IGNORED

Lori Alexander 43: Pepper and Darkness

Okay, this BeautyCounter thing? The day I spend $25 on a bar of charcoal soap or $80 on a 2.75 ounce jar of cleansing balm (not that I would even if I could afford it) is the day they cart me away in a straitjacket.:laughing-rolling:

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I like to look at 2 Kings 4 as examples of women not necessarily fitting the mold that Ken and Lori try to put them in. In the first story, the woman is commanded to go out and sell the oil that she has to prevent her two boys from being taken into slavery. In the second, a woman tells her husband what to do twice and then she's the one that rides to Elisha to save her son when she falls ill and dies. Elisha raises him from the dead. Two women stepping forward in faith in order to provide for and protect their family. Strong, courageous women who did what they could for their children. No where in that do I see the weaker sex, the less logical and less commanding of respect. 

Ken's comments inspire me to do a little digging. Also he's talking about inventors. Uh aren't black women the ones that helped us get into space? Didn't a woman discover DNA? Marie Curie? Ann Tsukamoto, Grace Hopper, Stephanie Kwolek, Shirley Jackson? Of course this might be my public school history learnin coming out. They never taught me the art of erasing women from history, silly them what were they thinking? 

2 hours ago, refugee said:

In terms of energy, everyone wakes up with a certain number of spoons. It takes spoons to do anything. Getting out of bed might be one spoon. Getting dressed might take two. Maybe washing dishes is five (and fixing food is ten, so if you’re low on energy you don’t eat, or grab something quick but not necessarily helpful). Work may be ten or twenty or fifty spoons. Laundry could be twenty.

Ive suffered from Lupus for years and spoons literally saved my sanity! Accepting that I couldn’t do everything I wanted/needed to do was such a hard part of the illness. 

This tshirt popped up on my Facebook today. Made me think of you Ken! 

Spoiler

06CF8F9B-0BBB-469B-A6F9-85E20095C629.jpeg

I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) a couple years ago.  There is no miracle pill unfortunately, to combat the fatigue.  So, I found eating healthy, exercising, and keeping a routine (i.e. being an ebil working woman) helps.  I do take time off to rest, if I find myself getting the "feeling" of fatigue.  

Sometimes I wish that I could win the lottery, buy a house across the street from Ken, who thinks molestation is normal, and Lori, just to annoy them. LOL

I have never heard the spoons theory/idea/explanation - whatever it's called.  But it makes perfect sense to me.  I think I ran out of April's spoons about Tuesday, around 1:15.

19 hours ago, EowynW said:

Ken is over on 2.0. 

IMG_3532.PNG

Well, Ken have you actually done most of those things? Also, Ken not all men have the physical staminia do all those things. Not every single man has the desire to repair cars or refrigerators or build computers. Also building modern day computers isn't all that strenuous. So Kenny boy did you build the computer you're using?

I used to like Ken a little more than Lori. But, not anymore. He's a fucking piece of shit who benefits from working women in many ways.

30 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Well, Ken have you actually done most of those things? Also, Ken not all men have the physical staminia do all those things. Not every single man has the desire to repair cars or refrigerators or build computers. Also building modern day computers isn't all that strenuous. So Kenny boy did you build the computer you're using?

I used to like Ken a little more than Lori. But, not anymore. He's a fucking piece of shit who benefits from working women in many ways.

Well, someone called him out on the Iraq one!

kensucks.PNG.44d5c73105e088d637aa8de7dfde5c38.PNG

Ken's such a dipshit.

I'm starting to wonder if Ken speaks the way he writes. He is one long winded mf'er. I think he likes the online forum because he doesn't have to talk over anyone else trying to make a point. He can just brain dump & split. 

He and his spoiled brat certainly do deserve each other.

Ken:

Ken Alexander Casey Sandusky Well if you read my "posts" here, you have much of the logic and rational. Are you sure that is what you want, or you want to create noise and distractions for Lori's primary audience? If you look back at older blogs posts when Lori started she allowed much more free-wheeling conversations. Fewer people commenting and not as much venom. Then the FJ people found her and whipped her upside down and backwards, causing her to have a much faster delete button. But the biggest problem now is two fold as I see it:Well if you read my "posts" here, you have much of the logic and rational. Are you sure that is what you want, or you want to create noise and distractions for Lori's primary audience? If you look back at older blogs posts when Lori started she allowed much more free-wheeling conversations. Fewer people commenting and not as much venom. Then the FJ people found her and whipped her upside down and backwards, causing her to have a much faster delete button. 

But the biggest problem now is twofold as I see it when it comes to disagreeing comments: First there are so many people for Lori tom coach and answer. Blog, Facebook, large Chat Room, 8-10 Messenger messages a day, emails, but you want others want her to deal with an issue she has clearly given responses to 100 times already in posts and comments.

I said to her the other day, “Maybe you should allow more of the questioning comments and have set answer in a Word document with a hundred typical questions that you can just keep cutting and pasting, because this person has not heard it yet.” That takes time, and it takes a comment that seems to be rally trying to discover truth, not just “how can she think that way.” She thinks that way because she is in line with what Christians have believed for 2000 years! 

So what you are really saying is, “In this age of enlightened, liberated women, how can she think that way,” and the answer is faith. She trusts that God’s Word transcends time and culture. Kit certainly did in Greco-Roman times and throughout history, but now you think that feminism will finally be the death of God’s Word on the matters of family life? 

You try dealing with 50 questions, comments, a day. I have been trying to keep up with just the 5-10 posed to me here on this site and it takes hours. Yes, I am far more longwinded than she is.

2 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Well, someone called him out on the Iraq one!

kensucks.PNG.44d5c73105e088d637aa8de7dfde5c38.PNG

Ken's such a dipshit.

Love this response. I honestly wonder if Kenny boy or his sons have ever fired a gun. Now, I get that some people both male and female have no desire to fire weapons. But, Ken and Lori for years keep pushing about how men are protectors and should be soldiers and cops. Lori also did dumb ass posts where she basically said that women don't hunt. Lori and Ken remind me of infamous Mormon blogger NieNie and her husband Christian. Both NieNie and Christian push strict gender roles on her blog and social media about men working on raches, using guns, and women being SAHMs. But, NieNie and Christian both use guns and they are currently living on a family ranch which Christian manages With Lori and Ken, there aren't any posts or pictures of Ken or the sons using guns or hunting, or doing other hobbies that they view as manly. Now, maybe Ken and/or the sons do those things, but they don't post pictures online. However, I'm leaning on the side that Ken and the sons don't really do hobbies that are usually viewed as "manly".

@refugee thank you so much. I read your post to Mr Nova because I feel like if I could explain what my days are like, the spoon concept is it.

I never know what I'll wake up with. If I'm careful to control diet, activities, and well being, my spoons add up. If I let it go and push myself, I begin to have less and less and eventually none at all. It took a long time to listen to my body and create a balance. Self care is critical to avoiding the crash. Sometimes the crash happens no matter how well I care for myself and it becomes compounded by negative feelings. I struggle with self worth sometimes, wanting to be what I was before, with endless spoons. My therapist used to laugh because I would endlessly start with, "yeah, but before..." She taught me to add up what I accomplished at the end of every day. My to-done list. Sometimes it's as simple as I got up and showered and ate a healthy lunch. Doesn't sound like much but it helps me mentally build momentum. 

I am really surprised Ken doesn't have at least 5 or so of Lori supporters over at 2.0 supporting him. Just seems like none of Lori fans are over there willing to take it on. 

22 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I am really surprised Ken doesn't have at least 5 or so of Lori supporters over at 2.0 supporting him. Just seems like none of Lori fans are over there willing to take it on. 

Ashley Plett spent several hours trolling Rachelle for some sad reason.

But no-one else did.

Ken seems to be only addressing people he can belittle or really argue with on 2.0. He seems to be ignoring completely the comments that are polite, thoughtful questions which point out inconsistancies.

I wonder how much longer Ken will be commenting on 2.0. His comments towards women have just gotten more nasty. Ken better hope he ends up in mostly male staffed nursing home someday. I would also love for him to explain on 2.0 about how the orthodontic and dentistry fields would survive if the women in those fields decided to stay at home.

1 hour ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Ashley Plett spent several hours trolling Rachelle for some sad reason.

But no-one else did.

I donated to Planned Parenthood in honor of Ashley. She blocked me. Blessed silence! 

So idk if any of y'all are part of the Biblical Christian Egalitarian Facebook page (if I remember some of you are) but our current heroine Rachelle O'Neal is and she just shared a really difficult experience with family so I encourage people to go over and offer her support.  

Anyways, I love the spoons idea. When I'm talking with clients or friends I always emphasize the importance of having grace with ourselves. Because sometimes we are overwhelmed and I think we're raised to believe that not being able to handle everything life throws our way means we have some type of moral failure. So whether it's being tired or just in a tough situation, we are enough. 

9 hours ago, refugee said:

In terms of energy, everyone wakes up with a certain number of spoons. It takes spoons to do anything.

What an interesting concept! I've never heard of it before, definitely bookmarking that for future reference! 

4 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Not every single man has the desire to repair cars or refrigerators or build computers. Also building modern day computers isn't all that strenuous. So Kenny boy did you build the computer you're using?

And plenty of women have the desire and skills to do those things, instead! I know some women like myself find it easier to set up tech things because of our smaller hands... intelligent design? :my_angel:

I can't imagine how boring life would be if everyone only took on hobbies and interests "appropriate" to their gender.

Ol' Kenny-boy would have had a shit fit watching me disassemble the front of the 'stang to get at the alternator and pulleys...then the belt snapped and guess who fixed it (hint: comes equipped with tits). There's a lot of shit I don't fuck with anymore...it's just easier to pay someone to do it...BUT...I've done my share, including rebuilding engines and transmissions...and who the fuck does he think puts together our home network and shit? Hubs? I love the man to pieces but he's about as useful as tits on a bull when it comes to that shit. 

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

So idk if any of y'all are part of the Biblical Christian Egalitarian Facebook page (if I remember some of you are) but our current heroine Rachelle O'Neal is and she just shared a really difficult experience with family so I encourage people to go over and offer her support.  

Anyways, I love the spoons idea. When I'm talking with clients or friends I always emphasize the importance of having grace with ourselves. Because sometimes we are overwhelmed and I think we're raised to believe that not being able to handle everything life throws our way means we have some type of moral failure. So whether it's being tired or just in a tough situation, we are enough. 

Not only that, but so many people I’ve known use bible verses as a club to beat you up if they think you should be doing more. “I can do all things...”

@SuperNova, I’d really encourage you to check out the book, Unf*ck Your Habitat. It purports to be about housework, but it really has a lot to offer in terms of coping with life in the face of obstacles, and learning to give yourself some grace and forgiveness when your feel like you haven’t done enough, can’t do enough, and will never get it right.

Jeez, I'm so disappointed in KenI I wasn't here the time he came to FJ and had his arse handed to him and I always thought it would be such fun to get to engage with him in that way.

But you know what? - I've read through the most recent threads and engaging with Ken is actually zero craic. He's really irritating. He's smug and pompous and I suspect he's completely incapable of even hearing, never mind learning from another.

As my darling Mama used to say, "As God made them, he matched them..."  :my_rolleyes:

(And yes, by and large, she always meant it sarcastically! Kind of 'Thank God those two are a couple because it means no one else has to be stuck with either of them...") 

4 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Ol' Kenny-boy would have had a shit fit watching me disassemble the front of the 'stang to get at the alternator and pulleys...then the belt snapped and guess who fixed it (hint: comes equipped with tits). There's a lot of shit I don't fuck with anymore...it's just easier to pay someone to do it...BUT...I've done my share, including rebuilding engines and transmissions...and who the fuck does he think puts together our home network and shit? Hubs? I love the man to pieces but he's about as useful as tits on a bull when it comes to that shit. 

I'm(mostly)a lurker on a vintage VW fan site, and not only are there multiple female members, they do most of their own maintenance. Suck on THAT, Kenny-boy!

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

I'm(mostly)a lurker on a vintage VW fan site, and not only are there multiple female members, they do most of their own maintenance. Suck on THAT, Kenny-boy!

Fixing up an vintage VW camper is my dream!

As was customary in the early 90’s, I saw the school careers adviser in my last year of high school. I told him I wanted to be a mechanic, his response.. ‘why would they hire you when they could hire a boy who knew what he was doing’.

unfortunately, I wasn’t the sort of kid that could have told him where to stick it and I let his narrow minded, sexist shit win.    It still grates to this day! But what I am proud of is that not only are my kids doing exactly what they want, but they’ve been brought up to tell any sexist pig exactly what they think of them! 

@feministxtian I think you rock! 

44 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Fixing up an vintage VW camper is my dream!

As was customary in the early 90’s, I saw the school careers adviser in my last year of high school. I told him I wanted to be a mechanic, his response.. ‘why would they hire you when they could hire a boy who knew what he was doing?

I have a similar story. In 1982, in my high school office, I was talking about selecting a college. The school superintendent, whose son was in my class & his daughter a year younger, told me he did not see the point of women going to college since they will just get married later & stop working to take care of their kids.

This was a small, rural district. My mind still boggles at the thought of an educator being against half the population getting an education. I did argue with him about it to no avail.

the funny thing is I think his daughter is now a divorced mother so she probably works.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived