IGNORED

Lori Alexander 43: Pepper and Darkness

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I think she's just shopping online, and put that out there so when Ken sees her spending hours looking at clothes she can call it "research". She does hours of that every day, you know.

It occurred to me that Lori has to be in charge, always. Early in her marriage, she bossed around Ken (and worked as a teacher, so the kids there as well). Then she had kids, and could boss them around for a good long time. Somewhere in there she decided to go with this submission thing, and made a huge deal about it, but then the kids grew up and moved out... and she can't be "a submissive wife" and be the boss of the house without admitting she was wrong. So, being someone who can never admit she's not 100% correct at all times but who can't live without being the boss, now she goes online and tells people what to do and bans and deletes people like crazy to demonstrate her power. I'd love to hear from a former housekeeper and/or nanny of hers.

I think if she wasn't Christian she could maybe have been a high powered but much hated executive or politician of some sort, if it wasn't for the laziness. She's really good at ignoring and never learning from criticism and repeating untruths until people believe them, all while surrounding herself with less-perceptive sycophants. Kinda reminds me of someone else... does she play golf, too?

And before Ken her target was her sisters. Lazy Lori must ALWAYS be the boss!!

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

And before Ken her target was her sisters. Lazy Lori must ALWAYS be the boss!!

Her parents should have put a stop to that.  I wouldn't have put up with her bossing her sisters around, and "always getting her way" for a hot minute.  I am afraid that it was the first step to making her the (intolerable) person she is today.  

34 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I'm guessing there will be a quiz? :roll:

I cracked up laughing when I read that.

Then I came here to see if anyone had Cliffs Notes on the local whores as I’m too busy with my evil job to study on my own.

Interesting. Has anyone seen Alyssa's instagram picture today? I thought she looked lovely, but it is the direct opposite of modest in Lori-land.

Regarding dressing modestly:

I dress probably something close to "fundie"...I'm older, I'm overweight and I really don't need to be flashing the goods at my age. That said...IF I was concerned about how someone was dressed in church (not that I give a damn) I'd probably go to my pastor's wife and let HER handle it. If some biddy came up to me and started telling me about the way I was dressed, unless it was someone I knew and respected, I'd probably tell them where to get off the bus. At church, I'd be reasonably polite (as in leaving out the profanity), anywhere else, I'd blister someone's eardrums. 

Lori has NO room to talk about dressing modestly. I probably cover more skin than she does on a daily basis. 

I wanted to study harlots so naturally I started with google.

Results for ‘how does a harlot dress?’:

Spoiler

03F37AB7-A39A-4A7F-BC98-36162A366705.thumb.jpeg.b69d4233b8d6f1cc79db7bdc36e8cb05.jpeg

I learned from this page that loads of Christians websites seem to be obsessed with harlots and that dressing as one is an open invitation to being raped.  I chose not to delve further into these sites.

Results for ‘how does a harlot behave?’:

Spoiler

F26CBB56-9F50-41ED-89A4-2244D18A7972.thumb.jpeg.e1c4e27df5c363b9a4aeaad2b181cc3d.jpeg

Well, looky here at the third option. It’s almost like she’s spoken about this before. 

Alright, I’m afraid that’s the extent of my study. I think I get it. Many women dress like harlots. Many women act like harlots.  Lori is a bitch and a monster.  Class dismissed.

I feel so important...Ken just can't quit me!!!!! He just posted another wall o'text on that thread in 2.0. I answered him...

25 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Lori has NO room to talk about dressing modestly. I probably cover more skin than she does on a daily basis. 

Having seen Lori "in the wild" I guarantee I am always at least as covered and almost always more covered. 

I'm not sure why she's on about the harlots unless long pants and sweatshirts are now harlot wear.  We're having a small chilly spell. 

Well I don't dress modest since don't give a fuck about that and nobody around me seems to care either.

Summer holidays are spent wearing bikinis or very tight wetsuits. Mini skirts, tank tops and shorts are also standard wear.

No, I not a sex worker nor did anyone ever think I am one. I am a soon-to-be doctor (though a lot of people think I am a highschool student, since I'm about 160cm/40kg and yes, I eat way more than Lori).

43 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

That said...IF I was concerned about how someone was dressed in church (not that I give a damn) I'd probably go to my pastor's wife and let HER handle it.

Lori did something similar.  She went to the pastor's wife and told her that SHE was dressing immodestly.  :pb_lol:  That pastor's wife just wouldn't come under Lori's authority, though.  It's a real mystery.

It's funny how Lori talks about people not wanting to come under her authority when she confronts them about modesty.  She sure didn't come under her church's authority when they clearly didn't agree with her "message".  She actually took to her blog to gripe about it (multiple times).  It's also worth noting that more than one church has told Lori that she is not allowed to pester other congregants with her views while she's on their grounds.  

I am no Christian, but it seems to me that Lori coming under the authority of her church, would be more biblical than Lori's church coming under her authority. 

8 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori did something similar.  She went to the pastor's wife and told her that SHE was dressing immodestly.  :pb_lol:  That pastor's wife just wouldn't come under Lori's authority, though.  It's a real mystery.

It's funny how Lori talks about people not wanting to come under her authority when she confronts them about modesty.  She sure didn't come under her church's authority when they clearly didn't agree with her "message".  She actually took to her blog to gripe about it (multiple times).  It's also worth noting that more than one church has told Lori that she is not allowed to pester other congregants with her views while she's on their grounds.  

I am no Christian, but it seems to me that Lori coming under the authority of her church, would be more biblical than Lori's church coming under her authority. 

I would NOT tell my pastor's wife I thought she was dressing immodestly (that wouldn't happen anyway)

I've tried to engage Kenny-boy in dialog about his wife coming under pastoral authority, but he thought I was talking about head coverings...what a dolt with a tenuous grasp of the English language and very poor reading comprehension skills. 

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

I would NOT tell my pastor's wife I thought she was dressing immodestly

Most people wouldn't, but pretty much nothing is beyond Lori's ability to be mind-blowingly classless.  

My style varies all the time, some of my shirts just happen to show some cleavage.  I don't buy them for that particular reason it just happens. But if that's the only thing a person pays attention to when speaking to me that's their problem. If they miss my heart for others, my intelligence, and my sense of humor then I can't help that. 

I garden topless. My back hurts all the time because of illness and that sun feels so good on my bare skin and sore muscles and bones. Nobody would see me unless they came around the back of the house. If they did, no big deal. I would put my shirt on and chuckle at the other person's discomfort, because I am way past caring about what other people think. Maybe I should move next door to Lori and really give her something to gossip about.

Help a girl out.  What is she trying to say here?

I do make anything my husband requests. I made him Curry Lentil Chicken stew for him the other night. He likes omlettes some nights. He prefers having his big meal of the day at night and I like a light meal at night. When my children were home, I would make them hearty dinners that are all typed out on my old blog. But they all loved salads and eating healthy because I had trained them this way. lorialexander.blogspot.com

I thought she said the other day that Ken liked a light meal at night.  Now he likes to have his big meal of the day at night, so he has an omelette?  

She says she used to make "hearty dinners".  Why isn't she still making them if that's what Ken wants?  I am confused.

She's contradicting herself again. What the hell's the big deal with cooking dinner. It's not rocket science. I manage to put something on the table damn near every night...

If she made the kids "hearty dinners" why were they begging Ken for food? 

God...she needs to step away from the computer

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Regarding dressing modestly:

I dress probably something close to "fundie"...I'm older, I'm overweight and I really don't need to be flashing the goods at my age. That said...IF I was concerned about how someone was dressed in church (not that I give a damn) I'd probably go to my pastor's wife and let HER handle it. If some biddy came up to me and started telling me about the way I was dressed, unless it was someone I knew and respected, I'd probably tell them where to get off the bus. At church, I'd be reasonably polite (as in leaving out the profanity), anywhere else, I'd blister someone's eardrums. 

Respectfully, why would it be the pastor’s wife’s job to handle it?  

5 minutes ago, Denim Jumper said:

Respectfully, why would it be the pastor’s wife’s job to handle it?  

The pastor's wife would be the one to handle it or not at her discretion because she's a little more of an "authority figure" in the church than I'd be. However, it's really not a big deal at our church. I'd only say something to someone I was related to...

37 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

The pastor's wife would be the one to handle it or not at her discretion because she's a little more of an "authority figure" in the church than I'd be. However, it's really not a big deal at our church. I'd only say something to someone I was related to...

Oh, I guess it must be a denominational thing? I think I’d be taken back if one of my husband’s parishioners approached me about something like that; probably suggest they talk to the offending party themselves. 

3 hours ago, Koala said:

I can only think of this when she talks about authority. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

The nerve here..

Facebook too political? Gee who is the pro at shutting down voices?  Nevermind the fact that someone shut down the Lori undeleted page. IOW, as hard they try they can't shut me up!!

facebooktoopolitical.thumb.PNG.d93ae32e2ecd16147f1f81fab790f52d.PNG

5 minutes ago, Denim Jumper said:

Oh, I guess it must be a denominational thing? I think I’d be taken back if one of my husband’s parishioners approached me about something like that; probably suggest they talk to the offending party themselves. 

I don't feel it would be my place. In Lori's world, SHE took it upon her self to tell the pastor's wife she was dressed immodestly. I would NEVER in a million years do that to Anna. Nope, not happening. 

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

I don't feel it would be my place. In Lori's world, SHE took it upon her self to tell the pastor's wife she was dressed immodestly. I would NEVER in a million years do that to Anna. Nope, not happening. 

Our Pastor has told our congregation that someone could come in dressed in rags and someone could come in dressed in beautiful clothes, but we cannot see into their hearts.  That's not our place.  "Do not judge, lest ye yourself be judged."

In our church, there's suits, dresses, jeans and t-shirts.  We're all the same.  Its a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints.  

Edited to add:  When some parishioners have commented on clothing choices, etc., our pastor brings up the rags and riches analogy.

5 minutes ago, 3splenty said:

Our Pastor has told our congregation that someone could come in dressed in rags and someone could come in dressed in beautiful clothes, but we cannot see into their hearts.  That's not our place.  "Do not judge, lest ye yourself be judged."

In our church, there's suits, dresses, jeans and t-shirts.  We're all the same.  Its a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints.  

there's a "dress code" for the choir but that's it. 

I can't think of a context in which it would be MY place to tell someone they are not dressed modestly enough.   Maybe if I was a business owner and a guy game in without a shirt or something.   Since I, myself, can't wear shoes, I would not have an issue with stocking feet (bare feet, no) because you don't know another person's situation.   No one has ever told me I can't be served because I'm not wearing shoes.   I assume people realize I can't wear them since I'm in a wheelchair.

When I went to church in the dark ages, the only rule was no shorts and that was a parental rule.  Granted I don't recall anyone wearing shorts, but I also wasn't looking for immodestly dressed folks.   I was allowed to wear jeans, though it wasn't preferred (again by my parents).

The hubris it takes to tell the pastor's wife she is dressed immodestly boggles my mind.

5 minutes ago, Curious said:

When I went to church in the dark ages, the only rule was no shorts and that was a parental rule.  Granted I don't recall anyone wearing shorts, but I also wasn't looking for immodestly dressed folks.   I was allowed to wear jeans, though it wasn't preferred (again by my parents).

Shorts are pretty popular here from about April to October...wearing jeans in 100+ degree heat is AWFUL!!!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived