IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 33: In touch with gossip

samurai_sarah

32 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

So Jason is committed to Christ? Well that’s interesting.

What is could he be committed to? 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hannie looks like Joy, who looks like Jana... and apparently Jed. First time I've seen that resemblance!

6 hours ago, justpassingby said:

How is it possible that every one of the Duggar males are balding? At least 1 or 2 should have gotten lucky.

Jedidiah and Jeremiah seem to be doing alright.

I think it was in Jinger's wedding pics that I noticed that Johannah had shot up in height, and she looked much older compared to her lil sisters. I didn't recognise her then. She looks much older again here in this recent pics. I guess we don't get to see the lil ones that much anymore.

I always see Josh in her (but in a good way), but Johannah is a funny one in that I always see bits of different siblings in her depending on the pic  and the angle it is taken. I can see a touch of Jinger's smile there now it was mentioned. I definitely see a bit of Jana, and one of the boy twins.

I also can't believe the howler monkeys are starting to turn 18! In my head, the younger Duggar kids just stay a static age from the early shows. The younger girls are always 5/6 , and the boys 9-12. It always throws me when I see pics of a bearded James or Jason (always confuse them), and think he is still 11 or 12.

I think Johanna looks like a mix of Jana and Joy, which is fitting, given her name. 

8 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

I've always thought Josie was a mini blonde Jinger. They both look just like Michelle. 

I think Josie is a mini Josiah. 

I think a lot of the Duggar children who look alike are opposite sex. So it's harder to realize they look so much alike. Like Hannie and Jed and Josie and Si. 

I think the child that looks most like Michelle is Josh. If you look at pictures of Josh when he is a teen, he looks just like Michelle as a teen. 

2 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Jedidiah and Jeremiah seem to be doing alright.

Jer's hair is different from his brothers. It's curlier, thicker, and it's a color that has the very slightest hint of strawberry blonde. I really don't think his hairline will go as fast as the others. 

IMO Josie looks like a miniature Michelle with her curly hair and her long chin and funny eyes. I imagine if we saw any pics of Michelle in her childhood they would look very similar

Hannie has grown up quite a lot. I guess she is busy being a sister mom instead of being close to the brother she was close with, I think it was Jackson? 

I hope Michelle and Jim Bob don't feel the need or want to rush Hannie into a courtship, marriage and babies. I hate that it seems their childhood and teenage years are over before they had time to find their own likes and even dislikes in a partner.

4 hours ago, HOTW said:

IMO Josie looks like a miniature Michelle with her curly hair and her long chin and funny eyes. I imagine if we saw any pics of Michelle in her childhood they would look very similar

Jessa posted this one for Michelle’s birthday. Josie definitely looks a lot like her

53FAF504-1501-4F0D-B445-6D7D8815D6AC.jpeg

For being so enamored of Magnolia and the Gaineses, the Duggars sure are selective about what they appreciate.

Regardless of how it might be glossed over for TV, the Gaineses both have educations and skills that they worked to learn and work hard to use. They show up on time, meet deadlines, and put in extra effort if needed instead of doing a half-ass job. They send their children to school. They take responsible care of the animals they brought to their home. Joanna presents as anything but a meek, adoring helpmeet, and they give every indication that they plan their family. 

Wouldn't you think at least one Duggerling would notice oh, if I want THIS, then I need to do THAT? Or is it just that the Gaineses are also fundies so Jesus just showered all that fortune on them?

32 minutes ago, patsymae said:

For being so enamored of Magnolia and the Gaineses, the Duggars sure are selective about what they appreciate.

Regardless of how it might be glossed over for TV, the Gaineses both have educations and skills that they worked to learn and work hard to use. They show up on time, meet deadlines, and put in extra effort if needed instead of doing a half-ass job. They send their children to school. They take responsible care of the animals they brought to their home. Joanna presents as anything but a meek, adoring helpmeet, and they give every indication that they plan their family. 

Wouldn't you think at least one Duggerling would notice oh, if I want THIS, then I need to do THAT? Or is it just that the Gaineses are also fundies so Jesus just showered all that fortune on them?

I love, love , love this. Maybe that is what JD is doing. Biding his time, honing skills, saving money and waiting all his parents BS out? 

JB and M have taught their kids nothing. They limited education, stunted curiosity of any kind, forbade individuality and friendships, and worst of all, now keep the adults within their clinches by providing everything that those adults, and especially adults with families of their own need , without those adults having to work, and take care of themselves.

I wonder if part of this is guilt on the part of JB and M??????

Why do Josh, Joe or Ben need to work when Daddy Duggar provides homes, cars, food, entertainment, trips???????

On 4/22/2018 at 12:13 AM, Sky with diamonds said:

What is could he be committed to? 

an asylum 

Sorry - that just popped up in my brain and I had to go with it

1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

an asylum 

Sorry - that just popped up in my brain and I had to go with it

I just noticed that I made a mistake. It was supposed to be what else instead of is. I like the way you think.

5 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Jessa posted this one for Michelle’s birthday. Josie definitely looks a lot like her

53FAF504-1501-4F0D-B445-6D7D8815D6AC.jpeg

If I didn't know better, I would have thought that was Josie with one of those vintage filters.

39 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I just noticed that I made a mistake. It was supposed to be what else instead of is. I like the way you think.

I knew what you meant.  LOL

My brain is always in the gutter....

1 hour ago, Sky with diamonds said:

If I didn't know better, I would have thought that was Josie with one of those vintage filters.

I literally said "oh, wow!"

Stunting their education and curiosity. I remember an episode several years ago where one of the younger kids asked JB about some moss they found. All he said was that it was God’s carpet. Instead of taking the opportunity to stimulate their natural curiosity he said fed them the canned answer of “Jesus”. Since they are homeschooled it would have made a perfect botany lesson but no it had to be nothing but “God”. 

2 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

Stunting their education and curiosity. I remember an episode several years ago where one of the younger kids asked JB about some moss they found. All he said was that it was God’s carpet. Instead of taking the opportunity to stimulate their natural curiosity he said fed them the canned answer of “Jesus”. Since they are homeschooled it would have made a perfect botany lesson but no it had to be nothing but “God”. 

I suspect that in terms of general knowledge about various educational subjects, JB's comfort level is likely low. He does not present as an intellect- Michelle was probably a better overall student. JB is opportunistic and cunning.

Moss is God's carpet? Then I guess thunder is God and the angels bowling. Sigh. So many good teaching moments ignored.

Don't forget the time that JimBob told the kids they were visiting the castle where "King James wrote the King James Bible."

15 minutes ago, GeoBQn said:

Don't forget the time that JimBob told the kids they were visiting the castle where "King James wrote the King James Bible."

You mean the castle where James held court and maybe spent time with his male lovers. :P 

Josie and Justin look similar to me.

Johannah definitely looks like Jedidiah who Jinger also favors particularly now that she's pregnant, I think, maybe because her face is currently a bit fuller?

I can also see Josh and Hannie.

Jinger and Joy can also look similar to me even though their coloring is different. 

I am constantly amazed by fundies, and the Duggars in particular.

I know people have a range of intelligence levels. I know no one can know everything. I know some people struggle with some subjects more than others. But I do NOT understand how these people can be so willfully stupid! Kids are born with curiosity, and they seem to just deliberately kill that. 

I think the Maxwells may be slightly worse, in making sure no one gets to do anything they are too good at or enjoy too much - they actively aim for mediocrity. But you'd think a family that goes on TV making a huge production of their homeschooling and how great their lives are would make some attempt at making themselves and their kids look bright. "God's carpet". Really? I'm sure he had no idea what the moss was, but couldn't he have said "Oh, that's moss! I don't know what kind, but we can look that up and find out!" 

I think Jessa, Jinger, Josh, and Jackson look the most like Michelle

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived