IGNORED

Baby Vuolo Is a Girl

GnomeCat

Jill's got to be mad. 

Jill did everything right (by her standards) and her life is not perfect. Not that Jinger's is either, by any standard. But Jinger is living in a city (gasp) wearing pants! (I know Jill is now, too, but still) and she gets a girl.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

But most of the cute girl cloths (or boy cloths) for babies are onesies.  My LO didn't care one way or another, because it largely felt the same to him if he was in his tux or any other cloths.  Because it was still a onesie.  

I think people over blow how annoyed babies get by this stuff.  I don't think they care at all.  

Honestly, I get it. I'm not trying to criticise the way anyone here chooses to dress their children, and I think that what I was intending to be a criticism of the way fundies tend to treat their babies with regards to this probably came across as an insult to anyone who ever dresses their babies in anything other than a sleeper ever, and that's not what I intended. Apologies for that. 

And I should probably clarify. Dressing babies in special, showy clothes every once in a while isn't a bad thing to do, obviously, and it's every parent's prerogative to dress their children how they please. However, the fundie practice of smothering their baby girls in massive headbows and dresses that look uncomfortable, with all the tulle and petticoats and bows, where boys get to be comfortable in sleepsuits and elasticated baby jeans just reeks of their whole mindset that girls must look and keep and be sweet at all times where boys just get to exist and that's enough. 

It's entirely possible that I'm looking too much into it, and maybe the babies themselves truly don't mind (though I'd argue that fundie babies aren't particularly allowed to mind/ have an opinion on it). I think the difference is that most, if not all of us here, would take the baby into consideration if they were unhappy/uncomfortable, whereas I'm willing to bet fundie babies just have to put up and shut up.

Ugh. I’m exhausted just reading about the SEX reveal. Just give me some damn ice cream, light the sign, and be done with it JinJer.

The day we had the anatomy scan for our daughter, I took two photos of my dog posing with a chalkboard.* One said, “It’s a boy!” and the other said, “It’s a girl!” We sent the appropriate one to family via text after finding out. So I guess that was our sex reveal.

*My dog posed with the same chalkboard to announce my pregnancy, so I thought it was appropriate to have her announce the sex to family too.

Just now, adidas said:

Isabella?

That's what I'm guessing. Or maybe Sofia, Olivia, Mia or Alessia. 

Now watch them confound all the predictions and go with a gender neutral name like Emerson, or something like 'Nyvaeyah'. :P 

Why do we think Jill definitely wanted a girl the most? Jessa seems very very happy with her little boys, but I could see her wanting the "first" girl too. 

I STILL don’t get why people think a Vuolo girl is the best for a Duggar offspring?

theyre not any different! They haven’t shown any difference aside from fitting the ‘trendy hipster Christian’ box well. Their daughter won’t be allowed to go to college, she won’t get to go to prom, or play organized sports, she won’t be allowed to make her own life choices regarding relationships with other people, birth control, her future job options. There isn’t anything different here from a Dillard or Seewald or Forsyth or Duggar 2.0 having a girl except her last name. 

1 minute ago, GreatScott said:

I STILL don’t get why people think a Vuolo girl is the best for a Duggar offspring?

theyre not any different! They haven’t shown any difference aside from fitting the ‘trendy hipster Christian’ box well. Their daughter won’t be allowed to go to college, she won’t get to go to prom, or play organized sports, she won’t be allowed to make her own life choices regarding relationships with other people, birth control, her future job options. There isn’t anything different here from a Dillard or Seewald or Forsyth or Duggar 2.0 smoky except her last name. 

For me the difference is that they waited a year.  We don't know if it was on purpose, but it might have been.  Jeremy did like or post something about stopping having kids when it was too much for someone's wife.  It seems possible that they did something to prevent.  

All that indicates that they may not have a tun of kids, which makes sister moms less likely.  So this baby's future will be limited, but there may also be a childhood, or at least more than the J slaves had.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

That's what I'm guessing. Or maybe Sofia, Olivia, Mia or Alessia. 

Now watch them confound all the predictions and go with a gender neutral name like Emerson, or something like 'Nyvaeyah'. :P 

If it’s not a misspelled herb or spice name - like Rosemerry or Parsleigh or Time or, my personal favorite, Sinnamon - then I’m going to be massively disappointed. :pb_lol:

Regardless, the only thing I hope is that the labor goes well and everyone comes through healthy. Otherwise? It’s just another kid being born into a patriarchal cult who is very likely going to face some limited life options. I’m not rejoicing over another innocent kid being born into this family, though I certainly wish her the very best and I do hope her parents prove me wrong by doing right by her. 

2 minutes ago, GreatScott said:

theyre not any different! They haven’t shown any difference aside from fitting the ‘trendy hipster Christian’ box well. Their daughter won’t be allowed to go to college, she won’t get to go to prom, or play organized sports, she won’t be allowed to make her own life choices regarding relationships with other people, birth control, her future job options. There isn’t anything different here from a Dillard or Seewald or Forsyth or Duggar 2.0 smoky except her last name. 

I guess we'll see in a few years. right now though if i Had to pick any Duggar to not home school it would be JInger. also I think Jinger and Jeremy will limit their family which will better better for the kids. We know that Jeremy's church doesn't frown on limiting family size. 

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Does this need its own thread, or should it be in the JinJer thread?

Just curious. Not throwing stones.

Yes, it needed a separated topic. We are trying to increase the number of new threads.

Also because having threads dedicated to single specific events/topics can help to locate discussions for future reference.

Thanks to everybody who tries to help with it.

1 hour ago, Samallama said:

I'm happy for them. The trend was going to end eventually, and while I do agree that anyone raised by Jeremy won't be very free, I also think Jinger's daughters will probably have the least amount of sister-mom work (compared to the other grandkids). So I'm glad Jinger was the one to have a girl.

Edit to add: The ballet-theme with the cake and the cardboard cut out ballerina is a little surprising. Ballet is very un-modest, by Duggar standards. 

The ballet theme wasn't chosen by them, it was a friend who put on the shower I thought.

My 'gender reveal' was me texting people "What's your final guess? Boy or Girl?" and when they responded I would respond with either "CORRECT!" or "WRONG".  Only one person guessed correctly.

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

If it’s not a misspelled herb or spice name - like Rosemerry or Parsleigh or Time or, my personal favorite, Sinnamon - then I’m going to be massively disappointed. :pb_lol:

How about Kurry

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Now you've got me thinking of names of herbs and spices that could have normal-sounding nicknames that they could use for their kids (obviously excluding the ones that I already commonly used as names).

Thyme - Timmy

Parsley - Lee/Leah

Cinnamon - Minnie

Coriander - Corey

Turmeric - Merry or Ricky

Allspice - Allie

7 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Why do we think Jill definitely wanted a girl the most? Jessa seems very very happy with her little boys, but I could see her wanting the "first" girl too. 

Because of how desperately Jill wanted credit for the second boy? Because she needs attention for everything and the first girl would be it?

I think she also mentioned wanting Israel to be a girl, too. 

I don't think Jessa wants the first girl, per se. I think she probably wants a girl, but she seems more chill about it than Jill. 

3 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Because of how desperately Jill wanted credit for the second boy? Because she needs attention for everything and the first girl would be it?

I think she also mentioned wanting Israel to be a girl, too. 

I don't think Jessa wants the first girl, per se. I think she probably wants a girl, but she seems more chill about it than Jill. 

I think Jill really wants to use the girls name she picked out. Selah. Jessa I don't see as having a ready name all picked out. with that family i could see Jill hoping for a girl fast so no one steals her name. (Not that I think anyone would want it) I remember Austin joking that he was glad they were before Joken and Jinjer so their name wouldn't get stolen. 

19 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Her first pregnancy she thought the baby was a girl- even the Dillards PG announcement had his, her and baby girl shoes-

IMO, when the announcement of the sex was revealed, Jill seemed disappointed-

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

IMO, when the announcement of the sex was revealed, Jill seemed disappointed-

Yeah, I can't really remember her reaction to finding out that Izzy was a boy, but she seemed clearly disappointed to discover she was having a second boy. Cathy did, too. The reaction was very much, "Oh well... I guess there's always next time..." They seemed to really be hoping for a girl (Jill and Cathy did, anyway - not sure about Derick).

Well, I guess since I can't do my regular "It's a boy and his name is Fred", I'll guess for real;

My picks are Ariana, Elisa/Elisabetta, Caterina or Eva, all have religious meanings to them and are Italian. 

I think Isabella is too common (though has a religious meaning) and Christina is too obvious. 

39 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

It’s ok with Jesse. I checked. She just wants everyone to know that. That and she loves the name Miranda viulou, that or Gaines 

1 minute ago, nst said:

It’s ok with Jesse. I checked. She just wants everyone to know that. That and she loves the name Miranda viulou, that or Gaines 

there is actually a family that youtubes that used the name Gaines as their daughters middle name and they call her by that. 

• Bayzil
  • Karaway
  • Hatch (regular spelling because Hatch rules)
  • Jillpotle
  • Saphron
  • Habrnairo
  • Terrigone
  • Dill (for Jill's next kid)

Just now, onekidanddone said:

Jillpotle

Hahahahahahaha, okay, you definitely win!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived