges of their seats waiting to find out. I think when people already announce the sex (and sometimes even the name) of their baby beforehand it’s not as exciting when the baby is actually born. 

Having found out both that both of my children were boys ahead of time, I completely disagree that it's more exciting. I can assure you I and my family were plenty excited, very surprised and definitely spent a lot of time speculating. 

You can do you, but please don't make assumptions about those that do differently, and then judge them for it. 

5 minutes ago, Jessesgirl said:

Can I be honest? I absolutely hate gender reveals in general. And I secretly hate when people find out what they r having before birth. I don’t know why. I don’t have a rational explanation to explain why I feel this way! Lol (I totally respect other people’s decisions to find out  and never say anything negative to anyone about how I feel. I truly don’t mean to offend anyone who found out the sex of their babies.) I chose not to find out the sex of both my babies until birth and it was awesome! It was so much fun to speculate with friends and family about what we were having. And my friends and family were in the edges of their seats waiting to find out. I think when people already announce the sex (and sometimes even the name) of their baby beforehand it’s not as exciting when the baby is actually born. 

if family and friends aren't just as excited to meet the new baby when they already know the gender/name. as they would be without knowing that information then that is pretty shitty. 

3 minutes ago, Jessesgirl said:

Some of us want to know so we know which box of baby clothes to donate and which to wash. I liked knowing my last one was a boy...then I knew I could get rid of the girl baby clothes and get the boy clothes ready. 

And, believe me, the one I knew was a boy before he was born, well, it was just as exciting and special as when I had the other two that I didn't know. Maybe it was more special, he already had a name and had been referred to by name for about 4 months before he was born...The other two were just "the baby", some nebulous thing that was beating the shit out of my uterus...and the last one was D...a person, a tiny human. 

I think the over the top party was probably filmed for TLC/ Counting On. I definitely think that they will limit their child numbers and be more relaxed with regards to education but wont lighten up when it comes to viewpoints. This is given Jeremy's upbringing and his approach. Conservative but comparatively chilled given Jinger's upbringing.

4 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

Not gonna lie, Magnolia Vuolo sounds really pretty to me. They could call her Lia. Or Maggie.

Like this name and the nicknames. 

24 minutes ago, Jessesgirl said:

Pro tip - if you’re not looking to piss people off, maybe don’t say you “hate” when people do X action. Because, spoiler alert, you’re going to piss people off and get called out for it.

We found out because I miscarried our first. We were, obviously, ridiculously excited to make it that far after our loss and it was a way to help us bond with the pregnancy - we had spent the entire pregnancy up to that point worried about another loss and this was a milestone we were able to take a lot of joy in. My sister experienced PPD after having her first child. She opted to find out the sex of her second child (another adorable boy) with the hopes that knowing as much as possible prior to the birth would help her feel more prepared and less susceptible to having PPD again. 

Everyone was thrilled when my daughter was born healthy and safe - especially because she was born prematurely - despite knowing the sex ahead of time. It was still an incredibly exciting moment for us all and I know it’ll be just as exciting when my second nephew arrives this summer. It’s pretty sad to think there are people who wouldn’t feel just as excited about welcoming a new baby just because they knew the sex ahead of time. 

I think Juniper would be a nice name for them to use. it's one of my guilty pleasure names. not something I'd actually use but I still love it. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived