IGNORED

Baby Vuolo Is a Girl

GnomeCat

14 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Candace. A  name mentioned in the Bible. A powerful line of Queens( and a great actress) so automatically Bad Ass. Easy to spell, pronounce and Your little girl can be Candy  with she option of a perfectly respectable adult name later. 

Ticks all the boxes. 

Trust me when I tell you people don't find it easy to spell. My sister's name is Candace..... her mail comes to Candice pretty frequently.  She has never gone by Candy though, which would admittedly be much easier to spell.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have family friends. One of their daughter's is named Julie. However her sister calls her Rita or Rit. She has been doing it for years. 
My daughters' nicknames have nothing to do with their dignified given names-- Barbie, Jibs, Jujubee and Ralphie

On 4/10/2018 at 7:18 PM, SamiKatz said:

My name is a nickname, but as a nickname, my family calls me by the actual name!

Say what now?

I was given the French form of my name, which ends in "ie" instead of the Latin "ia," and I hate when people assume it's a nickname.  It's not.  

On 4/18/2018 at 5:03 AM, tabitha2 said:

I Think of Molly Moo Cow .It’s like naming your daughter Clarabelle or Bessie in my opinion. 

I honestly love the name Bessie. I had a lovely neighbor who went by that. 

My son is Tristan, he's 10, I'd never met any Tristan's before (doesn't everyone say that?) But it seems to me moving up the list, for both boys and girls... He doesn't have another one in his class, but pretty regularly when I call his name when we're out and about, there is either a Tristan there, or someone comments on the one they know. I've met a few girl Tristans (or Tristin or Tristen), and and my BIL (sister's husband) has a sister named Tristyn, and she's in her mid 20's at least. My poor niece has a cousin Tristan and an Aunt Tristyn, lol

Bessie is what I named my washing machine :pb_lol: I have a policy of naming my white goods, they work incredibly hard in my house and I often spend more time with them than the humans who live here. Bessie was hard working and reliable but when she died after 10 years of devoted service she was replaced by Florrie, the tumble drier is called Cyril :my_blush:

My daughter named my minivan Priscilla.  I laughed because I thought of Prissy Waller when she said it...lol.  

We have "the Durney" (Dodge Journey but I was given DUR as part of my license plate so yeah, gotta love my teenagers for that one!) and the Bug. Self explanatory. 

My family names all cars according to their color, size and „personality“... Our current one‘s name is Long John Silver. My first car was a tiny Daihatsu Cuore who lived 15 years and who‘s name was Mole. I have the feeling that if you give things names that you‘ll treat them better and they last longer :giggle:

My car is a little white hatchback with a yellow numberplate in the middle so she's Daisy.

Last car number plate started with ZAY so she was Zaydee.

Phone is Wilbur. Last phone was Cedric. No reason. Just thought they were cool names for phones lol.

I used to have a bicycle I named Bettina. It was an old-fashioned lady's bike and that name really suited her. My sister had a car called Little Blue. Little Blue was not that small, more an average sized car but that was still his name. This car was really a surplus that they didn't really need but they kept it for nostalgic reasons once they had kids. One day her husband and a couple other people were driving along a dirt road and it was very dry and the road got really dusty and my oldest brother accidentally killed Little Blue when he rear ended it with his considerably larger car. No one got hurt but both cars had to be trashed. My sister told my mom about the accident by calling him crying and saying that "S called Little Blue!"

My current car is Bellatrix. Our two "toy cars" also have names, related to their color. DH's current vehicle isn't named, but his previous one was also a Bessie.

I've had a Carly and a Camilla (both second-hand Camrys driven into the ground).  Camilla died last year.  Dramatically.  She was 15 and not worth the repairs.  Second-hand Sally (Scion) and I are making friends, but I still miss Camilla.

Mr. P doesn't name his cars.

My husband bought these 3 huge purple duffle bags for when he travel to So America. We generally bring lots of stuff and the bags weigh nothing, which allows us more weight for products.  Anyhow, he has named the purple bags Marie. This is in honor of Marie from Breaking Bad...she loved purple and practically everything she owned was purple.

The hubs at baggage claim: "Ok, we have 2 blue bags and 3 Maries."

My car is a Nissan Rogue named Anna, after Rogue from X-Men.

My husband has a Kia Optima that's been christened Optimus Dan.

Of course, most of the time we just refer to them as "my car" and "your car." Sorry, cars.

On 22/04/2018 at 8:29 PM, JordynDarby5 said:

My first car I named Luke and my second car I named Vader. 

Our first one was Humphrey. He was the only grey car sat in a sea of red ones. He looked majestic so needed a 'big' name.

Why and how do people come up with names for cars?

Not snarking at all, just honest question.

I have never felt the urge or need to name a car, and I honestly wouldn't know where to start if I was to select a name. All cars, whether owned or rented, were referred to by their brand and/or model.

We do know our current car is a girl, though, because cars are feminine in French ;)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived