IGNORED

Baby Vuolo Is a Girl

GnomeCat

7 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

I am 7,000 years old and a weary, jaded ball of scorn for all mankind, so maybe I'm alone on this, but "gender reveal obstacle course" is the most psychologically exhausting combination of words I've ever heard.

Word. My gender reveals were a phone call to the grandparents on (gasp) one of those old-fashioned land line phones complete with a twirly cord. Not even cordless. And that was if the one blurry as hell ultrasound even showed the sex. We didn't know with baby #2 because one ultrasound was all we got and she was feeling shy that day and wouldn't show herself. And get off my lawn, kids! :laughing-rollingred:

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks exhausting. Our gender reveal consisted of phone calls to both sets of grandparents. And a few texts to friends featuring the baby and neck tie emojis. 

13 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

I am 7,000 years old and a weary, jaded ball of scorn for all mankind, so maybe I'm alone on this, but "gender reveal obstacle course" is the most psychologically exhausting combination of words I've ever heard.

It should be a sex reveal obstacle course.

The possibilities...

Copying my response from the Babies thread, because it still applies:

Ugh, I was really hoping it would be all boys in that family for a while. My cousins and I have all had boys, pretty much, with just 4 girls out of 21 great-grandkids, so it wasn't out of the realm of possibility. 

Well, first Duggar daughter to have a daughter, that'll keep publicity going for a while. I imagine Jill is seething.  

They sure have a lot of time on their hands for this sort of thing...

I like the ice cream part but other than that....

the sign they flipped to reveal the gender

another picture from that day. I like her dress. 

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Word. My gender reveals were a phone call to the grandparents on (gasp) one of those old-fashioned land line phones complete with a twirly cord. Not even cordless. And that was if the one blurry as hell ultrasound even showed the sex. We didn't know with baby #2 because one ultrasound was all we got and she was feeling shy that day and wouldn't show herself. And get off my lawn, kids! :laughing-rollingred:

I’m slightly younger so my gender reveals came in the form of a text... on a flip phone!

I am surprised it's  a girl, leave it to Jinger to break the boy trend.   Congratulations to Jinger and Jeremy. 

My gender reveals came after the births on a landline. Ultra sounds were not common back then.

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

My gender reveals came after the births on a landline. Ultra sounds were not common back then.

Mine too-

I know gender reveals are trendy right now, and I'd probably go to one and eat cake and keep my thoughts to myself, but there are limits. There is no way I would ever run an obstacle course just for the privilege of finding out if someone else's fetus has a penis or a vagina.

Just now, Honeysuckle said:

I know gender reveals are trendy right now, and I'd probably go to one and eat cake and keep my thoughts to myself, but there are limits. There is no way I would ever run an obstacle course just for the privilege of finding out if someone else's fetus has a penis or a vagina.

bet Jessa and Ben were happy to do it they do love ice cream after all. :laughing-rollingyellow:

Baby girls are more fun for dresses and accessories than boys.
I can imagine Jessa disappointed if the next baby is not a girl.

I do not know why but I think that Jill would not mind having another boy.

congratulations to the vuolos!

pdt: I pray for an Italian name....

@Bad Wolf and @SassyPants, my first four sex reveals were also at birth over a landline.  The only baby I knew the sex of before she was born was my youngest.  I actually didn't want to know her sex beforehand, but we got a "moonshot" in one of the ultrasounds so we knew.

I sorta wish I'd not recorded over the tape we had of that ultrasound.  Of course, we don't have a working VHS player anymore.

If any of the Duggars should have a girl, I would rather it be Jinger. I predicted she would be the one to have a girl after so many boys. I bet Jessa really wants to get pregnant now so she can have a girl and their daughters can be BFFs. 

6 minutes ago, apiscue said:

Baby girls are more fun for dresses and accessories than boys.

I imagine they're excited for this, dressing up their little girl in all the bows and frills, and that drives me batty.

First of all, there's nothing other than stupid, idiotic, modern gender roles that stop people putting their baby boys in ribbons and floof. Secondly, babies are NOT little clotheshorses that are there just to dress up and pose. They are tiny human beings with wants and needs and desires, and I highly doubt that any baby, boy or girl, wants to be dressed up in scratchy ridiculous dresses and stupid, massive bows, when they could be bundled up in a nice and snug onesie and soft hat, instead. 

I'm guessing this was filmed for the show, so it's entirely possible that TLC provided the sign and all the other stuff, and would also explain why it was so elaborate. TLC loves scavenger hunts for some reason. 

11 minutes ago, Escadora said:

I imagine they're excited for this, dressing up their little girl in all the bows and frills, and that drives me batty.

First of all, there's nothing other than stupid, idiotic, modern gender roles that stop people putting their baby boys in ribbons and floof. Secondly, babies are NOT little clotheshorses that are there just to dress up and pose. They are tiny human beings with wants and needs and desires, and I highly doubt that any baby, boy or girl, wants to be dressed up in scratchy ridiculous dresses and stupid, massive bows, when they could be bundled up in a nice and snug onesie and soft hat, instead. 

But most of the cute girl cloths (or boy cloths) for babies are onesies.  My LO didn't care one way or another, because it largely felt the same to him if he was in his tux or any other cloths.  Because it was still a onesie.  

I think people over blow how annoyed babies get by this stuff.  I don't think they care at all.  

35 minutes ago, Honeysuckle said:

This.  A thousand times this.

For my pure, almost unholy love of cake, I would do it, but it had better be damn good cake.

And Baby Vuolo is a girl! As others have said, if there are going to be anymore girl babies in the Duggar family, then their best chance (to have any opportunities outside sister-mom) is to have Jinger and Jeremy as parents.

14 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

$200 on Amazon. $127 on Etsy. I'm sure there are cheaper options. :) 

Not bad, considering they can loan it out for the other future grand-duggars! Less than a dollar per gender reveal, potentially!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived