IGNORED

Lori Alexander 43: Pepper and Darkness

12 hours ago, YourMamaKnew said:

She is more insane now than ever. Hope her daughter likes that her own mother is calling her a whore. What SCUM. 

EXPENSIVE!!! Says the woman who spends ridiculous amounts of money on shit. 

She clearly has issues with her daughter -- she's constantly taking potshots at her over her childless (or childfree) status, so really, the low blows at her over her clothing choices aren't that far of a leap for our "dear" Lori. 

*I happen to think that that particular daughter looks lovely, however, and when she dresses up, she looks even lovelier. And anyway, I'm of the Mindy Kaling opinion that "If you've got it, flaunt it. And if you don't got it? Flaunt it. 'Cause what are we even doing here if we're not flaunting it?" 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori's focus on what people wear reminds me of a woman in my church. Now, our church is baptist, but definitively moderate (Probably would be considered hell-bound liberal by most fundamentalists) and while most people wear "Sunday best" to church, no one cares if the on-call firefighter shows up in his work clothes, or half the teenage boys wear cargo shorts, or the girls have on spaghetti straps. Most of the older ladies go the pantsuit or slacks & blouse route.

However, this one woman (who is nice but honestly a bit dim) decided to homeschool her two daughters (briefly, thankfully) and of course began attending homeschool conferences and things. Unfortunately it seems many of the people there were of the "homeschooling as shelter from the world" variety, so this woman and her daughters started showing up in the ankle-length jean skirts and long sleeve blouses.

No one much cared, until she decided at a church-wide meeting to announce that she felt "many people here need to dress more modestly!"

The general reaction was "Ok then! Next question?"

Absolutely no one took her seriously. There was some mild eye rolling, but no one was unkind about it. No one changed their ways, either.

Within 6 months this woman was divorced, her kids were back in public school, and they were all wearing whatever they liked, and they were all much happier overall.

I suspect whenever Lori says something to anyone at church the response is probably the same. "Ok then! How about that weather..." followed by private "Can you believe what Lori said today?! Haha!"

18 minutes ago, polecat said:

She clearly has issues with her daughter -- she's constantly taking potshots at her over her childless (or childfree) status, so really, the low blows at her over her clothing choices aren't that far of a leap for our "dear" Lori. 

*I happen to think that that particular daughter looks lovely, however, and when she dresses up, she looks even lovelier. And anyway, I'm of the Mindy Kaling opinion that "If you've got it, flaunt it. And if you don't got it? Flaunt it. 'Cause what are we even doing here if we're not flaunting it?" 

Alyssa is so beautiful. But yeah, she doesn't follow Lori's modesty rules (heck, Lori doesn't even follow Lori's modesty rules). I've said it before and I'll keep beating this drum: get your own house in order before you tear into other women, if you believe it's so wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Lori's focus on what people wear reminds me of a woman in my church. Now, our church is baptist, but definitively moderate (Probably would be considered hell-bound liberal by most fundamentalists) and while most people wear "Sunday best" to church, no one cares if the on-call firefighter shows up in his work clothes, or half the teenage boys wear cargo shorts, or the girls have on spaghetti straps. Most of the older ladies go the pantsuit or slacks & blouse route.

However, this one woman (who is nice but honestly a bit dim) decided to homeschool her two daughters (briefly, thankfully) and of course began attending homeschool conferences and things. Unfortunately it seems many of the people there were of the "homeschooling as shelter from the world" variety, so this woman and her daughters started showing up in the ankle-length jean skirts and long sleeve blouses.

No one much cared, until she decided at a church-wide meeting to announce that she felt "many people here need to dress more modestly!"

The general reaction was "Ok then! Next question?"

Absolutely no one took her seriously. There was some mild eye rolling, but no one was unkind about it. No one changed their ways, either.

Within 6 months this woman was divorced, her kids were back in public school, and they were all wearing whatever they liked, and they were all much happier overall.

I suspect whenever Lori says something to anyone at church the response is probably the same. "Ok then! How about that weather..." followed by private "Can you believe what Lori said today?! Haha!"

Our church is what I call Southern Baptist in Name Only.  It's probably one that would also be called hell-bound liberal. I like it, but I'm still thinking that I might want to rejoin the United Methodist church, because I have been through a Southern Baptist church with a more progressive pastor who was basically chased out by the deacons - who were probably a lot like Lori in belief and actions. I'm just afraid of that happening in our current church, although I don't have any reason to suspect that it will. I've just "been there, done that"

Also, we had dinner at our favorite local Chinese buffet last night. Mr. Briefly surprised me by taking me to dinner, my allergies have been killing me and he wanted to do something nice.  Which it was.

8 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Poor Ken. Still getting a thrashing. 

I have literally never thought this in my life. What's it like? LOL

30 minutes ago, Briefly said:

Our church is what I call Southern Baptist in Name Only.  It's probably one that would also be called hell-bound liberal. I like it, but I'm still thinking that I might want to rejoin the United Methodist church, because I have been through a Southern Baptist church with a more progressive pastor who was basically chased out by the deacons - who were probably a lot like Lori in belief and actions. I'm just afraid of that happening in our current church, although I don't have any reason to suspect that it will. I've just "been there, done that"

Also, we had dinner at our favorite local Chinese buffet last night. Mr. Briefly surprised me by taking me to dinner, my allergies have been killing me and he wanted to do something nice.  Which it was.

Sounds much like my church! I think we still technically are part of the convention, maybe. IDK, we might have got kicked out. Many people do specify on their tithes/donations that no part of their money is to go to the SBC. There's no chance of our pastor being chased out, though... he just celebrated 10 years with us, and while there are probably a couple people of the more conservative bent in the church, they are outnumbered. Over half our deacons are women (and have been since before this pastor came to us) and I know for a fact when they were looking for a new pastor any letters or resumes that said anything about opposing female pastors or leadership went straight in the garbage. Our pastor is a strong supporter of women preaching and leading the church, and also a strong supporter of education. His daughter is about to go to college and major in science.

When the same-sex marriage issue was about to be voted on, his entire sermon was about how one character in the bible (I don't remember which one) was in captivity and witnessed in love to his captors who were a different religion, without imposing his own beliefs on the people he was surrounded by. And also threw in a section about how important separation of church and state is. Not everyone got it, but I was glad he preached about it.

8 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I have literally never thought this in my life. What's it like? LOL

Only poor Ken because he has no idea how pathetic he's looking. And he's a grown ass man supposed to be putting the women in their place. 

I.  Am. Dying. 

IMG_3797.PNG

13 hours ago, EowynW said:

Tonight we are having a perfectly healthy dinner. 

Salsa Verde chicken (Low carb and lower fat) with Mexican baked zuchinni.  

Recipe pleeeeeeeeze? :D 

8 minutes ago, Koala said:

Which post (on 2.0) is he on?

We all know for sure which post he's avoiding! 

On the 2.0 wall it's his own post from Easter. 

5 minutes ago, Sobeknofret said:

Recipe pleeeeeeeeze? :D 

Sure thing. As soon as I get home from work. 

Comment from the  harlot post:

There is only two kind of women existing. A wife and a harlot. No middle ground.

The definition of a wife is that she HELPs and MEETs his husband's needs FREELY. (He who finds a good wife got the FAVOR=GRACE=UNDESERVED, UNMERITED,UNEARNED BENEVOLENCE of God). Do you girl represent the GRACE of God?

The definition of a harlot is that a man has to EARN her favor. It's simple. If a man has to PROVE anything to you to receive your trust you're a harlot.

It's a mindset thing in women.

Hooboy.

Honestly, I’m terrified for this world. These people are fucking insane.

Anyone else think Ken is a little turned on arguing with all the little women?  Why else is he hanging around for so long?

4 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Anyone else think Ken is a little turned on arguing with all the little women?  Why else is he hanging around for so long?

EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW--- the idea of me contributing to give this asshole a boner in any way makes me want to shower in sulfuric acid. 

Ken stuck around here for several months (which surprised me).  He also posted like 300 392 comments in that time!  He was quite determined to show us how wrong we were, which obviously went over quite well here ;)

I can't remember what finally made him leave, but I think it was when Cabinetman came to help Ken and he was also handed his ass.

14 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

These people make me want to leave Christianity. Some days I have to remind myself there are good people claiming Jesus out there. 

Ken's comments on Facebook remind me of a little boy throwing a temper tantrum because he didn't get what he wanted. "I should get my way because I have a penis. Waaaaaah."

4 minutes ago, Curious said:

Ken stuck around here for several months (which surprised me).  He also posted like 300 392 comments in that time!  He was quite determined to show us how wrong we were, which obviously went over quite well here ;)

I can't remember what finally made him leave, but I think it was when Cabinetman came to help Ken and he was also handed his ass.

Perhaps he realizes that he is debating with many FJers and is attempting to redeem himself after his ass-whooping here?  If so, it’s not working.  

This was Ken's final post:

Based on the screenshots being posted from 2.0 page, not much has changed in 4 years....

19 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Well, that just killed my interest in participating!  :wtsf:

He's resorting to a claim that he knows the motives of those who disagree, guess he forgot that according to his Bible only God knows the heart.  And he's claiming that whether women are made in the image of God isn't important.  It's hopeless.  :roll: 

I just realized I lied.  Ken was not here for several months.  He was here from Feb 16 to March 29 and posted 392 times!

He continued to read until October.  IIRC, he got called out on lurking (maybe in a cabinetman thread/post) and stopped logging in after that.  He can obviously read while not logged in which is likely I'd guess.

The definition of a harlot is that a man has to EARN her favor. It's simple. If a man has to PROVE anything to you to receive your trust you're a harlot.

So Lori's saying that she was a whore for the first half of her marriage? And her children were born as a result of her whoredoms? Interesting ...

(I feel dirty even using that language, which is pretty funny considering some of the language that comes out of me at any other time ... but her misogynistic vulgarity is just too gross even for my sailor's mouth.)

11 hours ago, onemama said:

- One beautiful definition of what an elder should be:

the soft place to fall. The person you would want to catch you in your worst moment.

This reminds me of my (female) pastor.  A few weeks ago, she noticed that I looked absolutely miserable and called me to find out what was wrong. At the time, I had no other soft place to fall.

She also, at one of our board of trustees meetings, explained the concept of triangulation* and why it’s so toxic and unproductive. Helloooooo, Lori!

*Triangulation:  Going to a third party when someone else is doing something you don’t like, and expecting that third party to go to the “offender” and fix things without any effort on your part.

1 hour ago, jerkit said:

Comment from the  harlot post:

Hooboy.

I feel like I pop into this thread just to say "what in the everloving fuck???" and then leave, but....what in the everloving fuck??? I'm supposed to just automatically trust every man I meet because I'm a woman?? They don't have to earn my trust??? I mean, I like to require that men prove to me they aren't going to assault me or rape me, but apparently that makes me a harlot?? Jesus H. Christ on a bicycle that's fucked up. 

Apparently my definition of harlot is very different from hers. She makes it sound like a virtuous woman should just give her “trust” to any old man who comes along!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived